Who's next?
-
Manic attention getting, my guess.
The Browns would be stupid, and the joke of the league, if they take a big chance, and draft
another tall, super athletic wr who is stupid and can't stop the pot because
he says one thing, and stupidly couldn't really care less because he's stupid.
Wait......stupid manic attention. There.
-
Po has a point on DGB.
After all, he has the last name of TWO great receivers. That's all you need to know right there.
-
I'll stick with Lockett in the 3rd because he meets multiple needs. If you ever watched many of his games you will know he is "Mr. Clutch" and a real team leader on top of that.
-
ILB, WR and if you can steal Bryce Petty so be it
-
hoping strong gets to 43.
-
-
-
Clemmings, O'Leary, Fowler, ILB tomorrow. Everyone good with that?
Tour, I know Clemmings isn't your favorite by any means, but surely he's good value in rounds 4+, right?
-
Actually I liked Clemmings quite a bit. He was my #2 ranked OT behind Peat. Apparently he's being discounted due to injury. I don't think we need another OT at this point, but as a BPA/ value pick, he'll be hard to pass on.
"T.J.Clemmings: Pitt (02-09-15) vs. Duke/Mia/UVA/VaTech - has kick-drop; latches on; can move; good fire and turn; stays with OG; calm, good decisions; comp level? Can he move to Left side?"
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31919&page=1&do=findComment&comment=478058
As for the rest...
- Don't see a TE, but maybe C.J. Uzomah, TE, Auburn in the 6th.
- I've little interest in a FB, and less in Fowler... too slow.
- For ILB I really like KU's Heeney and he could be there in Rnd 5.
-
Thanks. O'Leary thoughts?
Fowler was converted from RB at Bama so I would say he has game speed.
-
A WR!!!!
PLEASE!!!
Tre McBride?
-
Thanks. O'Leary thoughts?
Fowler was converted from RB at Bama so I would say he has game speed.
Thanks. O'Leary thoughts?
Fowler was converted from RB at Bama so I would say he has game speed.
Fowler ran 4.84 at the Combine and his agility times were not good. I just think we can do better. Matt Jones, a RB who was taken tonite, was my choice to convert to a lead back. I thought he be around another couple rounds.
I don't think O'Leary is athletic enough. He's a gamer, and he is Jack's grandson or some such thing, but other than that... I do not see him beating out any of the three TEs we currently have under contract. Same is likely true of my guy, Uzomah, but mine is bigger taller and faster.
Gotta be a Power Forward sitting around somewhere we can UFA as a real project...
-
I'd love to see us take a flier on Waller. We need a red zone threat and I have an affinity for GT WR'S.
Other than that, keep solidifying the D, try to gain some more assets for next year, and pick another OL if only to piss off goulie.
Unless Petty or Hundley keep dropping, I'd be completely fine with us waiting for QB until next year.
-
Kenny Bell
Adrian Amos
Ramik Wilson
-
Tour-We'd have to make Heeney a 4th rounder cause we traded out our 5th.
Crowder, Hardy and Greene are wr's still on the board. Jamison Crowder is the poor man's Tyler Lockett-had a similar role at Duke.
But would one more DE hurt?-I love Trey Flowers Ark.
Collins says he will not sign as a 4-7 so he is out completely as a late round gamble. Sounds too much like smoke/fire anyway.
-
Bold is not cutting it, Ghoulie... maybe a bigger font? Italics?

Good points.
ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.
Where he started at FSU is immaterial. Coaches simply recognized better skill set for the O-line.
No doubt that Cam has improved our O-line depth... whether or not he starts... but that's a competition vs. McDonald and Seymore, not Greco and Schwartz. That's a competition that any first round O-line choice had better be able to win.
The whole "complete line versatility" in one player thing is really getting overblown. First, it's not that rare. Second, it's not that valuable. Good lines with good talent and good depth may shift two other starters to replace one injured starter, and barely skip a beat.
My whole point is I thought I saw more economical ways to get to O-line depth... and I pass rusher...
At most I should only need to vent for another week or so, so bear with me. Then again, maybe I'm better by the end of Day 2...
Do you think he gets past the 2nd round?
Dunno, Ag... but have a feeling that Ameer might... not due to his falling, but others rising.
Both Coleman and Langford seemed to generate a late surge up the boards and are more likely to be full-load backs than Ameer. Add that only two RBs came off in Rnd 1, when some projected more would, and that helps as well.
I just like Ameer's Sproles-like, complementary style for our roster.
Where he started at FSU is immaterial. Coaches simply recognized better skill set for the O-line.
No doubt that Cam has improved our O-line depth... whether or not he starts... but that's a competition vs. McDonald and Seymore, not Greco and Schwartz. That's a competition that any first round O-line choice had better be able to win.
The whole "complete line versatility" in one player thing is really getting overblown. First, it's not that rare. Second, it's not that valuable. Good lines with good talent and good depth may shift two other starters to replace one injured starter, and barely skip a beat.
My whole point is I thought I saw more economical ways to get to O-line depth... and I pass rusher...
At most I should only need to vent for another week or so, so bear with me. Then again, maybe I'm better by the end of Day 2...
You're fine. For all the pre-draft research and goodies you contribute to this place - I think you've earned the right to question if there weren't healthier choices available.
I disagree about the versatility thing getting overblown especially walking in our shoes as a fan base. Aside from that, I've seen instances of quite a few guys that couldn't handle 1 role but could provide reliability in another (which is the opposite of versatility). For example, both Tony Mandarach and Robert Gallery were overwhelmed as OTs before settling in as reliable/good OGs. Greco's first few quarters at Center in a fill in role looked like we found our replacement for Mack that easily. Our next opponent had 1 week to identify and exploit any vulnerabilities; and they did that enough for us to see Greco back at Guard the very next game. I DO realize part of that was our replacement at RG was a train wreck from a guy we hoped offered us some position flexibility. As much as a Joel Bitonio comes in makes a smooth transition from OT to OG - guys like Gilkey, Pinkston and Lauvao failed miserably. I don't care what Daniel Snyder wants to pay Lauvao (after thinking the character of Albert Haynesworth was worth of 100 million $) - his inconsistencies from 1 play to the next here were maddening. While there's plenty of examples of former college tackles settling in well at OG - there's plenty more that never made NFL teams or found Poseiden Adventures like Cleveland. Guys like Oneil Cousins don't stick around because they're versatile - they stick around because there's lines like we had in 2013 or Tampa had in 2014 welcoming experience as the lesser of all evils. Been there - done that - rinsed and repeated from 2011 through 2013. The Steinbachs and Bitonios have been rare enough to appreciate.
All that said, moving from Tackle to Guard seems easier than moving from one of those spots to Center (especially when you add in the role of lines calls on play side and back side and it's communication process). While college is different than the NFL like you said - it's still advantageous to have a guy that's made the transition in terms of what I just mentioned.
I'm going to attach the link of the press conference Farmer and Pettine had about our first round picks. In particular, Pettine isn't talking about Erving competing with Seymore and McDonald. He's talking about him competing with our right side for a starting job, which implies we would have drafted somebody else at a different position if such an expectation was felt. I'm taking that to mean they think he has better upside than what we've been going with. We'll see how immediate and accurate that is real soon.
-
Actually I liked Clemmings quite a bit. He was my #2 ranked OT behind Peat. Apparently he's being discounted due to injury. I don't think we need another OT at this point, but as a BPA/ value pick, he'll be hard to pass on.
"T.J.Clemmings: Pitt (02-09-15) vs. Duke/Mia/UVA/VaTech - has kick-drop; latches on; can move; good fire and turn; stays with OG; calm, good decisions; comp level? Can he move to Left side?"
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31919&page=1&do=findComment&comment=478058
As for the rest...
- Don't see a TE, but maybe C.J. Uzomah, TE, Auburn in the 6th.
- I've little interest in a FB, and less in Fowler... too slow.
- For ILB I really like KU's Heeney and he could be there in Rnd 5.
Most of all though, I want a QB. Petty is still on the board. There's probably a flaw I can't see, but I like him a lot. I can't see standing pat at QB... and resigning Thiggy doesn't count
just saw a live report from berea where the reporter stated the browns will not be drafting a QB and whoever will start at QB will come from someone already in-house.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
