Who's next?
-
So the first round went well. We didn't trade the farm, solidified the lines, and seemingly took care or two of our biggest needs from last year (sans QB.) What do we need now and who do we target?
We can use another pass rusher, a returner, a TE, a WR over 6 ft, and some depth at S, along with any late round projects y'all might have a hard on for.
I'd like to see us pick up Waller from GT and Lockett from K St. to give us at least one red zone threat and an actual KR/PR who just might be able to be a long term slot threat. As far as pass rusher and DB depth go, I'll let you guys make recommendations.
So what should Farmer and Co. do from here on out?
-
Here's my top 10 guys for us in the 2nd... in order
1. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
2. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
3. Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU
4. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, OLB, UCLA
5. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
6. Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
7. Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State
8. Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington
9. Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville
10. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
Ignoring... Randy Gregory, Dorial Green-Beckham, Eric Kendricks, and all OL, DL, and DBs...
-
Here's my top 10 guys for us in the 2nd... in order
1. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
2. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
3. Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU
4. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, OLB, UCLA
5. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
6. Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
7. Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State
8. Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington
9. Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville
10. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
Ignoring... Randy Gregory, Dorial Green-Beckham, Eric Kendricks, and all OL, DL, and DBs...
Here's my top 10 guys for us in the 2nd... in order
1. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
2. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
3. Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU
4. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, OLB, UCLA
5. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
6. Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
7. Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State
8. Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington
9. Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville
10. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
Ignoring... Randy Gregory, Dorial Green-Beckham, Eric Kendricks, and all OL, DL, and DBs...
1,3,4,5 or 10.. Good start Now Finish..
-
VesnaKociper said:
Fucking moronic team. The only franchise in the history of the NFL that tries to win football games without skill players.
Fucking idiots waste yet another draft.
Tell us how you really feel.
-
Ghoolie is pissed, I count that as a ringing endorsement of Farmer and Co.
-
Have a few favs I'd like a shot at Day 2...
Rnd 2 Pick 11 - would entertain trading this one back, unless E. Kendricks (ILB) is available. This was my Marpet pick, but not seeing that so...
E.Kendricks (ILB)/ D.Smith (WR)/ D. Hunter (OLB)/ E.Rowe (CB/S)/ J.Fischer (OT)
Rnd 3 Pick 13 - may have to move this one up, if Petty (QB) was available. Otherwise...
If by some miracle Marpet was still here/ A.Abdullah (RB)/ H.Anderson (DE)/ T.Sambrailo (OT/OG)
VesnaKociper said:
Fucking moronic team. The only franchise in the history of the NFL that tries to win football games without skill players. Fucking idiots waste yet another draft.
Got to hand it to Ghoolie... he is consistent.
-
You still want an OT with Bowie around and the potential of Erving being and to develop there (I realize you don't like him there now)?
-
Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.
I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.
I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.
As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...
-
In no particular order Eli Harold, Nate Orchard, owamamabe obagdizuhula, Eric kendricks. There are a few interesting options still on the board when it comes to receivers: Funchess, Smith, DGB, Strong, Coates all seem to fit into the second round nicely.
-
I'm thinking we'll see either an edge rusher or a receiver here, and I think both are equally important.
-
I'd take Maxx.
Unless we need a linebacker worse in which case O'Leary in 3.
WSS
-
Dorial Green-Beckham would be the most fun in terms of generating major discussions and JG flashbacks.

But if we don't take a wr I will be surprised. Then I would target Lockett in round 3 if we choose anyone other than a wr. He meets too many needs as an all-around ST player and wr.
If a quality ILB is there at 2 however, I'd look there first myself. Keep building this defense to be bulletproof inside out.
-
I thought Stephone Anthony would be a great picknext at ILB, but the stupid Saints took him.My guess is, I'd pick Rowe in the second round. He couldbe a defensive game changer at safety.Then the next three picks could be WR, TE, OLBHell, I don't know. All I have is Shelton - themainstay in my mocks. The Browns have planfor wide reciever.2nd round:Eric Rowe, CB/SJaelen Strong, WRDevin Smith, WREli Harold, OLBHau'Oli Kikaha, OLB3rd roundChris Conley, WRTre McBride, WRWes Saxton, TEClive Walford, TEoh...and.....Bryce Petty?
-
Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.
I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.
I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.
As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...
Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.
I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.
I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.
As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...
Good points.
ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.
-
Just thought of another prospect for 3.19.... A. Abdulla (RB). He'd bring a RB style we do not have on our roster. And he returned kicks at Nebraska.
-
Today's agenda:
#43 - Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
#77 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
#91-#96 - (via trade) - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State
Is that wishful thinking?
-
I wonder if we'll see a run on WRs at the start of this round. Jalen Strong, if still around, would be a nice pick
-
Anyone wanting Eli Harold needs to understand you'd be taking a player that has a slim chance of contributing his rookie year and had a player across from him at Virginia that has the potential to be just as good - but taken in later rounds.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login