Skip to content

Would you take Dorial Green-Beckham in the 2nd round?

The Browns Board
34 21 1.3k
  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Denver or Seattle will draft him because half the risk is legal there.

  • In the 3rd? Still a no here...

    Maybe Day 3...

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    In the 3rd? Still a no here...

    Maybe Day 3...

    I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

    If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Denver or Seattle will draft him because half the risk is legal there.

    Not in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's legal in the state.

  • S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I would most definitely take him in the third round.

    But I'm also the guy who's down to take a chance on Randy Gregory in the 2nd round.

  • B beare wrote on last edited by
    #28

    rumor is tenn wants him in 2nd rd

  • @tour2ma said:

    In the 3rd? Still a no here...

    Maybe Day 3...

    I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

    If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Denver or Seattle will draft him because half the risk is legal there.

    Not in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's legal in the state.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

    If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

    All true, but what gives me the additional pause is a work ethic question.

    Would he ever "Play like a Brown"? Full effort, every play for an entire game? Or would he be an "I play when I wanna play" kinda guy?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

    If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

    All true, but what gives me the additional pause is a work ethic question.

    Would he ever "Play like a Brown"? Full effort, every play for an entire game? Or would he be an "I play when I wanna play" kinda guy?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tour2ma said:

    All true, but what gives me the additional pause is a work ethic question.

    Would he ever "Play like a Brown"? Full effort, every play for an entire game? Or would he be an "I play when I wanna play" kinda guy?

    95% the latter - 5% the former.

  • @tour2ma said:

    In the 3rd? Still a no here...

    Maybe Day 3...

    I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

    If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Denver or Seattle will draft him because half the risk is legal there.

    Not in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's legal in the state.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

    If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

    Not in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's legal in the state.

    They dont have to worry about him getting busted for possession.
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

    If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

    Not in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's legal in the state.

    They dont have to worry about him getting busted for possession.
    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #32

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    They dont have to worry about him getting busted for possession.

    True story.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #33

    FUUUUCKK

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #34

    We told ya. Was not even remotely a fit for the Browns.

    Now you can sing the "I'm so sorry" song.