Skip to content

Welcome Danny Shelton & "Feast Mode"

The Browns Board
49 21 2.4k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    That pic of him sitting made me think.... "Buddha".

    I'll be happy if he just doesn't get heavier.

    Get a nutritionist with him... keep him flexible... turn him loose....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Just look at a couple of the vids and what struck me beyond the power he brings is how good (and quick) his play recognition is.

    Also takes very good angles.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Keep him fat dumb and happy as long as he performs.

    LOL! Diehard, it's as simple as "Sic em!"

    It was still refreshing to learn Shelton was an Academic All American as we evolve/progress from counting on hollow domes like Josh Gordon around here.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #17

    @flugel said:

    It was still refreshing to learn Shelton was an Academic All American as we evolve/progress from counting on hollow domes like Josh Gordon around here.

    Consistent with our current "Change the culture" & "Play like a Brown" philosophies.

    I LOVE what's happening with the Browns.

    I have Thomas & Haden Jerseys. I may just have to get a Shelton...That's how sure I am that this kid will be a stud for us.

    Mike

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    With his acquisition could the Browns end up doing more 4-3 than 3-4?

    Taylor and Shelton in the middle. Starks and Bryant at DEs.....or put Mingo or Armonty Bryant there. Backups, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen.

    But need a name....ala Fearsome Foursome.

  • With his acquisition could the Browns end up doing more 4-3 than 3-4?

    Taylor and Shelton in the middle. Starks and Bryant at DEs.....or put Mingo or Armonty Bryant there. Backups, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen.

    But need a name....ala Fearsome Foursome.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @the-gipper said:

    With his acquisition could the Browns end up doing more 4-3 than 3-4?

    Taylor and Shelton in the middle. Starks and Bryant at DEs.....or put Mingo or Armonty Bryant there. Backups, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen.

    But need a name....ala Fearsome Foursome.

    Feast mode. For all of them.

  • With his acquisition could the Browns end up doing more 4-3 than 3-4?

    Taylor and Shelton in the middle. Starks and Bryant at DEs.....or put Mingo or Armonty Bryant there. Backups, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen.

    But need a name....ala Fearsome Foursome.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    With his acquisition could the Browns end up doing more 4-3 than 3-4?

    Taylor and Shelton in the middle. Starks and Bryant at DEs.....or put Mingo or Armonty Bryant there. Backups, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen.

    But need a name....ala Fearsome Foursome.

    Again, hung up on titles. This defense will show multiple fronts based on down, distance and opponent.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Wolfpack

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Shelton just HAD to be a Cleveland Brown !

    Not just a big, dumb jock.......

  • EZ Po, don't whammy him with your man-love-jinxability........ We need him to work out! πŸ˜‰

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @d-bone said:

    EZ Po, don't whammy him with your man-love-jinxability........ We need him to work out! πŸ˜‰

    OMG no!

    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #24

    The Hawg Pound

  • The Hawg Pound

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The Hawg Pound

    LMFAO!

  • The Hawg Pound

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The Hawg Pound

    Too Washington... even with the proper spelling...

  • L larryfine wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @poeticg said:

    😁

    Who is that? Budda? πŸ˜†

  • @flugel said:

    It was still refreshing to learn Shelton was an Academic All American as we evolve/progress from counting on hollow domes like Josh Gordon around here.

    Consistent with our current "Change the culture" & "Play like a Brown" philosophies.

    I LOVE what's happening with the Browns.

    I have Thomas & Haden Jerseys. I may just have to get a Shelton...That's how sure I am that this kid will be a stud for us.

    Mike

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #28

    @canton-mike said:

    Consistent with our current "Change the culture" & "Play like a Brown" philosophies.

    I LOVE what's happening with the Browns.

    I have Thomas & Haden Jerseys. I may just have to get a Shelton...That's how sure I am that this kid will be a stud for us.

    Mike

    Well said Mike!

    For those worried about his weight today and moving forward - the pre-draft strength and conditioning had his weight down as far 339 from previous weigh-ins of 355. I'll stop short of saying celebration of his 12th overall status at an all you can eat buffet may threaten that at least temporarily.

    There's some clever contract incentives that can make him richer man if he maintains an optimal playing weight. I'm confident our NFL strength and conditioning program and this guy's work ethic will work well in tandem. A lot of the guys that head these programs up have PhDs in Ex Phys so they're not roided up meatheads. Outside of the workouts, they do a great job of assisting players with nutritional needs. I had an invaluable experience volunteering 2 morning a week to Tampa Bay's offseason strength and Conditioning program in 1997-98 BC (Before Cellphones).

    Guys that show up to these offseason progam completely out of shape like Phil Taylor can blow out a pec in the very first week of the program. Work ethic isn't something you can flip on and off like a light switch or one will be far too happy sucking oxygen after every 2 plays for the rest of his career. It's strange typing this but hopefully a rookie like Danny Shelton can teach a veteran like Phil Taylor how to prepare himself for an ability to play EVERY down. Being a warrior starts in the inner-chest in my opinion. My favorite part of football is that that there's always going to be work ethic guys like a Wayne Chrebet WINNING over fan-bases from the Me-Shawn Johnsons showing up feeling entitled. The reason this happens is because they've prepared themselves forever for the opportunity to be the go-to guy with a drive/game on the line on 3rd downs. The difference I see between Shelton and Taylor is one guy needs oxygen on 3rd downs while the other wants to be the guy his teams counts on him to be. I'm ecstatic Farmer and staff identified exactly what was missing on the apex of our defense.

  • Shelton just HAD to be a Cleveland Brown !

    Not just a big, dumb jock.......

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @calfoxwc said:

    Shelton just HAD to be a Cleveland Brown !

    Not just a big, dumb jock.......

    Cal, I really enjoyed that video man. I liked what he said about the opportunity 4 minutes into the video.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #30

    There are four of those Grit interviews with Shelton. They are pretty good.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Amazing guy - here are four - he talks about losing his brother, domestic

    violence....being big...

    really inspiring - I think he is going to be a big factor in the Browns lockerroom being lit up this coming

    season:

  • @the-gipper said:

    With his acquisition could the Browns end up doing more 4-3 than 3-4?

    Taylor and Shelton in the middle. Starks and Bryant at DEs.....or put Mingo or Armonty Bryant there. Backups, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen.

    But need a name....ala Fearsome Foursome.

    Feast mode. For all of them.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Feast mode. For all of them.

    Too derivative for a good nickname.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Feels like we are going to see a lot of this for years to come...

    With a ten-yard penalty in the bank... anything else is gravy.

    temp050815-RMC-04--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jp

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #34

    ...... and lord knows he loves gravy.