Welcome Danny Shelton & "Feast Mode"
-
The Hawg Pound
The Hawg Pound
LMFAO!
-
The Hawg Pound
The Hawg Pound
Too Washington... even with the proper spelling...
-
-
It was still refreshing to learn Shelton was an Academic All American as we evolve/progress from counting on hollow domes like Josh Gordon around here.
Consistent with our current "Change the culture" & "Play like a Brown" philosophies.
I LOVE what's happening with the Browns.
I have Thomas & Haden Jerseys. I may just have to get a Shelton...That's how sure I am that this kid will be a stud for us.
Mike
Consistent with our current "Change the culture" & "Play like a Brown" philosophies.
I LOVE what's happening with the Browns.
I have Thomas & Haden Jerseys. I may just have to get a Shelton...That's how sure I am that this kid will be a stud for us.
Mike
Well said Mike!
For those worried about his weight today and moving forward - the pre-draft strength and conditioning had his weight down as far 339 from previous weigh-ins of 355. I'll stop short of saying celebration of his 12th overall status at an all you can eat buffet may threaten that at least temporarily.
There's some clever contract incentives that can make him richer man if he maintains an optimal playing weight. I'm confident our NFL strength and conditioning program and this guy's work ethic will work well in tandem. A lot of the guys that head these programs up have PhDs in Ex Phys so they're not roided up meatheads. Outside of the workouts, they do a great job of assisting players with nutritional needs. I had an invaluable experience volunteering 2 morning a week to Tampa Bay's offseason strength and Conditioning program in 1997-98 BC (Before Cellphones).
Guys that show up to these offseason progam completely out of shape like Phil Taylor can blow out a pec in the very first week of the program. Work ethic isn't something you can flip on and off like a light switch or one will be far too happy sucking oxygen after every 2 plays for the rest of his career. It's strange typing this but hopefully a rookie like Danny Shelton can teach a veteran like Phil Taylor how to prepare himself for an ability to play EVERY down. Being a warrior starts in the inner-chest in my opinion. My favorite part of football is that that there's always going to be work ethic guys like a Wayne Chrebet WINNING over fan-bases from the Me-Shawn Johnsons showing up feeling entitled. The reason this happens is because they've prepared themselves forever for the opportunity to be the go-to guy with a drive/game on the line on 3rd downs. The difference I see between Shelton and Taylor is one guy needs oxygen on 3rd downs while the other wants to be the guy his teams counts on him to be. I'm ecstatic Farmer and staff identified exactly what was missing on the apex of our defense.
-
-
There are four of those Grit interviews with Shelton. They are pretty good.
-
Amazing guy - here are four - he talks about losing his brother, domestic
violence....being big...
really inspiring - I think he is going to be a big factor in the Browns lockerroom being lit up this coming
season:
-
With his acquisition could the Browns end up doing more 4-3 than 3-4?
Taylor and Shelton in the middle. Starks and Bryant at DEs.....or put Mingo or Armonty Bryant there. Backups, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen.
But need a name....ala Fearsome Foursome.
Feast mode. For all of them.
Feast mode. For all of them.
Too derivative for a good nickname.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
With his acquisition could the Browns end up doing more 4-3 than 3-4?
Taylor and Shelton in the middle. Starks and Bryant at DEs.....or put Mingo or Armonty Bryant there. Backups, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen.
But need a name....ala Fearsome Foursome.
Again, hung up on titles. This defense will show multiple fronts based on down, distance and opponent.
-
Looks like he has plenty of padding around the gut already.....
He may not be ready to wear half shirts yet; but that guy got all the way down to 339 pounds preparing for the predraft workouts. He weighed about 355 lbs on a lot of those videos he was tackling guys with much better footspeed than his. The reality that he was pretty damn good on 3rd downs - reminds us you don't judge a book by it's cover especially when he sported good enough endurance to never leave the field of play.
Tour had a good point that he takes great angles. The piggybacks I can offer that is a well prepared and instinctive football player begins every play with unparalleled vision. And when he lines up every play closest to where the snap is - he's usually first to see which way the QB opens at the snap. Last but not least, this guy that plays every single down - never quits on a play to the extent where he tackles RBs cutting back or QBs trying to scramble inside of text book containment at the dept of QB dropback. Oh yeah, we want us some of that!
-
Ok coach. Ready ? BREAK !
I can't tell if you're attempting to make a joke or......?
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


