Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Strangest Music I Ever Heard and Witnessed

Strangest Music I Ever Heard and Witnessed

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
1 Posts 1 Posters 342 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Chicopee John C
    • 2k Posts
    • 104 Reputation
    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by Chicopee John
    #1

    A few years ago, I saw some Tuvan Throat Singers at the Lowell (MA) Folk Festival - a fantastic weekend of Folk, Roots, Ethnic, etc. music (much broader than Folk)

    I still marvel at how these guys do this, although I must say, I was more astounded by the harmonics than I liked the music.

    As a side note, the blind, black guy from SF who wrote "Jet Airliner" that was made a hit by Steve Miller, has been honored in the Republic of Tuva as a celebrated Throat Singer. There is a very good documentary about this story, if you ever have a taste for learning more.

    Any way, for anybody who likes, plays and / or sings music, try this on for size. The second, in particular, delves into the harmonics, etc. and is narrated by Bela Fleck

    "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply

    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

    Register Login
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes


    Theme
    • System
    • Light
    • Dark
    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

    • First post
      Last post
    0
    • Forums
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Donate