Skip to content

Why are people mad? MikTox called it.

The Browns Board
24 19 1.3k
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Seriously though, apart from Ghoolie, I haven't seen anyone complaining?

  • Seriously though, apart from Ghoolie, I haven't seen anyone complaining?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @gftchris said:

    Seriously though, apart from Ghoolie, I haven't seen anyone complaining?

    Neither have I. Everyone seems happy

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #7

    No doubt, not mad here....the team just got better and 2 needs were addressed with 2 picks....so far so good.....

  • This was a great first round in my mind.

    We got a violent DT and an absolute mauler at C/OG

    This is a good thing, anyone complaining needs their head examined

    Plenty of WR/OLB talent left, just calm down folks

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @walterwhite said:

    This was a great first round in my mind.

    We got a violent DT and an absolute mauler at C/OG

    This is a good thing, anyone complaining needs their head examined

    Plenty of WR/OLB talent left, just calm down folks

    Eggs-actly! There's 6 rounds left with 8 picks to go. It's okay to exhale folks...

    The last time I got my head examined the doctor said "we didn't find anything." I didn't have the guts to ask if that was good news or bad news. I'm not a Steeler fan; so there's at least 2 brain cells on speaking terms in my dome.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #9

    Well if Walter's not mad...

    I have a feeling we got a little trapped at 19 just as New23 was in our mock. Problem is when we mocked 23 did not have an emergency exit named Shane Ray available. I do not think our phone was ringing off of the hook, but suspect Denver may have felt us out on Ray.

    That said, I am not "mad". Just a little disappointed.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    You know what Vince Lombardi said: "Its all about blocking and tackling". Well it seems possible that the Browns got a supreme tackler and a supreme blocker. And THAT is football.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Danny Shelton - I love his hunger his explosiveness and his attitude ....... perfect fit for us ....cannot wait to see him destroy O Lines..... having him there is sure to improve Mingo

    Cam Erving - Again love the pick ...flexibility and depth .......has very quick feet, upper body strength and a great work ethic and is a day one starter IMO

    A grade for both picks so far ........

    Well done Farmer and staff so far

    Rest of draft ........ would love a WR as we do need to get younger at position even tho our 2015/16 WR core was upgraded from previous season, Smith, Lockett DGB or Strong would be nice.......need a TE if Williams goes before we pick we have options .....Huerman, Pruitt, Funchess, Kroft ...... we could even trade for Martellus Bennett ....... ILB ....any of Ben Heeney, Dawson, Kendricks, McKinney or Perriman would be an option .....DE Frank Clarke might be an option or Nate Orchard .......if we feel a pass rusher is a must

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I would love to get TE Heuerman from the OSU with

    One of our 4th founders!!!!!

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
    #13

    i'm not mad. I would have taken a shot at Ray though. Him, Mingo, Bryant and Kruger would have been the best OLB'ing corp in the league. We would have had two mauling Jack's in Kruger and Bryant for teams that were super run heavy...and then Ray and Mingo for teams that tried to take us in the air. And Ray isn't the run stopping liability that Mingo is...Ray still makes a respectable Jack. We would have had all the matchups covered with depth is what I'm saying. I think we could have gotten a stud OL still in the 2nd. Perhaps even the guy we took at 19

  • Who's mad? I see someone who's going to help our run D and someone who's gonna make sure our OL doesn't fall off a cliff at the first injury - two of our biggest failings last year.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #14

    @gftchris said:

    Who's mad? I see someone who's going to help our run D and someone who's gonna make sure our OL doesn't fall off a cliff at the first injury - two of our biggest failings last year.

    Exactalutly!!

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I love our 1st round & my head is a little fatter today as I called 'em both.

    Shelton will not only help the run D, he'll free up our pass rush as well. I had a draft party in my ManCave & was PRAYING when the Bears were up. I was scared to death they would take him & I consider him the absolute KEY to our draft & our D. My Priest was one of the guests, so we had divine guidance! Didn't hurt that I had his favorite beer, shredded beef sammies, & sausage/cheese dip either. 😉

    Mike

  • I love our 1st round & my head is a little fatter today as I called 'em both.

    Shelton will not only help the run D, he'll free up our pass rush as well. I had a draft party in my ManCave & was PRAYING when the Bears were up. I was scared to death they would take him & I consider him the absolute KEY to our draft & our D. My Priest was one of the guests, so we had divine guidance! Didn't hurt that I had his favorite beer, shredded beef sammies, & sausage/cheese dip either. 😉

    Mike

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @canton-mike said:

    I love our 1st round & my head is a little fatter today as I called 'em both.

    Shelton will not only help the run D, he'll free up our pass rush as well. I had a draft party in my ManCave & was PRAYING when the Bears were up. I was scared to death they would take him & I consider him the absolute KEY to our draft & our D. My Priest was one of the guests, so we had divine guidance!

    LOL... must have put a dent in the "Fuck Yeah" celebration at #12...

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I was so happy with Shelton and Erving! It proves that Farmer is really taking charge of the trenches.

    As for wide receivers Cooper, White and Parker were gone before our first pick. There is no need to reach and Farmer did the right thing by getting the best players. There are still good wide outs on the board. If you remember, Martavis Bryant was taken in the fourth, I believe.

    I am definitely on board with Farmer and Pettine. I was Farmer's biggest skeptic until last night. The Browns are on their way!

  • You know what Vince Lombardi said: "Its all about blocking and tackling". Well it seems possible that the Browns got a supreme tackler and a supreme blocker. And THAT is football.

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    You know what Vince Lombardi said: "Its all about blocking and tackling". Well it seems possible that the Browns got a supreme tackler and a supreme blocker. And THAT is football.

    YES!

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #19

    i sure as heck didn't call it. i just wanted shelton come hell or high water.

    prob would have taken a chance with ray at 19 (even though i chastised the hell out of him about the weed thing). guess the browns (owner, GM and HC) have decided not to go near any questionable character guys.

    i hoped the browns would address OL, especially C, just did it a little earlier than i expected. BUT i'm not the GM or a scout and the browns must have had C way up on their board and erving was rated #1 so.......

    #1 rated NT. #1 rated C.

    bravo farmer!!

  • Danny Shelton - I love his hunger his explosiveness and his attitude ....... perfect fit for us ....cannot wait to see him destroy O Lines..... having him there is sure to improve Mingo

    Cam Erving - Again love the pick ...flexibility and depth .......has very quick feet, upper body strength and a great work ethic and is a day one starter IMO

    A grade for both picks so far ........

    Well done Farmer and staff so far

    Rest of draft ........ would love a WR as we do need to get younger at position even tho our 2015/16 WR core was upgraded from previous season, Smith, Lockett DGB or Strong would be nice.......need a TE if Williams goes before we pick we have options .....Huerman, Pruitt, Funchess, Kroft ...... we could even trade for Martellus Bennett ....... ILB ....any of Ben Heeney, Dawson, Kendricks, McKinney or Perriman would be an option .....DE Frank Clarke might be an option or Nate Orchard .......if we feel a pass rusher is a must

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @darren15 said:

    Danny Shelton - I love his hunger his explosiveness and his attitude ....... perfect fit for us ....cannot wait to see him destroy O Lines..... having him there is sure to improve Mingo

    Cam Erving - Again love the pick ...flexibility and depth .......has very quick feet, upper body strength and a great work ethic and is a day one starter IMO

    A grade for both picks so far ........

    Well done Farmer and staff so far.

    Agreed- Shelton is an academic All-American too, so the kid is extremely smart.

    It will be interesting where Irving winds up- they didn't draft him in the first round to sit. He's also a big time insurance policy in case any of the other o-line should happen to get hurt. Our run game went in the toilet when Mack went out. Found out the hard way street FA linemen aren't good enough to get the job done.

    & it could be Farmer is thinking long term here- Joe Thomas isn't getting any younger.

  • Danny Shelton - I love his hunger his explosiveness and his attitude ....... perfect fit for us ....cannot wait to see him destroy O Lines..... having him there is sure to improve Mingo

    Cam Erving - Again love the pick ...flexibility and depth .......has very quick feet, upper body strength and a great work ethic and is a day one starter IMO

    A grade for both picks so far ........

    Well done Farmer and staff so far

    Rest of draft ........ would love a WR as we do need to get younger at position even tho our 2015/16 WR core was upgraded from previous season, Smith, Lockett DGB or Strong would be nice.......need a TE if Williams goes before we pick we have options .....Huerman, Pruitt, Funchess, Kroft ...... we could even trade for Martellus Bennett ....... ILB ....any of Ben Heeney, Dawson, Kendricks, McKinney or Perriman would be an option .....DE Frank Clarke might be an option or Nate Orchard .......if we feel a pass rusher is a must

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #21

    @darren15 said:

    Danny Shelton - I love his hunger his explosiveness and his attitude .......

    just not his hair.

    who knows? maybe it's a samson thing (or samoan), in which case let it grow, let it grow.

    you know how we ragged on polyamolu for years. you know we got it coming back in spades don't you?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #22

    No, Shelton isn't a cheapshotting bum. The long hair was just a jab at a steeler cheapshot squid

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #23

    So who's mad? How many people on this board said OL/DL with first two? I know I did. No surprises, no 'splashes'. Great first round

  • @darren15 said:

    Danny Shelton - I love his hunger his explosiveness and his attitude ....... perfect fit for us ....cannot wait to see him destroy O Lines..... having him there is sure to improve Mingo

    Cam Erving - Again love the pick ...flexibility and depth .......has very quick feet, upper body strength and a great work ethic and is a day one starter IMO

    A grade for both picks so far ........

    Well done Farmer and staff so far.

    Agreed- Shelton is an academic All-American too, so the kid is extremely smart.

    It will be interesting where Irving winds up- they didn't draft him in the first round to sit. He's also a big time insurance policy in case any of the other o-line should happen to get hurt. Our run game went in the toilet when Mack went out. Found out the hard way street FA linemen aren't good enough to get the job done.

    & it could be Farmer is thinking long term here- Joe Thomas isn't getting any younger.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @hoorta said:

    Agreed- Shelton is an academic All-American too, so the kid is extremely smart.

    They asked him about that in an interview last night and he indicated that one of the primary ways he intended to help this D was by spending a lot of time in the film room studying his opponents and translating what he learns to each game individually.