Skip to content

Cardale Jones Is Better Than Jameis Winston

The Browns Board
44 17 1.7k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't know, man. That snow crab picture was pretty damn good.

    HE took it down this morning. Glad to see he's matured since being drafted.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @cdl15 said:

    HE took it down this morning. Glad to see he's matured since being drafted.

    Huh? If he had matured he never would have put it up there.

  • @cdl15 said:

    HE took it down this morning. Glad to see he's matured since being drafted.

    Huh? If he had matured he never would have put it up there.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @texasag1969 said:

    Huh? If he had matured he never would have put it up there.

    it was sarcasm AG.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #10

    ... or disarming.

    Someone using something to bash you? Take it away from them...

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Heck I liked the crab leg picture, it helped to de fuse that situation. I just don't want him.

    WSS

  • MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by MasterDog
    #12

    I'll take Jones over Mr Crabbie anyday.

  • ... or disarming.

    Someone using something to bash you? Take it away from them...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #13

    @tour2ma said:

    ... or disarming.

    Someone using something to bash you? Take it away from them...

    I just got that.

    😁

    Dis-arm

    WSS

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Huh? If he had matured he never would have put it up there.

    it was sarcasm AG.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @miktoxic said:

    it was sarcasm AG.

    Slow on the uptake. 😳

  • @tour2ma said:

    ... or disarming.

    Someone using something to bash you? Take it away from them...

    I just got that.

    😁

    Dis-arm

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @westside-steve said:

    I just got that.

    😁

    Dis-arm

    Dis-arm. Dat-arm. Whatever it takes....

  • ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #16

    In my honest opinion, unless Cardale shits the bed this season, I would take him over Winston.....

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Maybe because he doesn't have the same off the field issues, sure. But on the field, not a shot (and I like Cardale).

  • Maybe because he doesn't have the same off the field issues, sure. But on the field, not a shot (and I like Cardale).

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @wargograw said:

    Maybe because he doesn't have the same off the field issues, sure. But on the field, not a shot (and I like Cardale).

    I don't know. I may take 3-game Cardale over 3-game Winston.

    Cardale had a lot that I liked and a good amount that was questionable. I'm hoping the questionable bits iron out with experience.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Ehh. Jameis doesn't get enough credit as a player because of the interceptions and (moreso) the fact that people hate him. The film they showed of him when he was drafted was absolutely filthy.

  • Ehh. Jameis doesn't get enough credit as a player because of the interceptions and (moreso) the fact that people hate him. The film they showed of him when he was drafted was absolutely filthy.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @wargograw said:

    Ehh. Jameis doesn't get enough credit as a player because of the interceptions and (moreso) the fact that people hate him. The film they showed of him when he was drafted was absolutely filthy.

    I agree. I think he's fantastic. Every single throw they showed was an NFL caliber throw. Every single one.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Should be... they showed a AKA a highlight package. But interceptions tend to discount a QB, and rightly so.

    Cardale is TBD, but he had one helluva an intro.

  • @wargograw said:

    Ehh. Jameis doesn't get enough credit as a player because of the interceptions and (moreso) the fact that people hate him. The film they showed of him when he was drafted was absolutely filthy.

    I agree. I think he's fantastic. Every single throw they showed was an NFL caliber throw. Every single one.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I agree. I think he's fantastic. Every single throw they showed was an NFL caliber throw. Every single one.

    Well, lets say that ...to me anyway that if you take the drafts of this decade: 2010-2015 Winston is probably the second best prospect at QB after only Andrew Luck. He is about on par with Cam Newton....maybe a little ahead.

    Fair to say?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Much better thrower than Newton. Just as good a competitor. Not as good a runner.

  • Much better thrower than Newton. Just as good a competitor. Not as good a runner.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @wargograw said:

    Much better thrower than Newton. Just as good a competitor. Not as good a runner.

    My exact feelings.

    Jameis works up the pocket, Cam works out. Equal arm strength. Both strong competitors with large frames. Jameis with no off-field issues is the closest thing to Andrew Luck we have seen.

  • Should be... they showed a AKA a highlight package. But interceptions tend to discount a QB, and rightly so.

    Cardale is TBD, but he had one helluva an intro.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    Should be... they showed a AKA a highlight package. But interceptions tend to discount a QB, and rightly so.

    Cardale is TBD, but he had one helluva an intro.

    To be fair, a pretty good amount of the INT's Jameis threw were because his guys weren't in the right place, didn't make an NFL level play, etc. A good portion of the skill players other than Greene were freshmen last year on the FSU team. I think the guy will excel in the NFL as long as his personal life doesn't haunt him.

  • MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by MasterDog
    #26

    Winston have one of the slowest throwing motion coming out i've seen in recent years. You just can't change throwing motion this late in the process. You can teach footwork, where you hold the ball, balance and follow-thru but not the motion. When you look at every aspect of his game, he's no where near Andrew Luck. I know most disagree but Mariota is as close to Andrew Luck as they come. He's going to win ROY.

  • Winston have one of the slowest throwing motion coming out i've seen in recent years. You just can't change throwing motion this late in the process. You can teach footwork, where you hold the ball, balance and follow-thru but not the motion. When you look at every aspect of his game, he's no where near Andrew Luck. I know most disagree but Mariota is as close to Andrew Luck as they come. He's going to win ROY.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @masterdog said:

    Winston have one of the slowest throwing motion coming out i've seen in recent years. You just can't change throwing motion this late in the process. You can teach footwork, where you hold the ball, balance and follow-thru but not the motion. When you look at every aspect of his game, he's no where near Andrew Luck. I know most disagree but Mariota is as close to Andrew Luck as they come. He's going to win ROY.

    Nope.....The DUKE is going to be ROY>.....