Skip to content

If McCown Starts week 1 Im not watching the Browns

The Browns Board
35 25 1.8k
  • @miktoxic said:

    better start penciling in the ice capades or bowling then, cuz unless manziel does a miraculous turn around, mccown will be starting for the browns.

    you joke but by midseason that might be exactly what we're all doing if there's no other NFL game running concurrently. I might be loving me some swan lake on ice rather than a parade of pick 6's and watching our promising defense play almost entire games. Epidurals for the whole defense by week 8 is my bet.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #21

    @clevfan4life said:

    you joke but by midseason that might be exactly what we're all doing if there's no other NFL game running concurrently. I might be loving me some swan lake on ice rather than a parade of pick 6's and watching our promising defense play almost entire games. Epidurals for the whole defense by week 8 is my bet.

    My belief is that this D will be on the field for fewer plays & hand far better field position to the offense.

    Why not try keeping an open, positive mindset rather than searching for negatives. Negativity NEVER leads to positive growth.

    Mike

  • @soju said:

    It's like starting the season gunning for tanking hard. Who would pay over $200 bucks for the NFL pass (I live outside the states right now) to watch Josh freaking McCown?

    It better be Johnny.

    Why is everyone hating on McCown so much. He had a horrible offensive line and teams were getting through it plenty and often. I really hope its not Johnny, dont care how much he has improved. We need a QB that has time to throw the ball and can see over the Oline. He should have much more time to throw with our Oline. I hope we draft another QB later in this draft, but my hope is he will sit and learn from McCown and perhaps Johnny.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @dawg2fan said:

    Why is everyone hating on McCown so much.

    Yup... when he had a run game in Chicago... and he's going to have one here.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I think JFF will start.

    Regular season game 1? I'll take some of that...

    @gftchris said:

    "Should have started McCown, Manziel was clearly not ready. If he starts another game I'm not watching"

    lol.... I love British humour...

  • @gftchris said:

    Every year. Just quit whining about it and stop watching then.

    Quit being a faggot.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @soju said:

    Quit being a faggot.

    That's the pot calling the kettle a faggot.

  • It's like starting the season gunning for tanking hard. Who would pay over $200 bucks for the NFL pass (I live outside the states right now) to watch Josh freaking McCown?

    It better be Johnny.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @soju said:

    It's like starting the season gunning for tanking hard. Who would pay over $200 bucks for the NFL pass (I live outside the states right now) to watch Josh freaking McCown?

    It better be Johnny.

    No need for you to watch anything you don't want to chuckles.

    Door, Ass, you know the drill.

    πŸ™‚

    WSS

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by OldBrownsFan
    #25

    The Browns are going to have a lot of talent going into this season. Pettine is focused on having the Browns being one of the elite defenses in the league and I think he will do it. Shelton is exactly what the defense needed up front. They just added more depth to a great offensive line with Erving.

    There were some factors in McCown doing badly last season with Tampa such as losing their offensive coordinator due to health problems right as the season started and lack of talent with the Buccs. McCown took a beating as quarterback with Tampa but he will now have one of the best offensive lines in the league with the Browns. The numbers the year before with McCown were much different when he was with the Bears. McCown ended the 2013 season completing 66.8 of his passes for 1,829 yards with 13 touchdowns, one interception and a 109.0 passer rating, the third highest behind Peyton Manning and Nick Foles the best in Bears history. The Browns needed insurance in case Manziel does not work out and they did well getting McCown to fill the role of mentoring Manziel as well as being ready to start if need be. Pettine is going to play the quarterback that gives the Browns the best chance to win and if he chooses McCown over Manziel I will support that decision.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #26

    EggsACTLY !

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I live in Tampa so I will have to buy a sports package to watch. But I love defense and think the Browns are going to pound the ball no matter who is quarterback.

    I don't expect much from the offense with Bowe and Hartline but the running game might just be awesome.

  • @dawg2fan said:

    Why is everyone hating on McCown so much.

    Yup... when he had a run game in Chicago... and he's going to have one here.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I think JFF will start.

    Regular season game 1? I'll take some of that...

    @gftchris said:

    "Should have started McCown, Manziel was clearly not ready. If he starts another game I'm not watching"

    lol.... I love British humour...

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... when he had a run game in Chicago... and he's going to have one here.

    Regular season game 1? I'll take some of that...

    lol.... I love British humour...

    2013 Bears Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall -

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    McCown won't do any worse than Hoyer... I'd like to see what Johnny can do though...

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #30

    McCown will be just fine if you don't ask him to do to much.. He won't win the division for you, but he's the Brown's best option. I grew up a Browns fan, relocated in the early 70s and became a Bucs fan at their inception. So, I've seen plenty of bad QBs πŸ™ McCown last yr was amongst the worst I've seen.. The easy way out is to blame the Bucs Oline and that does have some merit to it. But at some point in time in every play you have to know what your O line is and have a clock in your head that says "GET RID OF THE FUCKING BALL"!!!! McCown, from what I watched last yr does not seem to possess such a clock in his head. Too many times he thought he was "The Rapist"(allegedly) and tried to extend plays.. This usually resulted in some very Dilferesque fuckups that led to 6 points, the wrong way... πŸ™

    He had a front court to throw to in VJ 6'5, Evans 6'5 and ASJ 6'7 but never seemed to figure it out.

    I like McCown, I really do.. Good locker room guy.. He will be just fine if not asked to win games for the Browns but he's not the answer.. Unfortunately neither is JFB πŸ™

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by RoyceRolls
    #31

    Id rather watch McCown than see Brandon Weeden try to wedge the ball in the DTs face mask every play.

  • AxeA Axe

    McCown will be just fine if you don't ask him to do to much.. He won't win the division for you, but he's the Brown's best option. I grew up a Browns fan, relocated in the early 70s and became a Bucs fan at their inception. So, I've seen plenty of bad QBs πŸ™ McCown last yr was amongst the worst I've seen.. The easy way out is to blame the Bucs Oline and that does have some merit to it. But at some point in time in every play you have to know what your O line is and have a clock in your head that says "GET RID OF THE FUCKING BALL"!!!! McCown, from what I watched last yr does not seem to possess such a clock in his head. Too many times he thought he was "The Rapist"(allegedly) and tried to extend plays.. This usually resulted in some very Dilferesque fuckups that led to 6 points, the wrong way... πŸ™

    He had a front court to throw to in VJ 6'5, Evans 6'5 and ASJ 6'7 but never seemed to figure it out.

    I like McCown, I really do.. Good locker room guy.. He will be just fine if not asked to win games for the Browns but he's not the answer.. Unfortunately neither is JFB πŸ™

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @axe said:

    I like McCown, I really do.. Good locker room guy.. He will be just fine if not asked to win games for the Browns but he's not the answer...

    Neither he nor any QB on our roster will be asked to win games for us. They will be asked to not lose them.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #33

    We had a great draft. Shut up

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Defense and run game will make any an look good

  • We had a great draft. Shut up

    5150k95 5150k9 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @lbc-mike said:

    We had a great draft. Shut up

    ^1