Shelton and Irving - ready to play anywhere, all the time, with POSITIVE ENERGY
-
Serioulsy, you have to love these two picks.
- Pat McManamon, ESPN Cleveland Browns reporter
BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns' newest draft picks vow they will play anywhere, and play all the time.
Danny Shelton and Cam Erving showed a refreshing lack of entitlement and a promising blend of confidence and humility as they met the Browns media group for the first time.
Defensive tackle Danny Shelton directly addressed the notion that he’s not an every-down player.
"I’ll play two down, three-down, four-down, five-down," he said.
He continued.
"I’m going to be that guy who breaks stereotypes, negativity," he said. "I’m going to bring the positive energy."
Offensive lineman Cameron Erving shrugged when asked what position on the line he prefers since he can play so many.
"Offensive line,” he said. "People say it’s a politically correct, but that’s my honest answer. I just love playing ball."
Right guys. Right spots. Right attitudes.
Shelton even brought a few laughs when asked about the his "slow" 40 time at the combine, which prompted him to asses the importance of the 40 time.
"I think it’s super important ... if you’re a track star," he said.
-
They should fit right in here. Blue collar town, good work ethic. Just what we need.
-
These two will make an impact... immediately. I'm just not sure it will help the final score... I hope so...
-
I keep being more and more amazed at the positive *energy* in this Browns draft.
ILB Pullard? Never heard of him. And then you read about this kid(watch the video!):
-
What I like most about this draft is NONE of our picks seem to have a sense of entitlement or a "me first" mentality.
All are TEAM players.
I loved it when Erving said he studies everything Joe Thomas does...Not a bad thing for a rookie OL to do.
Mike
-
I keep being more and more amazed at the positive *energy* in this Browns draft.
ILB Pullard? Never heard of him. And then you read about this kid(watch the video!):
I keep being more and more amazed at the positive *energy* in this Browns draft.
ILB Pullard? Never heard of him. And then you read about this kid(watch the video!):
Being a SoCal guy, I have seen almost all of HP's games, and he is always around the ball. He has a good motor too. I didn't know about the letter or his back story until today, and after reading that, man I'm stoked!
-
More Culture change . . . in the right direction.
You have to like where things are heading, regardless of what our Record ends being this year.
If Gilbert gets his head on straight and has whatever problems he had last year behind him, I think we get some redemption from last year's 1st Round.
From all the talk from Team mates, I'm pulling for Manziel.
Don't know if he'll be a Starter, but hopefully he can be a serviceable Backup.
-
Like the Shelton pick and don't hate the Erving one. Doesn't matter though they have to produce on the field.
-
cant wait grade these past two drafts in two years
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login