First 2015 Depth Chart - 54 man
-
Here is my post-draft, pre-UDFAs, pre-rookie camp, pre-90 man TC roster, pre-pre-season way too soon to be accurate 53-man roster...
Bold - denotes starter
Italics - denotes rookie
QB - McCown / Manziel / Shaw
RB - Crowell / West / D.Johnson
FB - M.Johnson
WR - Bowe / Hawkins / Hartline / Gabriel / Mayle
TE - Dray / Housler / Barnidge / Teifer
OT - Thomas / Schwartz / Bowie
OG - Bitonio / Greco / Erving
C - Mack / Seymour
DE - Hughes / D.Bryant / Starks / Winn / Cooper
DT - Taylor / Shelton
OLB - Kruger / Mingo / A.Bryant / Orchard / Solomon
ILB - Dansby / Robertson / Kirksey / Pullard
CB - Haden / T.Williams / K.Williams / Gilbert / Nelson / Gaines
S - Whitner / Gipson / Desir / Campbell
STs - Yount / Lanning / Hartley
IR - Ekpre-Olomu
Notice... I have 11 of 12 draft picks on this roster (and 1 going to IR for the year) as I gave them priority over other players, mostly b/c I have no idea if any of them will or will not be any good. Also, I gave starter priority to the veterans...
Based on feedback, made a couple simple changes. Added Barnidge and dropped Bademosi. Switched Campbell and Desir to S because I like those two in those spots. Moved Gaines to CB.
Could see one less o-lineman and maybe one less LB replaced by maybe one more RB and/or WR.
Also based on some of our vets that aren't on my list, I could see some of our drafted guys getting stashed on the PS, which is always a risk b/c any team could take them. That's why I didn't want us to dratt 10 players, let alone 12...
Based on feedback, made a couple simple changes. Added Barnidge and dropped Bademosi. Switched Campbell and Desir to S because I like those two in those spots. Moved Gaines to CB.
Could see one less o-lineman and maybe one less LB replaced by maybe one more RB and/or WR.
Also based on some of our vets that aren't on my list, I could see some of our drafted guys getting stashed on the PS, which is always a risk b/c any team could take them. That's why I didn't want us to dratt 10 players, let alone 12...
I like it....pretty much what I came up with too......based upon today....Agree that the bottom rung guys could come & go just based upon camp performance and who shines enough to create a spot for himself....
Prolly a few "convenient" injuries too....

That was his rookie 2nd year....and last year was his second third year. Sophomore 3rd year Slump hopefully. So I expect a bounce back year from him now in his 3rd 4th year.....assuming he is here.
Fixed
-
Based on feedback, made a couple simple changes. Added Barnidge and dropped Bademosi. Switched Campbell and Desir to S because I like those two in those spots. Moved Gaines to CB.
Could see one less o-lineman and maybe one less LB replaced by maybe one more RB and/or WR.
Also based on some of our vets that aren't on my list, I could see some of our drafted guys getting stashed on the PS, which is always a risk b/c any team could take them. That's why I didn't want us to dratt 10 players, let alone 12...
I like it....pretty much what I came up with too......based upon today....Agree that the bottom rung guys could come & go just based upon camp performance and who shines enough to create a spot for himself....
Prolly a few "convenient" injuries too....

That was his rookie 2nd year....and last year was his second third year. Sophomore 3rd year Slump hopefully. So I expect a bounce back year from him now in his 3rd 4th year.....assuming he is here.
Fixed
I like it....pretty much what I came up with too......based upon today....Agree that the bottom rung guys could come & go just based upon camp performance and who shines enough to create a spot for himself....
Prolly a few "convenient" injuries too....

Fixed
Right.....though he only actually returned 3 punts that first year.....so I guess I somewhat discounted it in my mind as being a full year. More like one game.
-
Am remembering a hit that Benji took last season and when he returned it was Josh Gribbs hearing footsteps all over again. This is why I don't risk Gilbert or Duke on returns Draughn or Moore less a Risk if ball Handling does not become a issue.. I also believe Cam should learn G position but the best to learn from would be JT to his left and C Mack to his right. Bitoino has passed Class on left..
-
Why do I think it's possible for Bitoni to move to starting RT and Erving to move to his spot at RG?
Just a thought but one that this staff is likely to explore when they have a history of competition to find their best starting players regardless of years in.
Why do I think it's possible for Bitoni to move to starting RT and Erving to move to his spot at RG?
Just a thought but one that this staff is likely to explore when they have a history of competition to find their best starting players regardless of years in.
I agree. I see Erving at RT, Schwartz moving inside, and Grecco as the #1 reserve. I think Erving plays this year.
He may be the #1 back-up at center and may be the guy to take over for Mack if he leaves, but if he doesn't leave, Erving isn't destined as a back-up player. He plays, and moves around if guys get hurt.
He was the starting LT for FSU.. I might be a Gator, but FSU is a decent program and have been for 30 years. If the kid can play LT for them, he is a pretty darn good player, and that is the bottom line.
-
Zombo said:
Dude ... what did you do to Gary Barnrdge?
He is 29 and ready to have a breakout year. He blocks, He catches. He has the name of a friendly local State farm agent. He dates hot wrestling chicks.
C'mon, man!
Zombo
4 TEs plus a FB is a lot, but not impossible I suppose...
-
Erving wasn't just a LT.. he came into school as DT and switched as a soph. Regardless of position, he won the ACC award for best blocker the last 2 yrs. He was 1st team allACC at C and 2nd team at LT.. in the same season.
-
plus the guy we signed, houslerZombo said:
Barney Dray and the two guys we drafted. Tefler is a blocking TE other guy is a FB.
Z
-
Why do I think it's possible for Bitoni to move to starting RT and Erving to move to his spot at RG?
Just a thought but one that this staff is likely to explore when they have a history of competition to find their best starting players regardless of years in.
I agree. I see Erving at RT, Schwartz moving inside, and Grecco as the #1 reserve. I think Erving plays this year.
He may be the #1 back-up at center and may be the guy to take over for Mack if he leaves, but if he doesn't leave, Erving isn't destined as a back-up player. He plays, and moves around if guys get hurt.
He was the starting LT for FSU.. I might be a Gator, but FSU is a decent program and have been for 30 years. If the kid can play LT for them, he is a pretty darn good player, and that is the bottom line.
-
-
And well he might... but Schwartz to RG??? That's mushroom induced psychosis...
Yeah, I don't see that. I petitioned for his transition inside last year and he ended up surprising me with his play at RT...but I still don't like him. He's technically sound and that's it. He reminds me of the guy in the office who skates by on the bare minimum just so he can say he's not the worst one there.
-
Just shows how far technical soundness can take you...
He's obviously not Joe, but you see a lot of Joe's technique mirrored in Mitch. And Mitch has gotten better each year. In 2014 his kick drop got really good as did his knee bend. He's put in the work.
Match that against a still raw, but more athletic rookie... and it's going to be one of camp's more interesting competitions.
Cam's clear advantage is having the feet to better flow with the ZBS.
-
Just shows how far technical soundness can take you...
He's obviously not Joe, but you see a lot of Joe's technique mirrored in Mitch. And Mitch has gotten better each year. In 2014 his kick drop got really good as did his knee bend. He's put in the work.
Match that against a still raw, but more athletic rookie... and it's going to be one of camp's more interesting competitions.
Cam's clear advantage is having the feet to better flow with the ZBS.
Just shows how far technical soundness can take you...
He's obviously not Joe, but you see a lot of Joe's technique mirrored in Mitch. And Mitch has gotten better each year. In 2014 his kick drop got really good as did his knee bend. He's put in the work.
Match that against a still raw, but more athletic rookie... and it's going to be one of camp's more interesting competitions.
Cam's clear advantage is having the feet to better flow with the ZBS.
Your post is the exact reason I think Erving gets the start over Schwartz. Schwartz is hindered, in my opinion, by a lack of athleticism - but he studied (and im sure worked with) Joe to refine his technique and that's gotten him where he's at now.
Erving isn't hampered by that athletic barrier - and he seems equally as eager to study under Joe.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login