"Play like a Brown"
-
....I see a team on the way up too.....though think the fan base aint what it was back in the day.....
...this is how I see it.....the old Browns had one of the best fans bases in the league....a fan base that loved and supported them through hard times and one that EARNED the right to be called some of the best fans in the league....
NOW, however.....we have added a new generation of jaded fans who cant see the light at the end of the tunnel and...basically....are whiny negative crybabies who wouldn't recognize a good team if it hit them in the face.....WHEN the Browns finally have THAT great season we've all been waiting for, they wont even recognize it till its over......they'll whine and cry through the whole thing, then at the end, say "what happened"???....didnt see that coming....huh?
After more than a decade of losing(thru the 70's) I still remember that utterly amazing 1980 season....the Kardiak Kids....and the thing I remember most is how the city went crazy....and totally enjoyed the whole season.....and how the fans actually had hope and could see the possibilities "as they were happening"...(not after the fact).....By the time they were 7-3, the whole town was on board....people were all wearing Browns colors and flying Browns flags....and we all enjoyed it together....it was insane....
But now....if that were to happen again.....I guarantee the new generation would whine through the whole season...bitching about the few bad players, instead of the good ones.....dwelling on the few losses, instead of the wins......talking about a fumble, instead of enjoying a TD......and waiting for the other shoe to drop, instead of looking forward to the next win.....bitching about the one bad draft pick, instead of appreciating the 4 good ones.....etc etc etc....
So.....good luck to all you neg heads.....because when this team finally wins(and it will)....you wont even see it coming.....and will miss most of the fun.....
Sometimes a team is just due to catch a break. Our break came when about 6 coaching candidates turned down the head coaching job for the Browns last year and we hired Pettine. We struck gold. We have had many coaches since 99 and some were better than others but I really doubt if any of them were the "right" coach. I think there are some Browns fans who see Pettine as the right coach for the the Browns and he will be successful and we are looking forward while others are still looking back.
Then there is the negative media. I am all for looking for ways to improve the club and addressing areas that we need to improve on but this mindless tearing down the team makes no sense. When fans get bombarded with nothing but negative messages about the Browns it is bound to have an effect and take root.
Sometimes a team is just due to catch a break. Our break came when about 6 coaching candidates turned down the head coaching job for the Browns last year and we hired Pettine. We struck gold. We have had many coaches since 99 and some were better than others but I really doubt if any of them were the "right" coach. I think there are some Browns fans who see Pettine as the right coach for the the Browns and he will be successful and we are looking forward while others are still looking back.
Then there is the negative media. I am all for looking for ways to improve the club and addressing areas that we need to improve on but this mindless tearing down the team makes no sense. When fans get bombarded with nothing but negative messages about the Browns it is bound to have an effect and take root.
Do you think Pettine coaches and does everything he does with a chip on his shoulder since he was the 5th, 6th, or 7th choice? Im saying he is showing and possibly proving to thr Browns and NFL that he shouldve been 1st choice. And his attitude is showing to be extremely addictive and the players are buying in.
We nailed the draft in my opinion and I personally am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I know Im a "rookie" but if your not on board with this staff and front office you have to be a miserable prick.
-
I don't understand why you can't be a fan and also be objective about your franchise. We all want the team to be successful but if they aren't why do we have to act like they were
The only time that really matters is now. I like what Pettine told the players about breaking off the rear view mirror and looking forward. Pettine is refusing to allow the past (recent past) to define this team and I support him 100 percent on this.
The only time that really matters is now. I like what Pettine told the players about breaking off the rear view mirror and looking forward. Pettine is refusing to allow the past (recent past) to define this team and I support him 100 percent on this.
And don't get me wrong I like Pettine and I like the direction the team is going in building a solid defense.
-
Sometimes a team is just due to catch a break. Our break came when about 6 coaching candidates turned down the head coaching job for the Browns last year and we hired Pettine. We struck gold. We have had many coaches since 99 and some were better than others but I really doubt if any of them were the "right" coach. I think there are some Browns fans who see Pettine as the right coach for the the Browns and he will be successful and we are looking forward while others are still looking back.
Then there is the negative media. I am all for looking for ways to improve the club and addressing areas that we need to improve on but this mindless tearing down the team makes no sense. When fans get bombarded with nothing but negative messages about the Browns it is bound to have an effect and take root.
Do you think Pettine coaches and does everything he does with a chip on his shoulder since he was the 5th, 6th, or 7th choice? Im saying he is showing and possibly proving to thr Browns and NFL that he shouldve been 1st choice. And his attitude is showing to be extremely addictive and the players are buying in.
We nailed the draft in my opinion and I personally am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I know Im a "rookie" but if your not on board with this staff and front office you have to be a miserable prick.
Do you think Pettine coaches and does everything he does with a chip on his shoulder since he was the 5th, 6th, or 7th choice? Im saying he is showing and possibly proving to thr Browns and NFL that he shouldve been 1st choice. And his attitude is showing to be extremely addictive and the players are buying in.
We nailed the draft in my opinion and I personally am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I know Im a "rookie" but if your not on board with this staff and front office you have to be a miserable prick.
I just think he is a great coach. His history showed that with the Jets and the Bills. I am very happy the other coaches said no because we ended up with the best. When you listen to Pettine you realize coaching is not just a job for him but a way of life.
Something Tour has listed I believe might be the reason Pettine took the job when the others declined. He was up to the challenge of turning the club around while the others weren't:
"What's hard on everyone else is just right for us." - Pettine/O'Neil Motto
-
....I see a team on the way up too.....though think the fan base aint what it was back in the day.....
...this is how I see it.....the old Browns had one of the best fans bases in the league....a fan base that loved and supported them through hard times and one that EARNED the right to be called some of the best fans in the league....
NOW, however.....we have added a new generation of jaded fans who cant see the light at the end of the tunnel and...basically....are whiny negative crybabies who wouldn't recognize a good team if it hit them in the face.....WHEN the Browns finally have THAT great season we've all been waiting for, they wont even recognize it till its over......they'll whine and cry through the whole thing, then at the end, say "what happened"???....didnt see that coming....huh?
After more than a decade of losing(thru the 70's) I still remember that utterly amazing 1980 season....the Kardiak Kids....and the thing I remember most is how the city went crazy....and totally enjoyed the whole season.....and how the fans actually had hope and could see the possibilities "as they were happening"...(not after the fact).....By the time they were 7-3, the whole town was on board....people were all wearing Browns colors and flying Browns flags....and we all enjoyed it together....it was insane....
But now....if that were to happen again.....I guarantee the new generation would whine through the whole season...bitching about the few bad players, instead of the good ones.....dwelling on the few losses, instead of the wins......talking about a fumble, instead of enjoying a TD......and waiting for the other shoe to drop, instead of looking forward to the next win.....bitching about the one bad draft pick, instead of appreciating the 4 good ones.....etc etc etc....
So.....good luck to all you neg heads.....because when this team finally wins(and it will)....you wont even see it coming.....and will miss most of the fun.....
I had no problem cheering for the most recent Celtics, Bruins and Yankee Championships after they went through periods of down times, don't think I'll have an issue if the Browns ever start winning.
I skew towards the negative when it comes to this team simply because as a 40 year old fan I've witnessed some good play, some heartache but since 1999 this franchise has been horrible. Mik is getting all worked up over a 7-9 season. Gip thinks because we won a pre-SuperBowl championship 50 years ago we should be proud of that accomplishment. Sorry but as a fan, I now that irks some in here, I expect more and I won't settle for the product that we've been given.
If the team improves on the field I'll cheer for them as I did last year but if they go 7-9 again and "play like a Brown". I'll still be Mik's "Whiney Ass Bitch"
I had no problem cheering for the most recent Celtics, Bruins and Yankee Championships
I skew towards the negative when it comes to this team
If the team improves on the field I'll cheer for them
if they go 7-9.... I'll still be Mik's "Whiney Ass Bitch"
Thank you for completely proving my point.....
Gotta say...you are the first person Ive ever seen who actually says they want to be perceived as a whiney ass bitch.....
Nice goal!
-
You are living in circa 1969. The Browns have more in common with the Lions than they do with the SteelersYou are proving yourself to be a more diminished human being every time you open your trap. The first paragraph above has you teetering on the brink of being a FRAK....and that is about the worst a non ISIS human being can be. Then you display a certain amount of ignorance. stating apparently that because something didn't happen in your short sweet stupid life that it didn't happen at all. And knowing and acknowledging the fact that the Browns and NE Ohio have all those various titles in no way implies that anyone is willing to "settle" just because they exist. But, the fact is, if the Browns did win a Super Bowl....do you know what that would make it? Simply #14......but yes I would want #s 16-20 shortly after that as well.
You are living in circa 1969. The Browns have more in common with the Lions than they do with the Steelers
Yes and no.
I don't think Lion fans give a fuck about their 4 NFL Championships.
-
The Browns need a Super Bowl win badly.
It would help elevate their NFL Championships to the level where you could boast about them without looking silly.

-
You are living in circa 1969. The Browns have more in common with the Lions than they do with the Steelers
Yes and no.
I don't think Lion fans give a fuck about their 4 NFL Championships.
Stuart said:
I don't think Lion fans give a fuck about their 4 NFL Championships.
Id dont think anybody gives a fuck about anybodies Championships except their own. And the only fans who look silly to me are the ones boasting. Its not as if they've done something worthy of boasting about. It's more like winning the lottery then acting like you earned the money.
-
Nice, god forbid a person cheers for a team that has success. Ok now it makes sense but don't hate the rest of the world because the team in Columbus playing college football is the only success your teams have had. The Yankees didn't win anything in the 80s through the early 90s, the Celtics stunk from the time Bird left until the big 3 and I watched Ray Bourque finally get his well deserved Cup with the Avalance because the Bruins couldn't get it done. The only difference is those teams turned it around, something we all hope the Browns can do but haven't done to this point.I am completely objective. I know what they were, what they are, and what I expect them to be.
But what I won't do is suck up to another franchise just because they are winning.....like you said you do. "I have no problem cheering for the Yankees and Celtics and Bruins..."
Anyone that says that can take their head and dump it in a bucket of shit. You are only missing the Cowboys and Steelers from the panorama of FRAK franchises.
And by the way big difference in sucking up and acknowledging success
Nice, god forbid a person cheers for a team that has success.
Yes..god forbid....because it shows a lack of character, a lack of loyalty. When the Nazis overran Europe you were probably pleased about it because, after all, they "had success".
Ok now it makes sense but don't hate the rest of the world because the team in Columbus playing college football is the only success your teams have had.
"Your teams" I thought we had the same teams. Apparently you are a FRAK...since apparently you are willing to suck at the teat of any team just because it is "successful".
The Yankees didn't win anything in the 80s through the early 90s, the Celtics stunk from the time Bird left until the big 3 and I watched Ray Bourque finally get his well deserved Cup with the Avalance because the Bruins couldn't get it done. The only difference is those teams turned it around, something we all hope the Browns can do but haven't done to this point.
And by the way big difference in sucking up and acknowledging success
Yes, there is. We all can "acknowledge" the success that the Celtics/Yankees had. And respect it. But you said that you "cheered for them". That implies that you had preference for them over all the other teams they played. It means that you preferred them to win over the Mets, Padres, Braves. It implies that you preferred the Celtics over the Lakers, Rockets, Bucks or other teams they played. It implies that you are a fucking FRAK in other words.
-
We all like the history no doubt. Some of us actually got to see some of it, but in the end, Bacon is right. This will be 51 years since we won the championship.
You guys know I am a big fan, but for any fan 40 and under, we have sucked pretty much their entire lifetime. It's hard to blame them. Unlike baseball, you need to win at football. Games have always been expensive. At least loser baseball teams have cheaper tickets, better weather, chicks in halter tops and short, shorts and a great way to watch some sports and be able to talk with your friends for 3-4 hours. The social gathering place IS the game and not the tailgate before the game.
We all like the history no doubt. Some of us actually got to see some of it, but in the end, Bacon is right. This will be 51 years since we won the championship.
Well, he is not "right" because he asserts that anything won prior to the onset of the Superball Bowl doesn't count.
He doesn't say that it has been way too long since the Browns won....he said that what they did win is apparently some kind of fiction.
You guys know I am a big fan, but for any fan 40 and under, we have sucked pretty much their entire lifetime. It's hard to blame them. Unlike baseball, you need to win at football. Games have always been expensive. At least loser baseball teams have cheaper tickets, better weather, chicks in halter tops and short, shorts and a great way to watch some sports and be able to talk with your friends for 3-4 hours. The social gathering place IS the game and not the tailgate before the game.
Sure, 40 somes may have never seen the team win. That does suck....more for us old farts than for them. But I never saw the Otto Graham era. I never saw the 1948 Indians. I never saw the Babe Ruth or Joe Dimaggio Yankees......but should I assert that the accomplishments of those teams "don't count as he did?. Of course they count.
That is my beef with him. That, plus he admitted being a frontrunner.
-
The Browns need a Super Bowl win badly.
It would help elevate their NFL Championships to the level where you could boast about them without looking silly.

Stuart said:
The Browns need a Super Bowl win badly.
It would help elevate their NFL Championships to the level where you could boast about them without looking silly.

Well, a proper comparison is that around the same time the NFL started the "Super Bowl" with merger and expanded playoff, the MLB was expanding at about the same rate with many new teams....plus a new expanded playoff system. They went from just two teams playing in the World Series to a tiered playoff system.
The difference was that instead of merging with a rival league, they expanded into new markets. New teams came in: Angels, Astros, Rangers, Brewers, Royals, Mets, Expos nka Nationals. A bit later the Blue Jays and Mariners. This was essentially the equivalent of the AFL/NFL merger. The only difference was these expanded teams were assimilated into the already existing American and National league structure, and they did not change the name of their championship series.
But, so, would anyone argue that the World Series played before the 1967 playoff expansion "don't count". What if MLB had changed the name of their championship at that time from World Series to "Super Series"? Would anything played before the creation of the "Super Series" not count? That is essentially what Bacon Hound and some stupidsteelerfans say.
So, should we bifurcate the history of the MLB the same way some want to do it for the NFL? Obviously not.
-
Stuart said:
I don't think Lion fans give a fuck about their 4 NFL Championships.
Id dont think anybody gives a fuck about anybodies Championships except their own. And the only fans who look silly to me are the ones boasting. Its not as if they've done something worthy of boasting about. It's more like winning the lottery then acting like you earned the money.
Id dont think anybody gives a fuck about anybodies Championships except their own. And the only fans who look silly to me are the ones boasting. Its not as if they've done something worthy of boasting about. It's more like winning the lottery then acting like you earned the money.
FRAKs give a fuck......because they simply adopt whoever wins as "their own".
-
With some people, it's a huge ego thing - they are "fans" of whatever team is winning, has gone to
the superbowl and won it.
I know a few people who were fans of the Niners when they went, but later, they became fans
of the steelers, but then quit and became fans of the Patriots.........
It's dumb. I'll always be a huge fan of ONLY our Browns and I hope they get to winning big this year.
-
You are living in circa 1969. The Browns have more in common with the Lions than they do with the Steelers
NO, I just do not have the mindset of a Pittsburgh Steeler fan who think God created the earth, sun, moon, stars in 1970.
You have more in common with a Steeler fan than a Browns fan.
NO, I just do not have the mindset of a Pittsburgh Steeler fan who think God created the earth, sun, moon, stars in 1970.
Your right, it's unimaginable that any browns fan would think that way if since 1970 the Browns appeared in 8 SB's, won 6, won more games than any team in the league, and have had only 3 head coaches, most playoff wins, berths, division titles...all stemming as a result being one of the most stable franchises in the league.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL–NFL_merger
Also don't you think your statement is a tad hypocritical?
Steeler fans don't think God created the earth, sun, moon, and stars in 1970 any more than you think God created the sun, moon, and stars in 1945.
It's clearly evident you think that way.
-
With some people, it's a huge ego thing - they are "fans" of whatever team is winning, has gone to
the superbowl and won it.
I know a few people who were fans of the Niners when they went, but later, they became fans
of the steelers, but then quit and became fans of the Patriots.........
It's dumb. I'll always be a huge fan of ONLY our Browns and I hope they get to winning big this year.
With some people, it's a huge ego thing - they are "fans" of whatever team is winning, has gone to
the superbowl and won it.
I know a few people who were fans of the Niners when they went, but later, they became fans
of the steelers, but then quit and became fans of the Patriots.........
It's dumb. I'll always be a huge fan of ONLY our Browns and I hope they get to winning big this year.
That's bullshit, I hate when people do that. I mean sure, I might admire a team for building through the draft, not trying to make an all-star team at any cost (Buffalo?), not super arrogant (hawks, pats). So I'd probably have a slight preference for the packers over the patriots in the SB, but against the browns, I want to crush them under heel.
-
NO, I just do not have the mindset of a Pittsburgh Steeler fan who think God created the earth, sun, moon, stars in 1970.
Your right, it's unimaginable that any browns fan would think that way if since 1970 the Browns appeared in 8 SB's, won 6, won more games than any team in the league, and have had only 3 head coaches, most playoff wins, berths, division titles...all stemming as a result being one of the most stable franchises in the league.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL–NFL_merger
Also don't you think your statement is a tad hypocritical?
Steeler fans don't think God created the earth, sun, moon, and stars in 1970 any more than you think God created the sun, moon, and stars in 1945.
It's clearly evident you think that way.
Stuart said:
Your right, it's unimaginable that any browns fan would think that way if since 1970 the Browns appeared in 8 SB's, won 6, won more games than any team in the league, and have had only 3 head coaches, most playoff wins, berths, division titles...all stemming as a result being one of the most stable franchises in the league.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL–NFL_merger
Also don't you think your statement is a tad hypocritical?
Steeler fans don't think God created the earth, sun, moon, and stars in 1970 any more than you think God created the sun, moon, and stars in 1945.
It's clearly evident you think that way.
You ARE absolutely right.....it would still be unimagineable for Browns fans.....or a fan of ANY team to think that way.
The Pats/49ers/Cowboys have had about as much success as the the Steelers have had in that same era.
But no, there is absolutely nothing wrong for you or a cowboy/49er/steeler fan to point out that "we have had this particular success" since X date.....
but do you....like some of your ilk believe that "nothing that came before X date counts? Is that what you are saying....I want to be clear.
And clearly you don't know me or what I have said on here forever....that I think things started in 1945. (and the Browns started in 1946, not 1945 btw). Have you actually read my posts that record history? I....and every proper recording agency... count everything from the onset of the league in 1920. I....and all those other sources....count the likes of the Providence Steam Roller title, the Frankford Yellow Jackets., and the Canton/Cleveland Bulldogs, Akron Pros, Cleveland Rams. I am all inclusive to any team that has played in the NFL or that has been merged into the NFL.
So, no, I am not hypocritical at all. If I wanted to be hypocritical then I would be claiming that the Browns have more titles than any other team in history.
So, just for shits and giggles, lets do it the "Steeler fan" way. Let's say that the NFL planet began only in 1946. What team has won the most titles. Here we go, here is the list of teams and the number of titles they have won since 1945:
Browns 8 titles
Packers 7 titles
Steelers 6 titles
Giants 5 titles
49ers 5 titles
Cowboys 5 titles
Patriots 4 titles
Colts 4 titles
Eagles 3 titles
Lions 3 titles
Raiders 3 titles
Redskins 3 titles
Bears 3 titles
Ravens 2 titles
Broncos 2 titles
Bills 2 titles
Chiefs 2 titles
Rams 2 titles
Dolphins 2 titles
Cardinals 1 title
Chargers 1 title
Jets 1 title
Bucs 1 title
Saints 1 title
Seahawks 1 title.
So, doing it the esoteric, Steeler way, the Browns have the most titles in the recorded history of the human race.
But, of course, in the real world, we all know better....that the Packer franchise has the most in history: 13.
-
Nice, god forbid a person cheers for a team that has success.
Yes..god forbid....because it shows a lack of character, a lack of loyalty. When the Nazis overran Europe you were probably pleased about it because, after all, they "had success".
Ok now it makes sense but don't hate the rest of the world because the team in Columbus playing college football is the only success your teams have had.
"Your teams" I thought we had the same teams. Apparently you are a FRAK...since apparently you are willing to suck at the teat of any team just because it is "successful".
The Yankees didn't win anything in the 80s through the early 90s, the Celtics stunk from the time Bird left until the big 3 and I watched Ray Bourque finally get his well deserved Cup with the Avalance because the Bruins couldn't get it done. The only difference is those teams turned it around, something we all hope the Browns can do but haven't done to this point.
And by the way big difference in sucking up and acknowledging success
Yes, there is. We all can "acknowledge" the success that the Celtics/Yankees had. And respect it. But you said that you "cheered for them". That implies that you had preference for them over all the other teams they played. It means that you preferred them to win over the Mets, Padres, Braves. It implies that you preferred the Celtics over the Lakers, Rockets, Bucks or other teams they played. It implies that you are a fucking FRAK in other words.
Nice, god forbid a person cheers for a team that has success.
Yes..god forbid....because it shows a lack of character, a lack of loyalty. When the Nazis overran Europe you were probably pleased about it because, after all, they "had success".
Ok now it makes sense but don't hate the rest of the world because the team in Columbus playing college football is the only success your teams have had.
"Your teams" I thought we had the same teams. Apparently you are a FRAK...since apparently you are willing to suck at the teat of any team just because it is "successful".
The Yankees didn't win anything in the 80s through the early 90s, the Celtics stunk from the time Bird left until the big 3 and I watched Ray Bourque finally get his well deserved Cup with the Avalance because the Bruins couldn't get it done. The only difference is those teams turned it around, something we all hope the Browns can do but haven't done to this point.
And by the way big difference in sucking up and acknowledging success
Yes, there is. We all can "acknowledge" the success that the Celtics/Yankees had. And respect it. But you said that you "cheered for them". That implies that you had preference for them over all the other teams they played. It means that you preferred them to win over the Mets, Padres, Braves. It implies that you preferred the Celtics over the Lakers, Rockets, Bucks or other teams they played. It implies that you are a fucking FRAK in other words.
You seem to be an angry dude that just likes to argue but for the sake of it.
I have lived in Upstate NY my entire life. The teams I root for were passed on to me from my father, which I think happens very often. The only team I have ever bailed on was the Miami Dolphins. Like many kids during the Marino era I was fascinated with how awesome he was but when he lost the SuperBowl against the Skins I was devastated and began rooting for my Dad's team the Browns.
I would also add that the previous Championships won by the Browns aren't irrelevant but when you are talking about them as a franchise, for me, the play over the last 50 years is more relevant than what they did back then.
-
Nice, god forbid a person cheers for a team that has success.
Yes..god forbid....because it shows a lack of character, a lack of loyalty. When the Nazis overran Europe you were probably pleased about it because, after all, they "had success".
Ok now it makes sense but don't hate the rest of the world because the team in Columbus playing college football is the only success your teams have had.
"Your teams" I thought we had the same teams. Apparently you are a FRAK...since apparently you are willing to suck at the teat of any team just because it is "successful".
The Yankees didn't win anything in the 80s through the early 90s, the Celtics stunk from the time Bird left until the big 3 and I watched Ray Bourque finally get his well deserved Cup with the Avalance because the Bruins couldn't get it done. The only difference is those teams turned it around, something we all hope the Browns can do but haven't done to this point.
And by the way big difference in sucking up and acknowledging success
Yes, there is. We all can "acknowledge" the success that the Celtics/Yankees had. And respect it. But you said that you "cheered for them". That implies that you had preference for them over all the other teams they played. It means that you preferred them to win over the Mets, Padres, Braves. It implies that you preferred the Celtics over the Lakers, Rockets, Bucks or other teams they played. It implies that you are a fucking FRAK in other words.
You seem to be an angry dude that just likes to argue but for the sake of it.
I have lived in Upstate NY my entire life. The teams I root for were passed on to me from my father, which I think happens very often. The only team I have ever bailed on was the Miami Dolphins. Like many kids during the Marino era I was fascinated with how awesome he was but when he lost the SuperBowl against the Skins I was devastated and began rooting for my Dad's team the Browns.
I would also add that the previous Championships won by the Browns aren't irrelevant but when you are talking about them as a franchise, for me, the play over the last 50 years is more relevant than what they did back then.
Like many kids during the Marino era I was fascinated with how awesome he was but when he lost the SuperBowl against the Skins I was devastated and began rooting for my Dad's team the Browns.
That would be a great story if Marino had actually played the Redskins in a Super Bowl.
Its funny how you became a Miami fan because you liked Marino, then dumped them the first year because he lost the super bowl. And you were so devastated after investing almost a whole year in being a Dolphin fan that you forgot who they even played????? Spoken like the king of front runners.
-
Nice, god forbid a person cheers for a team that has success.
Yes..god forbid....because it shows a lack of character, a lack of loyalty. When the Nazis overran Europe you were probably pleased about it because, after all, they "had success".
Ok now it makes sense but don't hate the rest of the world because the team in Columbus playing college football is the only success your teams have had.
"Your teams" I thought we had the same teams. Apparently you are a FRAK...since apparently you are willing to suck at the teat of any team just because it is "successful".
The Yankees didn't win anything in the 80s through the early 90s, the Celtics stunk from the time Bird left until the big 3 and I watched Ray Bourque finally get his well deserved Cup with the Avalance because the Bruins couldn't get it done. The only difference is those teams turned it around, something we all hope the Browns can do but haven't done to this point.
And by the way big difference in sucking up and acknowledging success
Yes, there is. We all can "acknowledge" the success that the Celtics/Yankees had. And respect it. But you said that you "cheered for them". That implies that you had preference for them over all the other teams they played. It means that you preferred them to win over the Mets, Padres, Braves. It implies that you preferred the Celtics over the Lakers, Rockets, Bucks or other teams they played. It implies that you are a fucking FRAK in other words.
You seem to be an angry dude that just likes to argue but for the sake of it.
I have lived in Upstate NY my entire life. The teams I root for were passed on to me from my father, which I think happens very often. The only team I have ever bailed on was the Miami Dolphins. Like many kids during the Marino era I was fascinated with how awesome he was but when he lost the SuperBowl against the Skins I was devastated and began rooting for my Dad's team the Browns.
I would also add that the previous Championships won by the Browns aren't irrelevant but when you are talking about them as a franchise, for me, the play over the last 50 years is more relevant than what they did back then.
You seem to be an angry dude that just likes to argue but for the sake of it.
Not angry at all. Just because I do not wish to tolerate ignorance...and dishonesty does not make me angry. Consider this an education for you.
I have lived in Upstate NY my entire life. The teams I root for were passed on to me from my father, which I think happens very often. The only team I have ever bailed on was the Miami Dolphins. Like many kids during the Marino era I was fascinated with how awesome he was but when he lost the SuperBowl against the Skins I was devastated and began rooting for my Dad's team the Browns.
See, I don't see such frail loyalties as being an attractive trait.
I would also add that the previous Championships won by the Browns aren't irrelevant but when you are talking about them as a franchise, for me, the play over the last 50 years is more relevant than what they did back then.
Why 50 years? That is a completely arbitrary figure. The Marino era was mostly the 90s. That makes you very young. For 30 of those 50 years you probably were not a scentient human being. Why not just limit it to the time you have been around?
-
NO, I just do not have the mindset of a Pittsburgh Steeler fan who think God created the earth, sun, moon, stars in 1970.
Your right, it's unimaginable that any browns fan would think that way if since 1970 the Browns appeared in 8 SB's, won 6, won more games than any team in the league, and have had only 3 head coaches, most playoff wins, berths, division titles...all stemming as a result being one of the most stable franchises in the league.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL–NFL_merger
Also don't you think your statement is a tad hypocritical?
Steeler fans don't think God created the earth, sun, moon, and stars in 1970 any more than you think God created the sun, moon, and stars in 1945.
It's clearly evident you think that way.
Stuart said:
Your right, it's unimaginable that any browns fan would think that way if since 1970 the Browns appeared in 8 SB's, won 6, won more games than any team in the league, and have had only 3 head coaches, most playoff wins, berths, division titles...all stemming as a result being one of the most stable franchises in the league.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL–NFL_merger
Also don't you think your statement is a tad hypocritical?
Steeler fans don't think God created the earth, sun, moon, and stars in 1970 any more than you think God created the sun, moon, and stars in 1945.
It's clearly evident you think that way.
You seem to be an angry dude that just likes to argue but for the sake of it.
I have lived in Upstate NY my entire life. The teams I root for were passed on to me from my father, which I think happens very often. The only team I have ever bailed on was the Miami Dolphins. Like many kids during the Marino era I was fascinated with how awesome he was but when he lost the SuperBowl against the Skins I was devastated and began rooting for my Dad's team the Browns.
I would also add that the previous Championships won by the Browns aren't irrelevant but when you are talking about them as a franchise, for me, the play over the last 50 years is more relevant than what they did back then.
you two need to hold hands and jump from this sinking ship which is the browns and go find a new band wagon team.
you could root for the patriots ("oops! they're in trouble stuart! we have to find a safer choice!" says baconhound in a squirrley voice.)
you could root for tampa bay because they got the shiny new hood ornament that you both cried about ("no, it'll take them too long to win, bacon. and i must root for a super bowl winner before i turn 25 or my life won't be complete!" cried little stuart the mouse.)
i don't care who you dudes root for. if it's for the browns can you be a little more positive? who doesn't want their team to be champs? being a browns fan is more than just wins and losses. until you figure that out, you might want to STFU.
-
Stuart said:
Your right, it's unimaginable that any browns fan would think that way if since 1970 the Browns appeared in 8 SB's, won 6, won more games than any team in the league, and have had only 3 head coaches, most playoff wins, berths, division titles...all stemming as a result being one of the most stable franchises in the league.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL–NFL_merger
Also don't you think your statement is a tad hypocritical?
Steeler fans don't think God created the earth, sun, moon, and stars in 1970 any more than you think God created the sun, moon, and stars in 1945.
It's clearly evident you think that way.
You seem to be an angry dude that just likes to argue but for the sake of it.
I have lived in Upstate NY my entire life. The teams I root for were passed on to me from my father, which I think happens very often. The only team I have ever bailed on was the Miami Dolphins. Like many kids during the Marino era I was fascinated with how awesome he was but when he lost the SuperBowl against the Skins I was devastated and began rooting for my Dad's team the Browns.
I would also add that the previous Championships won by the Browns aren't irrelevant but when you are talking about them as a franchise, for me, the play over the last 50 years is more relevant than what they did back then.
you two need to hold hands and jump from this sinking ship which is the browns and go find a new band wagon team.
you could root for the patriots ("oops! they're in trouble stuart! we have to find a safer choice!" says baconhound in a squirrley voice.)
you could root for tampa bay because they got the shiny new hood ornament that you both cried about ("no, it'll take them too long to win, bacon. and i must root for a super bowl winner before i turn 25 or my life won't be complete!" cried little stuart the mouse.)
i don't care who you dudes root for. if it's for the browns can you be a little more positive? who doesn't want their team to be champs? being a browns fan is more than just wins and losses. until you figure that out, you might want to STFU.
you two need to hold hands and jump from this sinking ship which is the browns and go find a new band wagon team.
you could root for the patriots ("oops! they're in trouble stuart! we have to find a safer choice!" says baconhound in a squirrley voice.)
you could root for tampa bay because they got the shiny new hood ornament that you both cried about ("no, it'll take them too long to win, bacon. and i must root for a super bowl winner before i turn 25 or my life won't be complete!" cried little stuart the mouse.)
i don't care who you dudes root for. if it's for the browns can you be a little more positive? who doesn't want their team to be champs? being a browns fan is more than just wins and losses. until you figure that out, you might want to STFU.
Stuart, I believe, is a Steeler fan and has really made no bones about that. And that is fine. Anyone born and raised in Western PA rightfully should be a Steeler fan.
BaconHound though is a little harder to figure out. He says he at times has rooted for the Celtics, then the Yankees, and there was the Dolphins, and now the Browns?
He says he is from upstate NY. I can understand upstate NY people being Yankee fans....I think most upstate New Yawkers are Yankee fans (over the Mets who are more a NJ/Long Island team). But why a Celtic fan? Why not a Knick fan? (because the Celts were winners?) And the Dolphins? Unless he is a member of the Jewish NY/Miami Mafia, I don't get that. Because he liked Marino? (but he didn't like Kelly....the upstate NY guy?). But he jumped off that wagon to become a Browns fan....because his Dad is a Browns fan. I can see that. I just wonder why it wasn't that way from the start?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login