TP has been realesed by the Chiefs
-
We average almost 80,000 people at every SEC game. Yes, we are "better fans." Get over it.
The Top 5 schools in attendance in college football consists of 3 Big Ten Teams, 1 Big 12, and one SEC
Yes, there is a difference. But Bama folks would still come away saying "we got a ranked win." Maybe you want to evaluate the records during that week and determine where exactly MSU deserved to be ranked? I mean since you're omniscient and all. I know that last year IIRC, there was only one team that made it to 7-0.
Yes, by playing Southern Mississippi, UAB, So. Alabama,and UT Martin
You can make the cutoff mark wherever you want. Who has more of the top 10? 15? 20? 25? Who has the highest average? I already said the Big 10 had three high quality, power programs. And after that, not much. Nebraska has the history and fan support but no longer has any local talent or national appeal.
And yet very few other teams had the same record at that point, despite the fact that everyone plays weak comp early in the year.
You can make the cutoff mark wherever you want. Who has more of the top 10? 15? 20? 25? Who has the highest average? I already said the Big 10 had three high quality, power programs. And after that, not much. Nebraska has the history and fan support but no longer has any local talent or national appeal.
And yet very few other teams had the same record at that point, despite the fact that everyone plays weak comp early in the year.
But for a conference that claims superiority they suffer from diabetes more than any other. No one other of the power conferences piles on the creampuffs and cupcakes like the SEC.
-
A&M won its bowl.
The best coaches definitely come from up north. Too bad you guys can't keep them up there.
But doesn't the majority of SEC coaches being northerners blow up the theory that we're fine with treating players poorly just like we're fine with having slaves and treating them poorly?
The randomness, patheticness, inconsistency, and General "throw crap against the wall to see what sticks" tenor of the attacks on the SEC are hilarious. There is no coherent argument other than "well we won the last national championship."
-
So...move to the college forum?
-
SEC use of medical hardship/transfer/etc to end the career after 1,2 years isn't "some minute tool" - it's their entire philosophy, and fits right with their use of oversigning. It's the other side of the coin. It's part of the Southern culture of abusing people because they can - aka the cultural self-justification of slavery - it's not right, and that's why the big10 won't do it. Not shockingly, the big10's model was not even considered by the SEC.
I hate the SEC and the South because of that culture, and I will always root for OSU to run up the score on every SEC team at every opportunity.
SEC use of medical hardship/transfer/etc to end the career after 1,2 years isn't "some minute tool" - it's their entire philosophy, and fits right with their use of oversigning. It's the other side of the coin. It's part of the Southern culture of abusing people because they can - aka the cultural self-justification of slavery - it's not right, and that's why the big10 won't do it. Not shockingly, the big10's model was not even considered by the SEC.
I hate the SEC and the South because of that culture, and I will always root for OSU to run up the score on every SEC team at every opportunity.
Holy shit.
Oversigning tied to slavery.
Creative.
-
A&M won its bowl.
The best coaches definitely come from up north. Too bad you guys can't keep them up there.
But doesn't the majority of SEC coaches being northerners blow up the theory that we're fine with treating players poorly just like we're fine with having slaves and treating them poorly?
The randomness, patheticness, inconsistency, and General "throw crap against the wall to see what sticks" tenor of the attacks on the SEC are hilarious. There is no coherent argument other than "well we won the last national championship."
A&M won its bowl.
The best coaches definitely come from up north. Too bad you guys can't keep them up there.
Well, coaches are human and susceptible to all that under the table money that gets thrown around down there.
But doesn't the majority of SEC coaches being northerners blow up the theory that we're fine with treating players poorly just like we're fine with having slaves and treating them poorly?
I don't think I was ever one that said that the SEC treated their players poorly....at least not while those players are there. I believe Woody's theory is that to the SEC players are a fungible commodity......discardable if they are perceived no longer useful. While I don't know if that is true, I guess it is plausible (and may happen at any number of other places). As to slavery, again, I never said they treated the players poorly....just that it was ironic that certain southerners want to use those grandsons of slaves as reason to pacify themselves over the loss of the Civil War. They probably treat the pretty well.
The randomness, patheticness, inconsistency, and General "throw crap against the wall to see what sticks" tenor of the attacks on the SEC are hilarious. There is no coherent argument other than "well we won the last national championship."
The SEC and its supporters open themselves up to attack by their ignorance, arrogance...and disreputable ways. You get what you pay for.
-
Pryor officially is on the Bungles, but I see this thread has turned a corner.....
-
Pryor officially is on the Bungles, but I see this thread has turned a corner.....
Pryor officially is on the Bungles, but I see this thread has turned a corner.....
The Bengals often do take the former Buckeyes that are the disjecta membra from other teams.
-
A&M won its bowl.
The best coaches definitely come from up north. Too bad you guys can't keep them up there.
Well, coaches are human and susceptible to all that under the table money that gets thrown around down there.
But doesn't the majority of SEC coaches being northerners blow up the theory that we're fine with treating players poorly just like we're fine with having slaves and treating them poorly?
I don't think I was ever one that said that the SEC treated their players poorly....at least not while those players are there. I believe Woody's theory is that to the SEC players are a fungible commodity......discardable if they are perceived no longer useful. While I don't know if that is true, I guess it is plausible (and may happen at any number of other places). As to slavery, again, I never said they treated the players poorly....just that it was ironic that certain southerners want to use those grandsons of slaves as reason to pacify themselves over the loss of the Civil War. They probably treat the pretty well.
The randomness, patheticness, inconsistency, and General "throw crap against the wall to see what sticks" tenor of the attacks on the SEC are hilarious. There is no coherent argument other than "well we won the last national championship."
The SEC and its supporters open themselves up to attack by their ignorance, arrogance...and disreputable ways. You get what you pay for.
A&M won its bowl.
The best coaches definitely come from up north. Too bad you guys can't keep them up there.
Well, coaches are human and susceptible to all that under the table money that gets thrown around down there.
But doesn't the majority of SEC coaches being northerners blow up the theory that we're fine with treating players poorly just like we're fine with having slaves and treating them poorly?
I don't think I was ever one that said that the SEC treated their players poorly....at least not while those players are there. I believe Woody's theory is that to the SEC players are a fungible commodity......discardable if they are perceived no longer useful. While I don't know if that is true, I guess it is plausible (and may happen at any number of other places). As to slavery, again, I never said they treated the players poorly....just that it was ironic that certain southerners want to use those grandsons of slaves as reason to pacify themselves over the loss of the Civil War. They probably treat the pretty well.
The randomness, patheticness, inconsistency, and General "throw crap against the wall to see what sticks" tenor of the attacks on the SEC are hilarious. There is no coherent argument other than "well we won the last national championship."
The SEC and its supporters open themselves up to attack by their ignorance, arrogance...and disreputable ways. You get what you pay for.
It's not under the table. The SEC pays coaches very handsomely. That is on the record and "books," not off of them.
Fine, I can't tie you to the slavery position stated a page or so ago. But whoever did take that position saw their theory blown up by seeing the birthplaces of SEC coaches.
Yes they are commodities. They're on scholarship for the entertainment of the students and alumni, to present a "face" for the school, and to bring it prestige. If you can turn them into good people, great. But to me that's not the goal of the program. Just a difference of opinion. We can agree to disagree on the purpose of college football. But that doesn't mean other conferences are just as good on the field. They're just better at other things.
-
A&M won its bowl.
The best coaches definitely come from up north. Too bad you guys can't keep them up there.
Well, coaches are human and susceptible to all that under the table money that gets thrown around down there.
But doesn't the majority of SEC coaches being northerners blow up the theory that we're fine with treating players poorly just like we're fine with having slaves and treating them poorly?
I don't think I was ever one that said that the SEC treated their players poorly....at least not while those players are there. I believe Woody's theory is that to the SEC players are a fungible commodity......discardable if they are perceived no longer useful. While I don't know if that is true, I guess it is plausible (and may happen at any number of other places). As to slavery, again, I never said they treated the players poorly....just that it was ironic that certain southerners want to use those grandsons of slaves as reason to pacify themselves over the loss of the Civil War. They probably treat the pretty well.
The randomness, patheticness, inconsistency, and General "throw crap against the wall to see what sticks" tenor of the attacks on the SEC are hilarious. There is no coherent argument other than "well we won the last national championship."
The SEC and its supporters open themselves up to attack by their ignorance, arrogance...and disreputable ways. You get what you pay for.
It's not under the table. The SEC pays coaches very handsomely. That is on the record and "books," not off of them.
Fine, I can't tie you to the slavery position stated a page or so ago. But whoever did take that position saw their theory blown up by seeing the birthplaces of SEC coaches.
Yes they are commodities. They're on scholarship for the entertainment of the students and alumni, to present a "face" for the school, and to bring it prestige. If you can turn them into good people, great. But to me that's not the goal of the program. Just a difference of opinion. We can agree to disagree on the purpose of college football. But that doesn't mean other conferences are just as good on the field. They're just better at other things.
It's not under the table. The SEC pays coaches very handsomely. That is on the record and "books," not off of them.
OK, right, the coaches are paid above the table, the players below.
Fine, I can't tie you to the slavery position stated a page or so ago. But whoever did take that position saw their theory blown up by seeing the birthplaces of SEC coaches.
I AM the one that said that some southern douchebags think that having good SEC football teams somehow makes up for losing the Civil War. And I said that it is the sons of those former slaves.....the institution that the South fought so hard to protect and retain...that is "winning" that battle for you.
But I never equated those players current situation to slavery. No, they are all getting paid like good employees/independent contractors/capitalists.
Yes they are commodities. They're on scholarship for the entertainment of the students and alumni, to present a "face" for the school, and to bring it prestige. If you can turn them into good people, great. But to me that's not the goal of the program. Just a difference of opinion. We can agree to disagree on the purpose of college football. But that doesn't mean other conferences are just as good on the field. They're just better at other things.
Well, players may be commodities at other schools/conferences. Its just that the SEC is most blatant about it.
But, here is a FYI for you....sort of changing the topic. As I told you before my daughter goes to Trinity there in SA. My sister in law lives there and while she was in HS we visited the in-laws and my daughter loved the area and like the school...so she chose to go there. Well, another branch of the in-laws family also lives in that area and a couple of their boys go to TAMU. Apparently they faced the music and knew they could not get into Trinity. Well, when my daughter got accepted and enrolled in Trinity apparently there was a fair amount of jealousy and resentment over it because of the feeling that they would not be qualified. Some of their thinking was that my daughter was never good enough to get in or make it there. Well, she got in, and is making it. (though I will say her grades need to be better). The worst of the bunch may actually be her own aunt...my wife's sister. She has a serious vanity streak and hates for it to be perceived that someone is getting by better than her. What should have been an occasion of pride for her became a reason for her to be resentful.
-
I know what you said about slavery (and disagree). I was referring to whoever said we treat our players badly because we treat people badly in general, just like "we" treated the slaves.
-
I'm going to go get some popcorn
-
I know what you said about slavery (and disagree). I was referring to whoever said we treat our players badly because we treat people badly in general, just like "we" treated the slaves.
I know what you said about slavery (and disagree). I was referring to whoever said we treat our players badly because we treat people badly in general, just like "we" treated the slaves.
You have no basis to disagree. What I said was a fact. Some people think that way. I am not saying you do....but others in the more traditional south do.
(Texas is not really the south...even though it was part of the Confederacy. It is really part of the West. Or, maybe half is south and the other half west.) SA is the west.
-
I know what you said about slavery (and disagree). I was referring to whoever said we treat our players badly because we treat people badly in general, just like "we" treated the slaves.
You have no basis to disagree. What I said was a fact. Some people think that way. I am not saying you do....but others in the more traditional south do.
(Texas is not really the south...even though it was part of the Confederacy. It is really part of the West. Or, maybe half is south and the other half west.) SA is the west.
You have no basis to disagree. What I said was a fact. Some people think that way. I am not saying you do....but others in the more traditional south do.
(Texas is not really the south...even though it was part of the Confederacy. It is really part of the West. Or, maybe half is south and the other half west.) SA is the west.
That's like saying it's fact that people think Cleveland is shitty. Or it's fact that people think Tom Brady didn't cheat. Or it's fact that people think the moon is made from Kate Upton's tits.
Yes. There are probably people who think that. There are plenty of dumbass people in the world with plenty of dumbass opinions.
-
Those people are probably locked up somewhere with the hundreds of kids you know that are better people than Tim Tebow. I'd be shocked if there was a single person (much less "some," much less the amount necessary for you to even bring it up in this discussion) that ever actually said to you out loud "I want southern football to be the best because I'm mad we lost the Civil War."
-
Those people are probably locked up somewhere with the hundreds of kids you know that are better people than Tim Tebow. I'd be shocked if there was a single person (much less "some," much less the amount necessary for you to even bring it up in this discussion) that ever actually said to you out loud "I want southern football to be the best because I'm mad we lost the Civil War."
Those people are probably locked up somewhere with the hundreds of kids you know that are better people than Tim Tebow. I'd be shocked if there was a single person (much less "some," much less the amount necessary for you to even bring it up in this discussion) that ever actually said to you out loud "I want southern football to be the best because I'm mad we lost the Civil War."
Maybe Ole Miss. What with them being the Rebels and Mississippi waiting until 2013 to ratify the 13th amendment and what not.
Before someone gets their panties in a wad, that's a joke. The Ole Miss part that is, the 13th amendment part is very true.
-
Those people are probably locked up somewhere with the hundreds of kids you know that are better people than Tim Tebow. I'd be shocked if there was a single person (much less "some," much less the amount necessary for you to even bring it up in this discussion) that ever actually said to you out loud "I want southern football to be the best because I'm mad we lost the Civil War."
Maybe Ole Miss. What with them being the Rebels and Mississippi waiting until 2013 to ratify the 13th amendment and what not.
Before someone gets their panties in a wad, that's a joke. The Ole Miss part that is, the 13th amendment part is very true.
Maybe Ole Miss. What with them being the Rebels and Mississippi waiting until 2013 to ratify the 13th amendment and what not.
Before someone gets their panties in a wad, that's a joke. The Ole Miss part that is, the 13th amendment part is very true.
Everyone knows your a nutbag mother fucker anyway.
-
Maybe Ole Miss. What with them being the Rebels and Mississippi waiting until 2013 to ratify the 13th amendment and what not.
Before someone gets their panties in a wad, that's a joke. The Ole Miss part that is, the 13th amendment part is very true.
Everyone knows your a nutbag mother fucker anyway.
Everyone knows your a nutbag mother fucker anyway.
I sure did miss the Browns Board
-
Those people are probably locked up somewhere with the hundreds of kids you know that are better people than Tim Tebow. I'd be shocked if there was a single person (much less "some," much less the amount necessary for you to even bring it up in this discussion) that ever actually said to you out loud "I want southern football to be the best because I'm mad we lost the Civil War."
Maybe Ole Miss. What with them being the Rebels and Mississippi waiting until 2013 to ratify the 13th amendment and what not.
Before someone gets their panties in a wad, that's a joke. The Ole Miss part that is, the 13th amendment part is very true.
Maybe Ole Miss. What with them being the Rebels and Mississippi waiting until 2013 to ratify the 13th amendment and what not.
Before someone gets their panties in a wad, that's a joke. The Ole Miss part that is, the 13th amendment part is very true.
Not to split hairs here but they technically ratified it in 95, it was just certified in 13. Still the last state to do so, just saying.
Also, Ole Miss and Mississippi State have the two largest percentage of students that are black in the SEC, IIRC.
-
Those people are probably locked up somewhere with the hundreds of kids you know that are better people than Tim Tebow. I'd be shocked if there was a single person (much less "some," much less the amount necessary for you to even bring it up in this discussion) that ever actually said to you out loud "I want southern football to be the best because I'm mad we lost the Civil War."
Those people are probably locked up somewhere with the hundreds of kids you know that are better people than Tim Tebow. I'd be shocked if there was a single person (much less "some," much less the amount necessary for you to even bring it up in this discussion) that ever actually said to you out loud "I want southern football to be the best because I'm mad we lost the Civil War."
Like I said....ask Ballpeen. And I don't know if they would have made that exact statement...but there certainly are those there that think it is vindication for losing the war.
-
You have no basis to disagree. What I said was a fact. Some people think that way. I am not saying you do....but others in the more traditional south do.
(Texas is not really the south...even though it was part of the Confederacy. It is really part of the West. Or, maybe half is south and the other half west.) SA is the west.
That's like saying it's fact that people think Cleveland is shitty. Or it's fact that people think Tom Brady didn't cheat. Or it's fact that people think the moon is made from Kate Upton's tits.
Yes. There are probably people who think that. There are plenty of dumbass people in the world with plenty of dumbass opinions.
That's like saying it's fact that people think Cleveland is shitty. Or it's fact that people think Tom Brady didn't cheat. Or it's fact that people think the moon is made from Kate Upton's tits.
Yes. There are probably people who think that. There are plenty of dumbass people in the world with plenty of dumbass opinions.
That is all I said, that people think that. And I thought the moon was made of Kate Upton's ass, not her tits.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login