Skip to content

TP has been realesed by the Chiefs

Locked The Browns Board
173 33 4.8k
  • @wargograw said:

    So just curious, you think these kids should have a practically unlimited source of income through selling signed stuff? Let me go find Devin White, tell him to post something on EBay, and I'll bid 100K and tell him I'll do the same favor once he signs with A&M. Yeah, this should work.

    People criticize just to criticize, without realizing all the implications if they got their way.

    You already had a star play earn income selling his autograph, and then he got slapped on the wrist.

    Have them sold in controlled environments. Monitor for obviously specific fraud like that.

    I realize the SEC and others pays their players, but I see nothing wrong with them earn some money off of their own likeness. Bagmen are only a source of income at a few schools.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #52

    @mld-woody said:

    You already had a star play earn income selling his autograph, and then he got slapped on the wrist.

    Have them sold in controlled environments. Monitor for obviously specific fraud like that.

    I realize the SEC and others pays their players, but I see nothing wrong with them earn some money off of their own likeness. Bagmen are only a source of income at a few schools.

    this and making weed legal would solve all the probs in the NCAA and NFL.

  • @wargograw said:

    So just curious, you think these kids should have a practically unlimited source of income through selling signed stuff? Let me go find Devin White, tell him to post something on EBay, and I'll bid 100K and tell him I'll do the same favor once he signs with A&M. Yeah, this should work.

    People criticize just to criticize, without realizing all the implications if they got their way.

    You already had a star play earn income selling his autograph, and then he got slapped on the wrist.

    Have them sold in controlled environments. Monitor for obviously specific fraud like that.

    I realize the SEC and others pays their players, but I see nothing wrong with them earn some money off of their own likeness. Bagmen are only a source of income at a few schools.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @mld-woody said:

    You already had a star play earn income selling his autograph, and then he got slapped on the wrist.

    Have them sold in controlled environments. Monitor for obviously specific fraud like that.

    I realize the SEC and others pays their players, but I see nothing wrong with them earn some money off of their own likeness. Bagmen are only a source of income at a few schools.

    Ahh, because monitoring unspecific arbitrary definitions of "fraud" is easier than just catching them outright, which we all know the NCAA fails to do. Key is to strengthen the NCAA, not relax its rules.

  • @mld-woody said:

    You already had a star play earn income selling his autograph, and then he got slapped on the wrist.

    Have them sold in controlled environments. Monitor for obviously specific fraud like that.

    I realize the SEC and others pays their players, but I see nothing wrong with them earn some money off of their own likeness. Bagmen are only a source of income at a few schools.

    this and making weed legal would solve all the probs in the NCAA and NFL.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @miktoxic said:

    this and making weed legal would solve all the probs in the NCAA and NFL.

    Weed should be legal regardless.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I have said this on here before, and every time it comes up OSU fans miss the point.

    I agree that those NCAA rules were dumb as shit. Pryor and his bros should have been able to sell their own things. The NCAA is a horrible run organization. No matter how much you disagree with the rules though, they still exist. The issue came about when Tressel KNEW his players were ineligible, but did nothing about. Then later, he lied to the NCAA. THAT is where you should be lucky you got off how you did.

    Yes, those rules were BS, but after the actions of Pryor and co., I'd say you got off ok. It could have been much worse, and it allowed OSU to bounce back almost immediately (also Meyer being a fantastic coach).

    So....you are in favor of Tom Brady being suspended for much of next year because he committed a rules violation?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @the-gipper said:

    So....you are in favor of Tom Brady being suspended for much of next year because he committed a rules violation?

    If it is proven without a doubt that he directly called for the balls to be filled to a less than allowed PSI sure.

    And that's even ignoring the fact the majority of the QBs in the NFL probably want their footballs on the fringes of that PSI range or just out. Hell, Aaron Rodgers said he likes the ball over inflated

  • @mld-woody said:

    You already had a star play earn income selling his autograph, and then he got slapped on the wrist.

    Have them sold in controlled environments. Monitor for obviously specific fraud like that.

    I realize the SEC and others pays their players, but I see nothing wrong with them earn some money off of their own likeness. Bagmen are only a source of income at a few schools.

    Ahh, because monitoring unspecific arbitrary definitions of "fraud" is easier than just catching them outright, which we all know the NCAA fails to do. Key is to strengthen the NCAA, not relax its rules.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @wargograw said:

    Ahh, because monitoring unspecific arbitrary definitions of "fraud" is easier than just catching them outright, which we all know the NCAA fails to do. Key is to strengthen the NCAA, not relax its rules.

    The NCAA is a spineless POS. It caters to the SEC, ignores blatant rule breaking, and is very inconsistent in handing down punishment. The Power Five conferences need to enact their own legislating body.

    How about you allow the athletes to sell items, but cap that amount. Have the school control where and when they can sell the items, and have the school track the total amount?

    A "strong" NCAA would mean a very different recent history for OSU, A&M and the SEC as a whole.

  • @wargograw said:

    Ahh, because monitoring unspecific arbitrary definitions of "fraud" is easier than just catching them outright, which we all know the NCAA fails to do. Key is to strengthen the NCAA, not relax its rules.

    The NCAA is a spineless POS. It caters to the SEC, ignores blatant rule breaking, and is very inconsistent in handing down punishment. The Power Five conferences need to enact their own legislating body.

    How about you allow the athletes to sell items, but cap that amount. Have the school control where and when they can sell the items, and have the school track the total amount?

    A "strong" NCAA would mean a very different recent history for OSU, A&M and the SEC as a whole.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #57

    @mld-woody said:

    The NCAA is a spineless POS. It caters to the SEC, ignores blatant rule breaking, and is very inconsistent in handing down punishment. The Power Five conferences need to enact their own legislating body.

    How about you allow the athletes to sell items, but cap that amount. Have the school control where and when they can sell the items, and have the school track the total amount?

    A "strong" NCAA would mean a very different recent history for OSU, A&M and the SEC as a whole.

    No it wouldn't. But whatever makes you feel better. You're always the victim in life, huh?

    And I know you think I'm contradicting myself being an SEC fan and saying "strengthen the NCAA." I'm not. We'll be fine.

    Also, you rattle off your little list of grievances with the NCAA in your first paragraph, and rail on about how they're spineless, yet your solution is for their laws to be relaxed. Makes sense.

  • I just realized I spelled *released* wrong, I'm not sure if it is that important to change or not, but I couldn't find out how

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #58

    @columbusking said:

    I just realized I spelled *released* wrong, I'm not sure if it is that important to change or not, but I couldn't find out how

    Don't be too hard on yourself. Pryor has only been cut 3 times. You just haven't had enough practice yet.

  • @columbusking said:

    I just realized I spelled *released* wrong, I'm not sure if it is that important to change or not, but I couldn't find out how

    Don't be too hard on yourself. Pryor has only been cut 3 times. You just haven't had enough practice yet.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @flugel said:

    Don't be too hard on yourself. Pryor has only been cut 3 times. You just haven't had enough practice yet.

    He has only been cut twice 🙂

  • ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #60

    He is getting a workout with the Bungles, this is gonna come back to haunt us! Lol

  • @flugel said:

    Don't be too hard on yourself. Pryor has only been cut 3 times. You just haven't had enough practice yet.

    He has only been cut twice 🙂

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @columbusking said:

    He has only been cut twice 🙂

    Off the top of my head, Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks?

  • @columbusking said:

    He has only been cut twice 🙂

    Off the top of my head, Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @gftchris said:

    Off the top of my head, Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks?

    Actually, traded from the seahawks, for a 7th round pick. Much better than being cut.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #63

    That being said:

    In 2014, Pryor worked out for the Cincinnati Bengals, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, and Washington Redskins.

    So there's four more teams where he didn't even make it to the roster to be able to be cut.

  • @mld-woody said:

    The NCAA is a spineless POS. It caters to the SEC, ignores blatant rule breaking, and is very inconsistent in handing down punishment. The Power Five conferences need to enact their own legislating body.

    How about you allow the athletes to sell items, but cap that amount. Have the school control where and when they can sell the items, and have the school track the total amount?

    A "strong" NCAA would mean a very different recent history for OSU, A&M and the SEC as a whole.

    No it wouldn't. But whatever makes you feel better. You're always the victim in life, huh?

    And I know you think I'm contradicting myself being an SEC fan and saying "strengthen the NCAA." I'm not. We'll be fine.

    Also, you rattle off your little list of grievances with the NCAA in your first paragraph, and rail on about how they're spineless, yet your solution is for their laws to be relaxed. Makes sense.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @wargograw said:

    No it wouldn't. But whatever makes you feel better. You're always the victim in life, huh?

    And I know you think I'm contradicting myself being an SEC fan and saying "strengthen the NCAA." I'm not. We'll be fine.

    Also, you rattle off your little list of grievances with the NCAA in your first paragraph, and rail on about how they're spineless, yet your solution is for their laws to be relaxed. Makes sense.

    Wow, you Aggies haven't been part of the SEC for long, but you have the while thing down I see.

    The NCAA has pointless rules that mostly just harm student athletes. The SEC also has rules they refuse to enforce at key schools.

    The SEC has benefited from this for some time. This is one of a number of off the field factors that influenced their recent run of success. I could get into them all here if you like.

    The NCAA as a whole us a shit org though. It needs to be replaced.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #65

    Whereas you haven't been a part of the SEC at all, but you "have the whole thing down."

    I'm curious which conference rules aren't being enforced. We certainly are bound by them all the time. Didn't have a spring game this or last year because they won't let you hold them off campus.

  • @mld-woody said:

    The NCAA is a spineless POS. It caters to the SEC, ignores blatant rule breaking, and is very inconsistent in handing down punishment. The Power Five conferences need to enact their own legislating body.

    How about you allow the athletes to sell items, but cap that amount. Have the school control where and when they can sell the items, and have the school track the total amount?

    A "strong" NCAA would mean a very different recent history for OSU, A&M and the SEC as a whole.

    No it wouldn't. But whatever makes you feel better. You're always the victim in life, huh?

    And I know you think I'm contradicting myself being an SEC fan and saying "strengthen the NCAA." I'm not. We'll be fine.

    Also, you rattle off your little list of grievances with the NCAA in your first paragraph, and rail on about how they're spineless, yet your solution is for their laws to be relaxed. Makes sense.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @wargograw said:

    No it wouldn't. But whatever makes you feel better. You're always the victim in life, huh?

    And I know you think I'm contradicting myself being an SEC fan and saying "strengthen the NCAA." I'm not. We'll be fine.

    Also, you rattle off your little list of grievances with the NCAA in your first paragraph, and rail on about how they're spineless, yet your solution is for their laws to be relaxed. Makes sense.

    Why on fucking Earth would you be an "SEC" fan? You may be a fan of a team in the SEC....but the rest of that conference are your enemies. Why would you support your enemies?

    Do you support ISIS?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #67

    That's what makes it different, and the best.

  • That's what makes it different, and the best.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @wargograw said:

    That's what makes it different, and the best.

    Well, if you want to be a Quisling that is your right....and it is also your right to be shot for it. Just like Quisling.

    But whatever their best may be....its not good enough.

    blogger-image--1337385097.jpg

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Root for your conference opponents. Fuck that:

    45827_h.png?itok=BvouxtQI

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Got all the respect in the world for Ohio State. They do what needs to be done. They don't think college football is for saints like Woody does. I'm not gonna sit here and Listen to your dissertation on why OSU is awesome because I don't care to and I respect them. But rant away if you please. I know you will.

    And you don't root for them when you're playing them. Thought that was fairly obvious but of course I can't assume anything with you.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #71

    I root for all Big Ten teams (even Michigan) when they are playing out of conference - and I root for whatever Big Ten teams give OSU the best chance at a title when they play in conference.

    I want all Big Ten teams to win every game they play so that we can be as obnoxious as most SEC fans are when we talk about "the best conference".

    It's a college sports thing - because I blatantly root against AFC North teams that aren't the Browns.