Skip to content

TP has been realesed by the Chiefs

Locked The Browns Board
173 33 4.8k
  • Zombo said:

    I'm closeminded because I think rooting for your conference after you are eliminated is gay?

    And you are relating that to Southerners, because you think all southerners are closeminded?

    So you think I'm closeminded for making fun of a bunch of people that you think are closeminded ... but I'm sure you are openminded about thinking I'm closeminded, right?

    Very judgmental of you, Timmy. I'm thinking there was a lack of hugs in your family.

    Zombo

    Plenty of hugs. Also plenty of logical discussion, and very few homophobic quips..

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Plenty of hugs. Also plenty of logical discussion, and very few homophobic quips..

    Oh, you are upset because I used the word "gay'.

    Yet, you feel the entire South is closeminded.

    You apparently have it all figured out ... if only the rest of us could be so enlightened.

    Zombo

  • I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are. That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

    And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro. We're all very impressed. And ftr my avatar on the A&M boards is a Browns logo. Not meant to troll.

  • I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are. That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

    And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro. We're all very impressed. And ftr my avatar on the A&M boards is a Browns logo. Not meant to troll.

    @wargograw said:

    I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are.

    LOL, I'm not trying to bait you. I want to know why you think that makes it the best. I'm not a Big Ten guy waiting to shove some kind of superiority in your face. I just want to know why ... you don't have to tell me ... but that's weird.

    That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

    I never said that was my opinion. How is it an attack if I never said it? Are you just the most defensive person in the world? Or does my reputation precede me?

    And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro.

    This is hilarious. I never stated what your intentions were. So you are making up my intention, and then making up a joke i might say, and then responding to the joke I might say that you made up about my intention that I never stated.

    I think this is a first. But I'll give you a B- on the joke because I would never say "fag", that is offensive, you homo, and I don't know anything about Lake Erie college. But if it is an all girls school and your dad went there, he's brilliant.

    Oh .. and I know when you joined and why. Because I am the administrator. I'm the guy you sent the note to explaining your Browns history and Cleveland connection .. and I'm the guy who approved you.

    I just wanted to fucking know, from your perspective, why the fact that the SEC roots for itself is a reason onto itself of why it is the best conference. Was generally curious. But I probably got off on the wrong foot by saying rooting for a conference is gay. Like your dad.

    Zombo

  • Haha wow. You are adorable.

    A. You still haven't cited a single CONFERENCE rule that has been allowed to be broken without retribution. Either do so or concede you lied in this thread to advance your cause, in which case readers would be justified in doubting the rest of your claims as well.

    B. The fact you think UGA and UF haven't paid players in the eras of either of those coaches is laughable. It's like a girl from LSU that told me on a date once, "Les wouldn't cheat." I laughed out loud. Also, what have those coaches won? Not a thing (as far as conference or national championships).

    C. Outside of your first three items (which I think the NCAA should enforce better in legitimate cases, as I've said in this thread), your case is terrible. "Never leaving the south for a game," really?

    @wargograw said:

    Haha wow. You are adorable.

    A. You still haven't cited a single CONFERENCE rule that has been allowed to be broken without retribution. Either do so or concede you lied in this thread to advance your cause, in which case readers would be justified in doubting the rest of your claims as well.

    B. The fact you think UGA and UF haven't paid players in the eras of either of those coaches is laughable. It's like a girl from LSU that told me on a date once, "Les wouldn't cheat." I laughed out loud. Also, what have those coaches won? Not a thing (as far as conference or national championships).

    C. Outside of your first three items (which I think the NCAA should enforce better in legitimate cases, as I've said in this thread), your case is terrible. "Never leaving the south for a game," really?

    A.Let's make things clear.....a lot of the SEC teams look so good because of the cupcake non-conference schedules.

    Also....the SEC was far from the best conference this past year despite some teams having gawdy early season records (see A Above). Their record in bowl games wasn't so hot. And, in this last draft, the Pac12 had more higher players drafted than the SEC.....because apparently it had more talent

  • I'm sorry that you need to invoke irrelevant facts to try and prove a point....and still fail to do so.

    I'd answer your question, but I know you're just trolling. Not worth the keystrokes.

    @wargograw said:

    I'm sorry that you need to invoke irrelevant facts to try and prove a point....and still fail to do so.

    I'd answer your question, but I know you're just trolling. Not worth the keystrokes.

    What Zombo really is hinting at, and what guys like ballpeen have confirmed is that this "rooting for the SEC" phenomena is that somehow people in the south think that because they may have good football teams that it somehow makes up for losing the Civil War.....honest to fucking god. They think that "Dixie will rise again" if they win a football game.

    Of course what a lot of those people don't get is that it is the great great great grandsons of those slaves they fought so hard to keep that are winning them those football games. And it is these same g-g-g-sons that they wanted to deny rights to up until at least the 80s (and even some today). So, yes, the South has risen again.....the sons of the slaves of the south that is.

  • I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are. That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

    And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro. We're all very impressed. And ftr my avatar on the A&M boards is a Browns logo. Not meant to troll.

    @wargograw said:

    I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are. That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

    Well, if you won't answer him....answer it for me.....because I truly do not understand it. As noted, a TAMU fan rooting for Ark/Ala/GA/Fla. is like a Browns fan rooting for the Steelers or Ravens to me. In other words....anathema to my soul. I mean, yes, it does seem incestuous....and I would like to know why YOU do it. (assuming that is is not just "Dixie pride bullshit")

    And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro. We're all very impressed. And ftr my avatar on the A&M boards is a Browns logo. Not meant to troll.

  • Football was just equated to the Civil War.

    Only at the Browns board.

  • Everybody is different. I don't care what teams someone likes or not. I chose the Browns. The rest of the AFC North I hate and could care less about them. But thats me.

  • naked and afraid in texas.

  • In college Ohio State all the way for me. I started pulling for other Big 10 teams to win out of conference games though as people will tear down the Big 10 as being a weak conference when other Big 10 teams lose to non conference teams and that hurts the conference the Buckeyes play in.

    The exception was Michigan losing to Appalachian State. I really enjoyed that one.

    Former Michigan player: "Nearly half the team was stoned during Appalachian State loss"

    http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Former-Michigan-player-Nearly-half-the-team-was-stoned-during-A-10-2-3043

  • College teams have to do more than just win, they have to win against good teams. Every year there is a team with one loss or fewer that played a shit schedule so they're stuck on the outside looking in. If your conference is viewed as garbage good luck making the playoff.

    The NFL is a simple numbers game, no posturing or politics.

  • I don't remember having to submit an essay to join here. In fact I don't remember having to be approved.

  • Rooting for schoolboy football to the extent at which 'mature' adults do is gay.

    What you have 40. 50, and 60 year old men hurling "Michigan sucks" or "Ohio State sucks" insults at kids....the majority who will never play a down in the NFL, aren't making a dime, and are only there to get an education.

    It's a wonder venom isn't spewed by adults toward high school rivals as well. If rival college or high school kids want to lay down the smack at each other, that's fine.

    I save my venom for the pros...I have a right to bash overpaid millionaires that get to play a game for a living... and let them know they suck when they suck.

    And let the teams I hate know that they suck.

  • Rooting for schoolboy football to the extent at which 'mature' adults do is gay.

    What you have 40. 50, and 60 year old men hurling "Michigan sucks" or "Ohio State sucks" insults at kids....the majority who will never play a down in the NFL, aren't making a dime, and are only there to get an education.

    It's a wonder venom isn't spewed by adults toward high school rivals as well. If rival college or high school kids want to lay down the smack at each other, that's fine.

    I save my venom for the pros...I have a right to bash overpaid millionaires that get to play a game for a living... and let them know they suck when they suck.

    And let the teams I hate know that they suck.

    Stuart said:

    Rooting for schoolboy football to the extent at which 'mature' adults do is gay.

    What you have 40. 50, and 60 year old men hurling "Michigan sucks" or "Ohio State sucks" insults at kids....the majority who will never play a down in the NFL, aren't making a dime, and are only there to get an education.

    It's a wonder venom isn't spewed by adults toward high school rivals as well. If rival college or high school kids want to lay down the smack at each other, that's fine.

    I save my venom for the pros...I have a right to bash overpaid millionaires that get to play a game for a living... and let them know they suck when they suck.

    And let the teams I hate know that they suck.

    I get your point but you must not know some of the Michigan "fans" that I know. 😵

  • I don't remember having to submit an essay to join here. In fact I don't remember having to be approved.

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't remember having to submit an essay to join here. In fact I don't remember having to be approved.

    He was stuck in limbo for some reason, and he sent me a message asking me to approve him. For some reason people get stuck when they are trying to get approved, but the spam accounts seem to have no problems getting in.

    Zombo

  • @wargograw said:

    I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are.

    LOL, I'm not trying to bait you. I want to know why you think that makes it the best. I'm not a Big Ten guy waiting to shove some kind of superiority in your face. I just want to know why ... you don't have to tell me ... but that's weird.

    That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

    I never said that was my opinion. How is it an attack if I never said it? Are you just the most defensive person in the world? Or does my reputation precede me?

    And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro.

    This is hilarious. I never stated what your intentions were. So you are making up my intention, and then making up a joke i might say, and then responding to the joke I might say that you made up about my intention that I never stated.

    I think this is a first. But I'll give you a B- on the joke because I would never say "fag", that is offensive, you homo, and I don't know anything about Lake Erie college. But if it is an all girls school and your dad went there, he's brilliant.

    Oh .. and I know when you joined and why. Because I am the administrator. I'm the guy you sent the note to explaining your Browns history and Cleveland connection .. and I'm the guy who approved you.

    I just wanted to fucking know, from your perspective, why the fact that the SEC roots for itself is a reason onto itself of why it is the best conference. Was generally curious. But I probably got off on the wrong foot by saying rooting for a conference is gay. Like your dad.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    LOL, I'm not trying to bait you. I want to know why you think that makes it the best. I'm not a Big Ten guy waiting to shove some kind of superiority in your face. I just want to know why ... you don't have to tell me ... but that's weird.

    It's part of the overall culture within the conference. Outside of some direct rivalries, there's a respect level for our opponents there. We're all united in loving the South (however backwards you may find that). We're united in the realization that SEC football is a different brand and a different breed and, particularly lately, one that people are jealous of and seek to attack. There is also all throughout the conference a consistent theme of equality of members. In our last Big 12 contract, Texas was set to make the most TV money, A&M and OU were going to be in the next tier, then the other 7 lemmings we're going to eat the scraps. This was one of the main reasons we left the conference.

    I never said that was my opinion. How is it an attack if I never said it? Are you just the most defensive person in the world? Or does my reputation precede me?

    What am I, a douchebag? Quit blowing smoke up my rear. You know what you were trying to say. You implied it strongly. You were offended that I would accuse you of trolling since I'm a troll, apparently. If you're going to hit me with some cowardly "definition of 'is'" retort, then let's not waste each other's time.

    This is hilarious. I never stated what your intentions were. So you are making up my intention, and then making up a joke i might say, and then responding to the joke I might say that you made up about my intention that I never stated.

    Yes. Good way to stop trolls in their tracks. And again, you implied that my intentions were to troll the board as an Aggie. Or maybe you're just puffing your chest because you've been on a Browns board longer than I have and therefore I have no right to ever call you a troll (sound logic if I've ever seen it), in which case, whatever makes you feel better my man.

    I think this is a first. But I'll give you a B- on the joke because I would never say "fag", that is offensive, you homo, and I don't know anything about Lake Erie college. But if it is an all girls school and your dad went there, he's brilliant.

    Oh .. and I know when you joined and why. Because I am the administrator. I'm the guy you sent the note to explaining your Browns history and Cleveland connection .. and I'm the guy who approved you.

    So then why don't you quit busting my balls about having an A&M avatar? Forgot you were the one I messaged to get approval from.

    I just wanted to fucking know, from your perspective, why the fact that the SEC roots for itself is a reason onto itself of why it is the best conference. Was generally curious. But I probably got off on the wrong foot by saying rooting for a conference is gay. Like your dad.

    Zombo

    It's not a reason unto itself. It's just a reflection of the general attitudes fans have about the conference and it is those attitudes that make it strong and very structurally sound going forward.

    Hope the answers were satisfactory and my faith that you're not trolling doesn't come back to haunt me.

  • @wargograw said:

    Haha wow. You are adorable.

    A. You still haven't cited a single CONFERENCE rule that has been allowed to be broken without retribution. Either do so or concede you lied in this thread to advance your cause, in which case readers would be justified in doubting the rest of your claims as well.

    B. The fact you think UGA and UF haven't paid players in the eras of either of those coaches is laughable. It's like a girl from LSU that told me on a date once, "Les wouldn't cheat." I laughed out loud. Also, what have those coaches won? Not a thing (as far as conference or national championships).

    C. Outside of your first three items (which I think the NCAA should enforce better in legitimate cases, as I've said in this thread), your case is terrible. "Never leaving the south for a game," really?

    A.Let's make things clear.....a lot of the SEC teams look so good because of the cupcake non-conference schedules.

    Also....the SEC was far from the best conference this past year despite some teams having gawdy early season records (see A Above). Their record in bowl games wasn't so hot. And, in this last draft, the Pac12 had more higher players drafted than the SEC.....because apparently it had more talent

    @the-gipper said:

    A.Let's make things clear.....a lot of the SEC teams look so good because of the cupcake non-conference schedules.

    Also....the SEC was far from the best conference this past year despite some teams having gawdy early season records (see A Above). Their record in bowl games wasn't so hot. And, in this last draft, the Pac12 had more higher players drafted than the SEC.....because apparently it had more talent

    A. That's not clear nor is it accurate. We look good because we had the best bowl record almost a decade running and because we just won 7 straight crystal balls. Among other things.

    B. It had more upperclassmen talent, yes. Totally granted. We'll see how they do next year. IMO the SEC is slowly moving toward much more of a college basketballish "rent a player" model. No redshirts, three years for everyone, if you haven't proved yourself within two years you transfer.

    But regardless, you mention our apparently lousy bowl record last year when we were only #2 in the bowl standings, as opposed to our usual #1. Oh, whatever will we do with such a failure.

  • @wargograw said:

    I'm sorry that you need to invoke irrelevant facts to try and prove a point....and still fail to do so.

    I'd answer your question, but I know you're just trolling. Not worth the keystrokes.

    What Zombo really is hinting at, and what guys like ballpeen have confirmed is that this "rooting for the SEC" phenomena is that somehow people in the south think that because they may have good football teams that it somehow makes up for losing the Civil War.....honest to fucking god. They think that "Dixie will rise again" if they win a football game.

    Of course what a lot of those people don't get is that it is the great great great grandsons of those slaves they fought so hard to keep that are winning them those football games. And it is these same g-g-g-sons that they wanted to deny rights to up until at least the 80s (and even some today). So, yes, the South has risen again.....the sons of the slaves of the south that is.

    @the-gipper said:

    What Zombo really is hinting at, and what guys like ballpeen have confirmed is that this "rooting for the SEC" phenomena is that somehow people in the south think that because they may have good football teams that it somehow makes up for losing the Civil War.....honest to fucking god. They think that "Dixie will rise again" if they win a football game.

    Of course what a lot of those people don't get is that it is the great great great grandsons of those slaves they fought so hard to keep that are winning them those football games. And it is these same g-g-g-sons that they wanted to deny rights to up until at least the 80s (and even some today). So, yes, the South has risen again.....the sons of the slaves of the south that is.

    Yep. Nailed it, Gipper. We all just want the best football in the south to make up for losing the Civil War. You are so prescient. The only bad part is that sometimes when it's really hot in August I have to take off my hood and then it ruins the whole effect.

    Get real.

  • In college Ohio State all the way for me. I started pulling for other Big 10 teams to win out of conference games though as people will tear down the Big 10 as being a weak conference when other Big 10 teams lose to non conference teams and that hurts the conference the Buckeyes play in.

    The exception was Michigan losing to Appalachian State. I really enjoyed that one.

    Former Michigan player: "Nearly half the team was stoned during Appalachian State loss"

    http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Former-Michigan-player-Nearly-half-the-team-was-stoned-during-A-10-2-3043

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    In college Ohio State all the way for me. I started pulling for other Big 10 teams to win out of conference games though as people will tear down the Big 10 as being a weak conference when other Big 10 teams lose to non conference teams and that hurts the conference the Buckeyes play in.

    The exception was Michigan losing to Appalachian State. I really enjoyed that one.

    Former Michigan player: "Nearly half the team was stoned during Appalachian State loss"

    http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Former-Michigan-player-Nearly-half-the-team-was-stoned-during-A-10-2-3043

    Correct. I guess Ohio State fans currently have what they want. A watered down, terrible conference surrounding a really good Ohio State. Only problem with that is eventually the conference will lose enough respect that it will get the Big 12 treatment. You don't want that.

    I've always said the Big 10 was the #2 conference just because it is very structurally sound, great TV markets, huge stadiums, lots of tradition, etc. But it won't mean anything if they're continually poor on the field as a whole.

  • College teams have to do more than just win, they have to win against good teams. Every year there is a team with one loss or fewer that played a shit schedule so they're stuck on the outside looking in. If your conference is viewed as garbage good luck making the playoff.

    The NFL is a simple numbers game, no posturing or politics.

    @roycerolls said:

    College teams have to do more than just win, they have to win against good teams. Every year there is a team with one loss or fewer that played a shit schedule so they're stuck on the outside looking in. If your conference is viewed as garbage good luck making the playoff.

    The NFL is a simple numbers game, no posturing or politics.

    This. And us dumb rednecks just happened to figure it out before everyone else.