Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Farmer's draft... only the numbers

Farmer's draft... only the numbers

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
2 Posts 2 Posters 450 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • thenew23 thenew23T
    • 2k Posts
    • 233 Reputation
    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    In case anybody's interested, I ran our original 10 draft picks vs. the 12 picks we used based on the draft value chart to see how we made out. I was curious about some of the "trade downs" we did and I felt during the draft we were picking bottom-of-the-barrel quantity instead of what I thought we would do, which was trade up for fewer "higher-quality" guys.

    I know the draft is over, and I'm not complaining, of course I also wasn't overwhelmed, but I just thought I would post this as it satisfied some of my own curiosity. Not that it actually means anything on-the-field...

    *Scores are based on round position, NOT OVERALL, as the trade value chart does not account for compensatory picks*

    Original 10 picks:

    R1 P12 = 1200

    R1 P19 = 875

    R2 P11 = 470

    R3 P13 = 205

    R4 P12 = 78

    R4 P16 = 70

    R5 P11 = 36.5

    R6 P13 = 22.2

    R6 P26 = 17

    R7 P12 = 9.8

    Total = 2983.5

    12 picks we used:

    R1 P12 = 1200

    R1 P19 = 875

    R2 P19 = 390

    R3 P13 = 205

    R3 P32 = 116

    R4 P16 = 70

    R4 P24 = 54

    R6 P13 = 22.2

    R6 P19 = 19.8

    R6 P22 = 18.6

    R7 P2 = 13.8

    R7 P24 = 5

    Total = 2989.4

    All-in-all, we got 2 extra players that totaled an extra 5.9 in value, basically a late 7th (who we did turn into possibly one of the steals of the draft). I can't believe looking back that we drafted 5 players in rounds 6 and 7. I feel like 12 overall is too many, and many of those picks will ultimately prove to have been wasted if those guys cannot make the cut. Having said that, I am excited about all of the guys we drafted in rounds 1-4, and am curious to see which late rounders will develop...

    Only time will tell...

    #Justsayin'
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I ask in my recently posted survey to post your grade of the draft....so you can do that there. But here is my view: I am not so much worried about the trade value of what our picks were. I am interested in the quality of the players we actually took with those picks. We had this conversation elsewhere.....but the picks we actually made arguably contained between 7-9 of the Top 100 player available in a 256 pick draft. One team should really only expect 3-4 at most......the Browns doubled that.

      Whether these guys all pan out obviously remains an issue....but if only half of them do....that could still be better than any other team.

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      Theme
      • System
      • Light
      • Dark
      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Forums
      • Recent
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Donate