Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Chuck Booms....fired....Goldhammer next

Chuck Booms....fired....Goldhammer next

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
37 Posts 21 Posters 2.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 10k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://www.cleveland.com/tipoff/index.ssf/2015/05/chuck_booms_is_fired_from_923.html#incart_m-rpt-1

    Can we PLEASE,,,,,PLEASE,,,,PLEASE

    get rid of goldhammer.

    The sportstalk in this town is so bad

    Keep it local.

    "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • StinkHole StinkHoleS One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 3k Posts
      • 365 Reputation
      StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Cant stand Goldhammer...he has this propensity to let everyone know he is Jewish.

      Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • StinkHoleS StinkHole

        Cant stand Goldhammer...he has this propensity to let everyone know he is Jewish.

        Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 10k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
        #3

        Stuart said:

        Cant stand Goldhammer...he has this propensity to let everyone know he is Jewish.

        Don't care about that, he could be jewish, catholic or atheist

        He knows NOTHING about sports

        Let alone Cleveland sports

        One of the WORST hires by ANY radio station of all time

        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
        ManzierM 1 Reply Last reply
        πŸ‘
        Quote Reply
        • Opal312 Opal312O
          • 2k Posts
          • 100 Reputation
          Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          You should live in Tampa if you want to talk worst sports radio.

          DAMN THE TORPEDOES! FULL SPEED AHEAD!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
            • 39k Posts
            • 9k Reputation
            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
            #5

            I miss WHK.

            Pat McCabe and Less Levine.

            No idea how Booms was ever employed in the first place.

            WSS

            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
            The GipperT nickersN 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 7k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Yep...Hammers pretty bad(and so was Booms).....

              Cleveland sports radio is in the tank right now......basically unlistenable....

              Used to listen religiously, but now, not so much.....and NEVER when its hammertime....

              1 Reply Last reply
              πŸ‘
              Quote Reply
              • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 15k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I like the bull and fox show. I was somewhat surprised booms was fired but I didn't like him so I'm alright with it.

                Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ColumbusKing ColumbusKingC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 410 Posts
                  • 19 Reputation
                  ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I LOVE the Columbus sports talk, can't say much about what they have in Cleveland

                  dawg2fanD 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • thenew23 thenew23T
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 233 Reputation
                    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Cleveland radio is very "ANTI" everything Cleveland (of course, so are many of the fans). Good sports areas put optimistic, sometimes even obnoxious area homers on the radio and they praise everything their teams do. Cleveland media in general is very wary and instead of applauding the teams and their decisions, they second-guess every owner, FO, coach, player, etc... It gets old. The first time I've heard Cleveland homerism on the radio in a looonnnggg time has been this year with the Cavs, and I have to admit... I liked hearing it... They need to get the constant negativity off the radio, TV, internet and even out of the broadcast booth...

                    #Justsayin'
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    πŸ‘
                    Quote Reply
                    • W Westside Steve

                      I miss WHK.

                      Pat McCabe and Less Levine.

                      No idea how Booms was ever employed in the first place.

                      WSS

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @westside-steve said:

                      I miss WHK.

                      Pat McCabe and Less Levine.

                      No idea how Booms was ever employed in the first place.

                      WSS

                      I believe Levine still has show on 92.3.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Browns149B Browns149

                        Stuart said:

                        Cant stand Goldhammer...he has this propensity to let everyone know he is Jewish.

                        Don't care about that, he could be jewish, catholic or atheist

                        He knows NOTHING about sports

                        Let alone Cleveland sports

                        One of the WORST hires by ANY radio station of all time

                        Manzier ManzierM
                        • 853 Posts
                        • 125 Reputation
                        ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @browns149 said:

                        Don't care about that, he could be jewish, catholic or atheist

                        He knows NOTHING about sports

                        Let alone Cleveland sports

                        One of the WORST hires by ANY radio station of all time

                        He has to be buddies with the owner or something. Because he has no sports knowledge, no radio voice, no good topics and isnt even a cleveland guy.

                        He's a twerp figureskater from Denver who grew up worshiping John Elway. Its an insult to have this negative nelly taking shots at Cleveland every single day.

                        Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          The article didn't say why he was fired. Is it something he said? Contract issues. Because he "talked to a reporter". Because he has made his comedy career a priority? What foolishness. I thought he was fine.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • StinkHole StinkHoleS One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 3k Posts
                            • 365 Reputation
                            StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Any Cleveland fan that thinks Goldhammer is "on their side" is extremely naΓ―ve.

                            I can see right through his charade. He's a patronizer. He pretends to be a Cleveland fan on the outside, but on the inside he so badly wants Cleveland to lose.

                            Then he gets to put on his "outraged" act.

                            He has no radio voice...sounds like a punk kid that hasn't approached puberty yet.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            πŸ‘
                            Quote Reply
                            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                              • 64k Posts
                              • 8k Reputation
                              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Chuck Booms is a gravely voiced, ignorant ass with a big, fat mouth

                              and he can't stand not to listen to his own voice.

                              I hope he gets permanent laryngitis and nobody will give him a job

                              anywhere near a keyboard.

                              I hope he gets a gig on "Survivor", and they send him to exile island,

                              and leave him there for about five years, alone, with no electronics.

                              T 1 Reply Last reply
                              πŸ‘
                              Quote Reply
                              • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                • 39k Posts
                                • 9k Reputation
                                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                #15

                                To be fair to Goldhammer I heard a few minutes of him calling a Mac basketball game. I think that took more chops than I'd given him credit for. I assume most or many sports talk guys are kind of assigned their slant. Bitching usually stirs up more interest and that is their intent. I see a lot more negativity on Facebook when someone posts about the Browns.

                                Mark Munch Bishop is one of the most positive guys you could find. Too bad he has a shitty time slot.

                                WSS

                                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                lodiloboL 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • W Westside Steve

                                  To be fair to Goldhammer I heard a few minutes of him calling a Mac basketball game. I think that took more chops than I'd given him credit for. I assume most or many sports talk guys are kind of assigned their slant. Bitching usually stirs up more interest and that is their intent. I see a lot more negativity on Facebook when someone posts about the Browns.

                                  Mark Munch Bishop is one of the most positive guys you could find. Too bad he has a shitty time slot.

                                  WSS

                                  lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 676 Posts
                                  • 249 Reputation
                                  lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @westside-steve said:

                                  To be fair to Goldhammer I heard a few minutes of him calling a Mac basketball game. I think that took more chops than I'd given him credit for. I assume most or many sports talk guys are kind of assigned their slant. Bitching usually stirs up more interest and that is their intent. I see a lot more negativity on Facebook when someone posts about the Browns.

                                  Mark Munch Bishop is one of the most positive guys you could find. Too bad he has a shitty time slot.

                                  WSS

                                  McCabe was my favorite....Levine is good. He sometimes shows up on 92.3. Didn't care for Booms....too obnoxious....loud. know it all, actually knew nothing. Use to listen to Trivissono, but haven't in years. He became a prima donna, over paid, Knowledgeable, but when he was wrong, never could admit to it. Why do talk show hosts get like that after a few years? Same road Rizzo is going down. He used to be okay on WHK. Goldhammer tries, but doesn't have his own style. I try to listen to him when I can, but it's very difficult when he mimmicks Rizzo's style.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Sienn13 Sienn13S
                                    • 97 Posts
                                    • 6 Reputation
                                    Sienn13S Sienn13 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Goldhammer has to go, he is terrible. In regards to him getting the job, he openly admits his dad got him the job and probably is the only reason he is keeping it.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    πŸ‘
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • W Westside Steve

                                      I miss WHK.

                                      Pat McCabe and Less Levine.

                                      No idea how Booms was ever employed in the first place.

                                      WSS

                                      nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                      • 14k Posts
                                      • 5k Reputation
                                      nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @westside-steve said:

                                      I miss WHK.

                                      Pat McCabe and Less Levine.

                                      No idea how Booms was ever employed in the first place.

                                      WSS

                                      I cant stand Les Levine.. He's smug and talks down to people.. He's rude and he's stupid on top.

                                      Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                      StinkHoleS 1 Reply Last reply
                                      πŸ‘
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • C calfoxwc

                                        Chuck Booms is a gravely voiced, ignorant ass with a big, fat mouth

                                        and he can't stand not to listen to his own voice.

                                        I hope he gets permanent laryngitis and nobody will give him a job

                                        anywhere near a keyboard.

                                        I hope he gets a gig on "Survivor", and they send him to exile island,

                                        and leave him there for about five years, alone, with no electronics.

                                        The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                        • 15k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @calfoxwc said:

                                        Chuck Booms is a gravely voiced, ignorant ass with a big, fat mouth

                                        and he can't stand not to listen to his own voice.

                                        I hope he gets permanent laryngitis and nobody will give him a job

                                        anywhere near a keyboard.

                                        I hope he gets a gig on "Survivor", and they send him to exile island,

                                        and leave him there for about five years, alone, with no electronics.

                                        cal hates a fellow Obama hating right wing browns fan? Wha wha what?
                                        Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • ManzierM Manzier

                                          @browns149 said:

                                          Don't care about that, he could be jewish, catholic or atheist

                                          He knows NOTHING about sports

                                          Let alone Cleveland sports

                                          One of the WORST hires by ANY radio station of all time

                                          He has to be buddies with the owner or something. Because he has no sports knowledge, no radio voice, no good topics and isnt even a cleveland guy.

                                          He's a twerp figureskater from Denver who grew up worshiping John Elway. Its an insult to have this negative nelly taking shots at Cleveland every single day.

                                          Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 10k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @manzier said:

                                          He has to be buddies with the owner or something. Because he has no sports knowledge, no radio voice, no good topics and isnt even a cleveland guy.

                                          He's a twerp figureskater from Denver who grew up worshiping John Elway. Its an insult to have this negative nelly taking shots at Cleveland every single day.

                                          His father is friends with the owner of the station. And now he's the program director too. So he isn't going anywhere.

                                          It's OK for me though, I only have time to listen in the mornings, and he isn't on in the mornings anymore.

                                          "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate