Pro Football Titles by Market
-
Here is the ACTUAL list of the number of Pro Football titles won in each major market in the US. These include the NFL and leagues/teams that merged with the NFL:
Green Bay 13....all by the Packers
Cleveland/Ak/Cant. 13.....8 by Browns, 3 by Bulldogs, 1 by Rams, 1 by Pros
Chicago 11....9 by Bears, 2 by Cardinals
NY/NJ 9 ....8 by Giants, 1 by Jets
San Fran/Oak/SJ 7....5 by 49ers, 2 by Raiders
Dallas 6....5 by Cowboys, 1 by Texans
Pittsburgh 6 ...all by Steelers
Baltimore 5 ...3 by Colts, 2 by Ravens
Boston/NE 5 ...4 by Patriots, 1 by Prov. Steam Roller
Washington 5 ...all by Redskins
Detroit 4 ...all by Lions
Philadelphia 4 ...3 by Eagles, 1 by Frankford Yellow Jackets
Buffalo 2 ...all by Bills
Denver 2....by Broncos
Houston 2 ...by Oilers
LA/Anaheim 2 ...1 by Rams, 1 by Raiders
Miami 2 ... by Dolphins
Seattle 1...by Seahawks
Tampa Bay 1 ...by Buccaneers
San Diego 1 ...by Chargers
St. Louis 1 ....by Rams
New Orleans 1 ...by Saints
Kansas City 1 ...by Chiefs
Indianapolis 1 ...by Colts
-
Here is the ACTUAL list of the number of Pro Football titles won in each major market in the US. These include the NFL and leagues/teams that merged with the NFL:
Green Bay 13....all by the Packers
Cleveland/Ak/Cant. 13.....8 by Browns, 3 by Bulldogs, 1 by Rams, 1 by Pros
Chicago 11....9 by Bears, 2 by Cardinals
NY/NJ 9 ....8 by Giants, 1 by Jets
San Fran/Oak/SJ 7....5 by 49ers, 2 by Raiders
Dallas 6....5 by Cowboys, 1 by Texans
Pittsburgh 6 ...all by Steelers
Baltimore 5 ...3 by Colts, 2 by Ravens
Boston/NE 5 ...4 by Patriots, 1 by Prov. Steam Roller
Washington 5 ...all by Redskins
Detroit 4 ...all by Lions
Philadelphia 4 ...3 by Eagles, 1 by Frankford Yellow Jackets
Buffalo 2 ...all by Bills
Denver 2....by Broncos
Houston 2 ...by Oilers
LA/Anaheim 2 ...1 by Rams, 1 by Raiders
Miami 2 ... by Dolphins
Seattle 1...by Seahawks
Tampa Bay 1 ...by Buccaneers
San Diego 1 ...by Chargers
St. Louis 1 ....by Rams
New Orleans 1 ...by Saints
Kansas City 1 ...by Chiefs
Indianapolis 1 ...by Colts
Here is the ACTUAL list of the number of Pro Football titles won in each major market in the US. These include the NFL and leagues/teams that merged with the NFL:
Cleveland/Ak/Cant. 13.....8 by Browns, 3 by Bulldogs, 1 by Rams, 1 by Pros
And... I was alive to see... 0 out of 13...

-
Here is the ACTUAL list of the number of Pro Football titles won in each major market in the US. These include the NFL and leagues/teams that merged with the NFL:
Cleveland/Ak/Cant. 13.....8 by Browns, 3 by Bulldogs, 1 by Rams, 1 by Pros
And... I was alive to see... 0 out of 13...

And... I was alive to see... 0 out of 13...

I was alive for 3 of them.....but I was only cognizant of the one in 1964. I was 12. (and only 2 and 3 for the other 2).
Sunday December 27, 1964. Browns 27 Colts 0. Gary Collins catches 3 TD passes from Frank Ryan. It was blacked out locally, but the black and white rebroadcast of the game was aired the following Monday night. It got such good ratings that it is believed to have been the genesis of the concept of Monday Night Football.
-
Here is the ACTUAL list of the number of Pro Football titles won in each major market in the US. These include the NFL and leagues/teams that merged with the NFL:
Green Bay 13....all by the Packers
Cleveland/Ak/Cant. 13.....8 by Browns, 3 by Bulldogs, 1 by Rams, 1 by Pros
Chicago 11....9 by Bears, 2 by Cardinals
NY/NJ 9 ....8 by Giants, 1 by Jets
San Fran/Oak/SJ 7....5 by 49ers, 2 by Raiders
Dallas 6....5 by Cowboys, 1 by Texans
Pittsburgh 6 ...all by Steelers
Baltimore 5 ...3 by Colts, 2 by Ravens
Boston/NE 5 ...4 by Patriots, 1 by Prov. Steam Roller
Washington 5 ...all by Redskins
Detroit 4 ...all by Lions
Philadelphia 4 ...3 by Eagles, 1 by Frankford Yellow Jackets
Buffalo 2 ...all by Bills
Denver 2....by Broncos
Houston 2 ...by Oilers
LA/Anaheim 2 ...1 by Rams, 1 by Raiders
Miami 2 ... by Dolphins
Seattle 1...by Seahawks
Tampa Bay 1 ...by Buccaneers
San Diego 1 ...by Chargers
St. Louis 1 ....by Rams
New Orleans 1 ...by Saints
Kansas City 1 ...by Chiefs
Indianapolis 1 ...by Colts
Here is the ACTUAL list of the number of Pro Football titles won in each major market in the US. These include the NFL and leagues/teams that merged with the NFL:
As long as we are on that subject...I will state my own situation in regard to each team's titles:
Green Bay 13....all by the Packers
Alive for 7....but only remember 5. I was just a bit too young to remember 61 but I sorta, but not really remember 1962.
Cleveland/Ak/Cant. 13.....8 by Browns, 3 by Bulldogs, 1 by Rams, 1 by Pros
See above
Chicago 11....9 by Bears, 2 by Cardinals
I remember the Bears 1963 title.....really the first one I specifically remember...plus 1985. Cards win prior to birth.
NY/NJ 9 ....8 by Giants, 1 by Jets
Remember the Jets and 4 Super Bowl era Giants titles. Not 1956 though I was alive, and others pre-birth
San Fran/Oak/SJ 7....5 by 49ers, 2 by Raiders
Remember all....all won post high school.
Dallas 6....5 by Cowboys, 1 by Texans
Remember the 5 Cowboys...all post HS. But not the Texans 1962 title as just before I became "aware".
Pittsburgh 6 ...all by Steelers
Remember all...all post HS
Baltimore 5 ...3 by Colts, 2 by Ravens
All earned while I was alive...but do not remember 58/59 Colts titles. Remember 1970 Colts and of course Ravens.
Boston/NE 5 ...4 by Patriots, 1 by Prov. Steam Roller
Remember all the Pats....but not alive for 20s era Steam Roller
Washington 5 ...all by Redskins
3 Joe Gibbs era remember well. The other 2 pre-birth.
Detroit 4 ...all by Lions
Alive for 3 of them....but last one was when I was 5 years old.
Philadelphia 4 ...3 by Eagles, 1 by Frankford Yellow Jackets
Only 1960 Eagles title was I alive for....and do not remember it.
Buffalo 2 ...all by Bills
Remember both from 1964 and 1965
Denver 2....by Broncos
Both in 90s, remember
Houston 2 ...by Oilers
1960/61...both just before I became "aware".
LA/Anaheim 2 ...1 by Rams, 1 by Raiders
LA Rams won their only title about 15 days before I was born. Remember Raiders
Miami 2 ... by Dolphins
Remember both...both post HS.
Seattle 1...by Seahawks
Remember of course...I also remember them blowing one on the worst decison in American Sports history. Now, when was that?
Tampa Bay 1 ...by Buccaneers
Yes
San Diego 1 ...by Chargers
1963, this title and the Bears first ones I specifically recall.
St. Louis 1 ....by Rams
Yes
New Orleans 1 ...by Saints
Yes
Kansas City 1 ...by Chiefs
1969 title, Super Bowl won 4 days after I turned 18.
Indianapolis 1 ...by Colts
Yes
-
Top 10 cities with the most championships. How could they have forgotten about Cleveland???
http://www.therichest.com/sports/top-10-u-s-cities-with-the-most-pro-sports-championships/9/
1. NY 55
2. Bos 34..35 since the article was written
3. Chi 27
4. Det 22
5. LA 19
6. Phil 16
7. Pitt 14
8. St. Louis 13
9. GB 13
10. Bal 9
Baltimore should get the boot and Cleveland put in the 10 spot with 13 IMO.
In the following link the numbers are a tad different with some cities, plus they don't include Baltimore instead add San Fran and Oakland as one city.
Nevertheless another ranking that forgets all about Cleveland.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/06/06/top-10-cities-with-the-most-sports-championships
Gipper is pretty good with this shit, maybe he can explain why Cleveland isn't on the list...maybe these cities have won in modern times I dunno.
Now here's one that didn't forget about Cleveland.
-
Top 10 cities with the most championships. How could they have forgotten about Cleveland???
http://www.therichest.com/sports/top-10-u-s-cities-with-the-most-pro-sports-championships/9/
1. NY 55
2. Bos 34..35 since the article was written
3. Chi 27
4. Det 22
5. LA 19
6. Phil 16
7. Pitt 14
8. St. Louis 13
9. GB 13
10. Bal 9
Baltimore should get the boot and Cleveland put in the 10 spot with 13 IMO.
In the following link the numbers are a tad different with some cities, plus they don't include Baltimore instead add San Fran and Oakland as one city.
Nevertheless another ranking that forgets all about Cleveland.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/06/06/top-10-cities-with-the-most-sports-championships
Gipper is pretty good with this shit, maybe he can explain why Cleveland isn't on the list...maybe these cities have won in modern times I dunno.
Now here's one that didn't forget about Cleveland.
Stuart said:
Top 10 cities with the most championships. How could they have forgotten about Cleveland???
http://www.therichest.com/sports/top-10-u-s-cities-with-the-most-pro-sports-championships/9/
1. NY 55
2. Bos 34..35 since the article was written
3. Chi 27
4. Det 22
5. LA 19
6. Phil 16
7. Pitt 14
8. St. Louis 13
9. GB 13
10. Bal 9
Baltimore should get the boot and Cleveland put in the 10 spot with 13 IMO.
In the following link the numbers are a tad different with some cities, plus they don't include Baltimore instead add San Fran and Oakland as one city.
Nevertheless another ranking that forgets all about Cleveland.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/06/06/top-10-cities-with-the-most-sports-championships
Gipper is pretty good with this shit, maybe he can explain why Cleveland isn't on the list...maybe these cities have won in modern times I dunno.
Now here's one that didn't forget about Cleveland.
Some of these idiots do not count the AAFC titles perhaps. But, of course, they should. The AAFC merged with the NFL just like the AFL (maybe they don't count AFL either...or the WHA or maybe the ABA....all of which I include). They are missing something....as I have NYC with 59, not 55. And Boston has 37, not 35. (they may not include Providence....my count is by market....and Boston and Providence constitute the same TV market.)
And that may be the issue with Cleveland as well. I include a market.....and Akron and Canton are includable in the Cleveland market. These sources may not include these "Greater Cleveland" titles in with the Cleveland count.
Note that I also include San Fran, San Jose, Oakland as one market. They may not do that either.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login