Skip to content

New Duke Johnson Browns fans !

The Browns Board
20 16 1.3k
  • Our Roger Craig of 49er's:: Can jump Junk in OL Piles.. Can Catch a swing or screen pass like him... Now can he High Knee it to the Endzone ?? Go Duke

    @gumby73 said:

    Our Roger Craig of 49er's:: Can jump Junk in OL Piles.. Can Catch a swing or screen pass like him... Now can he High Knee it to the Endzone ?? Go Duke

    A lot of Greg Pruitt in him?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Our Roger Craig of 49er's:: Can jump Junk in OL Piles.. Can Catch a swing or screen pass like him... Now can he High Knee it to the Endzone ?? Go Duke

    A lot of Greg Pruitt in him?

    @the-gipper said:

    A lot of Greg Pruitt in him?

    Hopefully without the bad knees

  • He's going to be better than Darren Sproles

  • He's going to be better than Darren Sproles

    @opal312 said:

    He's going to be better than Darren Sproles

    I'll take him being equal to Sproles.

  • I'd say he is a lot more Greg Pruitt. Sproles was a 5'6" guy, 190.

    Greg Pruitt was 5'10", 190.

    Duke is 5'9", 210. He is going to be a rb other teams will wish they had, I think.

  • I'd say he is a lot more Greg Pruitt. Sproles was a 5'6" guy, 190.

    Greg Pruitt was 5'10", 190.

    Duke is 5'9", 210. He is going to be a rb other teams will wish they had, I think.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'd say he is a lot more Greg Pruitt. Sproles was a 5'6" guy, 190.

    Greg Pruitt was 5'10", 190.

    Duke is 5'9", 210. He is going to be a rb other teams will wish they had, I think.

    As opposed to you at 5'4" 220 lbs.

  • Duke Johnson. We finally have that guy!! U know the guy when he gets the ball the whole stadium goes DUUUUUUUKKKKKEEE.

    Very important guy to have and now we got him.

  • The three headed monster going for a grand a piece. Can't wait

  • SLEEPER: Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

    Cleveland Browns, Round 3, No. 77 overall

    The Browns might've landed the most natural runner in the 2015 class with the selection of Johnson in Round 3. The ex-Miami star is a spectacular cutback runner with outstanding vision, balance and body control in the hole. He has the ability to make defenders miss in tight areas or in space, while also flashing enough power to run through arm tackles. Furthermore, Johnson displays strong hands and ball skills as a receiver out of the backfield. Bottom line: This multi-skilled back could make Isaiah Crowell and Terrance West afterthoughts in the Browns' offense.

    Bucky Brooks at NFL.com

  • I'd say he is a lot more Greg Pruitt. Sproles was a 5'6" guy, 190.

    Greg Pruitt was 5'10", 190.

    Duke is 5'9", 210. He is going to be a rb other teams will wish they had, I think.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'd say he is a lot more Greg Pruitt. Sproles was a 5'6" guy, 190.

    Greg Pruitt was 5'10", 190.

    Duke is 5'9", 210. He is going to be a rb other teams will wish they had, I think.

    Totally agree Cal!

    Greg Pruitt was one of the strongest guys in the NFL pound for pound. I was so fascinated by this guy that ran through countless jerseys and held a Superstars weightlifting record forever (before a juiced up 270 lb Gastineau broke it). I read that Pruitt used to begin every single offseason with running off bodyfat/excess weight before he hit the weight again. He and Payton were so fun to watch; and their low center of gravity on top of their elite conditioning meant they never had to play at weights of 220 pounds. In Pruitt's case, he didn't want to sacrifice that top end speed he could outrun guys with great angles with so being at 190 lbs was his optimal performance goal. He was already the reason the NFL had to disallow tear away jerseys.

    Too bad about his knees...

    Anyway, Pruitt's ability to score from anywhere on the field definitely came to mind when I was watching "The Duke" put similar runs on film. Has anyone ever seen the movie Midnight Run with Roberts DeNiros and Charles Grodins? The irony of it is there were Bounty Hunters competing to catch an elusive guy called "The Duke." Here's a little video of moments in that movie:

  • When I see us drafting guys named Duke.. I get nervous.. Fair Hooker and Chip Glass were marginal at best.

  • He's the most explosive guy we have on the roster. I think Crowell is a bit overrated, he didn't play well the last 5-6 weeks of last year. We have a great pick here who can do lots of things and we are going to need to move him around to create mismatches and get the best out of him. A lot will depend on the OC.

  • Duke Johnson. We finally have that guy!! U know the guy when he gets the ball the whole stadium goes DUUUUUUUKKKKKEEE.

    Very important guy to have and now we got him.

    @cdl15 said:

    U know the guy when he gets the ball the whole stadium goes DUUUUUUUKKKKKEEE.

    lol.... the final piece...

    Just be sure to not say the "EEE" bit... cause that would be "DOOO-KEEEE"...

  • We can't lose-he brings attitude. πŸ˜›

  • While I think this guy will be a contributor, 5 to 10 touches a game is all I can expect from him at this point. Special teams is where he's needed most. I think we've seen enough of Benjamin.