Coach Mini-pressers: 08-09 May 2015
-
Pet: On rookies... sounds like Mayle is heading to the OR.
O'Neil: Stop the run theme
Flip: QB Coaching philosophy
-
I like O'Neil commenting on Cooper that, as a coaching staff, they felt he had the best first step in the draft.
I honestly don't know how I didn't get a chance to watch tape on him before the draft.
-
Pet: On rookies... sounds like Mayle is heading to the OR.
O'Neil: Stop the run theme
Flip: QB Coaching philosophy
-
I really enjoyed O'Neil's talk & sounds like Cooper is going to be fun to keep an eye on.
All these guys are light years ahead of the old dull, boring responses of the not too distant past, such as Romeo's weekly saying, "We're gonna try to win a game". I swear I wanted to jump through the TV screen & strangle him every time I heard that!
I just like the way these guys come across.
Mike
-
We're gonna have a very competitive team this coming season. Gonna scare some good teams real bad and take a few others down real bad. You can feel it. There is a change in the wind like nothing the Browns have had in years. Fun to be a fan of this team right now.
-
Pet: On rookies... sounds like Mayle is heading to the OR.
O'Neil: Stop the run theme
Flip: QB Coaching philosophy
Pet: On rookies... sounds like Mayle is heading to the OR.
O'Neil: Stop the run theme
Flip: QB Coaching philosophy
Much appreciated!
Isn't Pettine always a good interview? I liked hearing him say they expected the McCown level of performance he had in Chicago and the reasons the that have already been well stated by our fans in here.
Thought Jimmy O'Neil was great to listen to as well. Pertaining to Danny Shelton, I liked hearing what it means to push the pocket up inside in terms of what it does to a passer and how it helps defensive teammates (especially when we think of how many offenses have timing patterns predicated off the 3-5 set dropbacks). If that QB has to adjust even slightly to his right or left or add a step back - the timing and accuracy gets thrown off. Not only that, but if we have good press coverage or outstanding corner play outside - I look back to how the Jets were able to harass Brady when Pettine was their DC. I think it was Shelton's impact in game films that O'Neil was told ruined a lot of chances for top oline prospects in the Pac 12 to land a potential gig here.
I also didn't realize Ishy Kitchen played with a broken leg part of last season. If anyone wonders what playing with heart means - there you be. Very reliable when called upon in our rotation upfront. He's not looking for reasons to get off the field - he's finding reasons to stay on it like the example O'Neil spoke of.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login