Skip to content

Braylon Edwards busted for DUI (I scooped Walter on this)

The Browns Board
37 17 1.4k
  • @walterwhite said:

    2006 - Bowling Green State University, I fell down a flight of stairs at a frat party and was careflighted to St. Vincent Medical Center

    I blew a .37 and nearly died. I drank a case of beer during the day, a bottle of vodka in the evening and shots at night. I don't remember most of it.

    Walter- that's why I said in my previous post hard core alkys develop a tremendous tolerance to booze. The most memorable one was when they dragged this old guy into ER, after he drove his car into a pole. Remembered quite clearly what he did- with a booze level of .43

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @hoorta said:

    Walter- that's why I said in my previous post hard core alkys develop a tremendous tolerance to booze. The most memorable one was when they dragged this old guy into ER, after he drove his car into a pole. Remembered quite clearly what he did- with a booze level of .43

    Can't they legally operate on you without anesthesia if you get to a .38?

  • @hoorta said:

    Walter- that's why I said in my previous post hard core alkys develop a tremendous tolerance to booze. The most memorable one was when they dragged this old guy into ER, after he drove his car into a pole. Remembered quite clearly what he did- with a booze level of .43

    Can't they legally operate on you without anesthesia if you get to a .38?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @walterwhite said:

    Can't they legally operate on you without anesthesia if you get to a .38?

    Saw a guy in the ER once with over a .40. They had admitted him because it was so high. He was walking around and you would never guess he was drunk.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I got cured of ever drinking and driving the night a friend of mine got killed stopped at a red light by a guy who hit him from behind who was so drunk that he did not even remember driving when he woke up in jail the next morning. All he got was 10 years probation because he had a clean record up until that time. The one that got me happened here two weeks ago when a multiple dui offender hit a family from behind and killed all but one son and his mother in the car. Unforgivable for the justice system to have never put this guy away well before it cost so many lives.

    http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/news/2015/04/23/3-children-dead-in-liberty-hill-crash.html

  • I got cured of ever drinking and driving the night a friend of mine got killed stopped at a red light by a guy who hit him from behind who was so drunk that he did not even remember driving when he woke up in jail the next morning. All he got was 10 years probation because he had a clean record up until that time. The one that got me happened here two weeks ago when a multiple dui offender hit a family from behind and killed all but one son and his mother in the car. Unforgivable for the justice system to have never put this guy away well before it cost so many lives.

    http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/news/2015/04/23/3-children-dead-in-liberty-hill-crash.html

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @texasag1969 said:

    I got cured of ever drinking and driving the night a friend of mine got killed stopped at a red light by a guy who hit him from behind who was so drunk that he did not even remember driving when he woke up in jail the next morning. All he got was 10 years probation because he had a clean record up until that time. The one that got me happened here two weeks ago when a multiple dui offender hit a family from behind and killed all but one son and his mother in the car. Unforgivable for the justice system to have never put this guy away well before it cost so many lives.

    http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/news/2015/04/23/3-children-dead-in-liberty-hill-crash.html

    Maybe have all cars fitted with a breathalyzer that stops you driving if you're over the limit...but not the time/place for that discussion!

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I think if someone you personally know is killed or seriously injured as a result of drunk driving, your chances of doing it decrease incredibly.

    I don't get drunk as it is, but I would never drive drunk after having a high school friend die in an accident.

  • @comeonman said:

    Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son

    1. Not at all fat, in rather good shape.

    2. Stupid, that's subjective to many.

    3. Guilty, I love drinking. It's in my DNA

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @walterwhite said:

    1. Not at all fat, in rather good shape.

    2. Stupid, that's subjective to many.

    3. Guilty, I love drinking. It's in my DNA

    Animal House. Rent it, it's a great flick
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #31

  • @walterwhite said:

    2006 - Bowling Green State University, I fell down a flight of stairs at a frat party and was careflighted to St. Vincent Medical Center

    I blew a .37 and nearly died. I drank a case of beer during the day, a bottle of vodka in the evening and shots at night. I don't remember most of it.

    Walter- that's why I said in my previous post hard core alkys develop a tremendous tolerance to booze. The most memorable one was when they dragged this old guy into ER, after he drove his car into a pole. Remembered quite clearly what he did- with a booze level of .43

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #32

    @hoorta said:

    Walter- that's why I said in my previous post hard core alkys develop a tremendous tolerance to booze. The most memorable one was when they dragged this old guy into ER, after he drove his car into a pole. Remembered quite clearly what he did- with a booze level of .43

    As an attorney/magistrate I have seen a lot when it came to drunk driving....but the most flabbergasting one was where a guy came into my office with a DUI and when I saw his BAC reading I had to run over to the police station to try to assure myself that there had been some kind of a mistake....as I thought that such a BAC reading was impossible and that the machine had made some error or misprint. But after discussing it with the operator of the breathalyzer, apparently there was no mistake. This guy blew about a .67.

    I have never before or since seen anything like that. And this was a fairly young guy.....but he would drive around with a half gallon jug of vodka in his passenger seat drinking from it. Also oddly, this was his first offense.....and honestly there was no effort to "get him off", just to get him the best deal he could.

    I never saw him again after that (he was from out of town and stopped on the interstate) but it wouldn't surprise me if he died shortly after that. I don't know how he could have shaken his addiction. Funny thing is, he wasn't driving erratically actually.....he was stopped because he chose to use one of those turnarounds in the median of the highway that you are not supposed to use because he was from out of town and missed his turnoff.

  • @walterwhite said:

    2006 - Bowling Green State University, I fell down a flight of stairs at a frat party and was careflighted to St. Vincent Medical Center

    I blew a .37 and nearly died. I drank a case of beer during the day, a bottle of vodka in the evening and shots at night. I don't remember most of it.

    Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @comeonman said:

    Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son

    I got it...

    Walter, I've been giving this a lot of thought. From now on your name is Flounder...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #34

    hey if you wanna kill yourself, go ahead. just don't get behind the wheel and put everyone else in jeopardy. this from a guy that used to do it all the time, but was never arrested or stopped for that matter. when you think about the cost of a cab and weigh that with the cost of a lawyer, time involved, stress and shame..... $10 is cheap. let alone knowing you harmed or killed someone else because you were to selfish to think about anyone else in your little world.

  • hey if you wanna kill yourself, go ahead. just don't get behind the wheel and put everyone else in jeopardy. this from a guy that used to do it all the time, but was never arrested or stopped for that matter. when you think about the cost of a cab and weigh that with the cost of a lawyer, time involved, stress and shame..... $10 is cheap. let alone knowing you harmed or killed someone else because you were to selfish to think about anyone else in your little world.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @miktoxic said:

    hey if you wanna kill yourself, go ahead. just don't get behind the wheel and put everyone else in jeopardy. this from a guy that used to do it all the time, but was never arrested or stopped for that matter. when you think about the cost of a cab and weigh that with the cost of a lawyer, time involved, stress and shame..... $10 is cheap. let alone knowing you harmed or killed someone else because you were to selfish to think about anyone else in your little world.

    HA! Me too. Used to drive around San Diego with a rum and coke between my knees and a 12 pack of Coors on the passenger floor. Wouldn't think about driving after one drink now.

  • @miktoxic said:

    hey if you wanna kill yourself, go ahead. just don't get behind the wheel and put everyone else in jeopardy. this from a guy that used to do it all the time, but was never arrested or stopped for that matter. when you think about the cost of a cab and weigh that with the cost of a lawyer, time involved, stress and shame..... $10 is cheap. let alone knowing you harmed or killed someone else because you were to selfish to think about anyone else in your little world.

    HA! Me too. Used to drive around San Diego with a rum and coke between my knees and a 12 pack of Coors on the passenger floor. Wouldn't think about driving after one drink now.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    HA! Me too. Used to drive around San Diego with a rum and coke between my knees and a 12 pack of Coors on the passenger floor. Wouldn't think about driving after one drink now.

    Well as a former jet pilot friend of mine used to quote for me, "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots"

    Same applies to drunks and drivers: There are old drivers and there are drunk drivers, but there are no old drunk drivers. LOL 😁

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #37

    At least Edwards can catch a case.