Skip to content

2015 Browns Board All Time All Player Draft

The Browns Board
26 6 723
  • Here is something I am proposing to do on here: Do an All Time All player draft.

    Here is how I propose for it to work: Instead of using the 32 NFL teams, we create 10-12 teams of our own. The first 9 or 11 other people that agree to participate will form their own team can make up their own name for that team. (I do not want more than that as it would be unwieldly). If more people want to "play" then I would suggest that you team up. Once we have all 12 in place, I will draw a lottery to determine draft order. I promise to do it honestly.

    Then we will have a 6 round draft where any player skill player at the designated positions that has ever played in NFL history is eligible to be chosen! Each team must draft for the following positions:

    1 QB

    1 TE

    1 RB

    2 WRs

    1 Wild card offensive skill player....another RB/FR/WR/TE...even a backup QB is you wish

    This means, of course that you will have to keep track of what position you have picked and what you need.

    So? Does anyone want to play? Teaming up might be good as, while right we will need a time clock on picks...I am not sure right now what that would but some of us may have gaps in our ability to be on here...and will need help.

    My team will be known as The Gipper's Gorillaz

    (if we decide to do this, then perhaps the admins can pin the thread)

  • It's a good idea, and I'll pin it for you if you get enough guys, but 24 rounds too much for me.

    Zombo

  • It's a good idea, and I'll pin it for you if you get enough guys, but 24 rounds too much for me.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    It's a good idea, and I'll pin it for you if you get enough guys, but 24 rounds too much for me.

    Zombo

    That is why I say to do a whole team at each position. Once you are done with a position...you eliminate any further thought about that. Once you get your QB/RB etc. you are done with that slot....and can concentrate on the other positions.

    Think of it this way: There will be only 12 QBs taken. 24 WRs. 12 or so RBs. It won't be so hard once you break it down by position.

  • Zombo said:

    It's a good idea, and I'll pin it for you if you get enough guys, but 24 rounds too much for me.

    Zombo

    That is why I say to do a whole team at each position. Once you are done with a position...you eliminate any further thought about that. Once you get your QB/RB etc. you are done with that slot....and can concentrate on the other positions.

    Think of it this way: There will be only 12 QBs taken. 24 WRs. 12 or so RBs. It won't be so hard once you break it down by position.

    @the-gipper said:

    That is why I say to do a whole team at each position. Once you are done with a position...you eliminate any further thought about that. Once you get your QB/RB etc. you are done with that slot....and can concentrate on the other positions.

    Think of it this way: There will be only 12 QBs taken. 24 WRs. 12 or so RBs. It won't be so hard once you break it down by position.

    No I like that part of it, I'm just not on-line enough to participate the whole way through.

    Zombo

  • Well, this thread has gotten 23 views already and no one is jumping on board.

  • I'd have more interest in a current-players draft.

  • I'd have more interest in a current-players draft.

    @gftchris said:

    I'd have more interest in a current-players draft.

    That would make it harder to find decent players at all positions.

    Think about it.....we would need to draft 12 running backs. It would be hard to find 12 good RBs playing today....but if you could pick any one that ever played...the problem would be narrowing it down.

    How about if we do it this way to make it easier: We will just start off with offensive skill players.

    We will take 12 teams, and we will draft just the following positions (but we will do it from the pool of all players in history).

    1 QB

    1 RB

    1 TE

    2 WRs

    1 Wildcard offensive skill player

    That will just be 6 rounds....for a total of 72 players to be taken. Can we get a dozen takers now?

  • Id play

  • Id play

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Id play

    What would you want to call your team.

    And Z, could you do that with just 6 rounds....10 or 12 teams....just skill players?

  • I would do it but that "Browns Board Draft" took too much out of me....

  • I would do it but that "Browns Board Draft" took too much out of me....

    @columbusking said:

    I would do it but that "Browns Board Draft" took too much out of me....

    I think now this truncated version would be a lot easier. (How hard is it to come up with one of the 10-12 best QBs/RBs/WRs/TEs in history and choose one?

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Id play

    What would you want to call your team.

    And Z, could you do that with just 6 rounds....10 or 12 teams....just skill players?

    @the-gipper said:

    What would you want to call your team.

    And Z, could you do that with just 6 rounds....10 or 12 teams....just skill players?

    The CTE Symptoms
  • It's a good idea, and I'll pin it for you if you get enough guys, but 24 rounds too much for me.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    It's a good idea, and I'll pin it for you if you get enough guys, but 24 rounds too much for me.

    Zombo

    As noted, lets reduce it to 6.

  • Zombo said:

    It's a good idea, and I'll pin it for you if you get enough guys, but 24 rounds too much for me.

    Zombo

    As noted, lets reduce it to 6.

    @the-gipper said:

    As noted, lets reduce it to 6.

    OK.

    Zombo

  • I'll play

    It makes more sense with current players though. It would be more interesting and more relevant.

    I mean... This will just create the "how good were the players in 1970 really?" argument. Gipper will draft players currently in retirement homes, and I'll draft current players. My team would crush his, clearly. But then there will be that debate

  • I'll play

    It makes more sense with current players though. It would be more interesting and more relevant.

    I mean... This will just create the "how good were the players in 1970 really?" argument. Gipper will draft players currently in retirement homes, and I'll draft current players. My team would crush his, clearly. But then there will be that debate

    @mld-woody said:

    I'll play

    It makes more sense with current players though. It would be more interesting and more relevant.

    I mean... This will just create the "how good were the players in 1970 really?" argument. Gipper will draft players currently in retirement homes, and I'll draft current players. My team would crush his, clearly. But then there will be that debate

    What is your team name?

    And....you really know nothing. If we were drafting OL and DL etc.....given the weight training and nutrition the current OL/DL players would be bigger and stronger perhaps (but only if the older players were NOT given the same weight training).

    But we are drafting now only skill players....and the skill of players has NOT been enhanced since days prior....so everything is equal. Jim Brown is still bigger, faster, stronger than any RB playing today. Bob Hayes is faster than any WR playing today. Johnny U. is every bit the precision passer as any QB playing today.

    So...for your team....if you choose, you are welcome to choose only current day players. There is nothing stopping you from doing that.

  • So far we have:

    Gipper's Gorillas

    Zombo's Warriors

    CTE Symptoms

    Woody's Pencil Dicks....or whatever he chooses.

    Need at least 6 more participants.

  • Sure, I'd only draft players from the last decade. I assume that means they'd be in their prime?

    Why no defensive players?

  • I'd have more interest in a current-players draft.

    @gftchris said:

    I'd have more interest in a current-players draft.

    Chris, you wanna do our own?

  • Sure, I'd only draft players from the last decade. I assume that means they'd be in their prime?

    Why no defensive players?

    @mld-woody said:

    Sure, I'd only draft players from the last decade. I assume that means they'd be in their prime?

    Why no defensive players?

    You didn't see the OP before I edited it. I was going to do a full 24 man roster draft.....but the consensus was that would be way too much to try to keep up on...and I figured that 24 rounds probably was too intimidating. So I truncated it to do just an Offensive skill position, 6 round draft to suit the requests.