Skip to content

Michigan's fans & attendance is dwelling

College Football Forum
21 7 924
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Virginia Tech is their biggest non conference game....at Blacksburg.

    But...they really messed up their schedule. They have a game against Hawaii.....at home....in September! How dumb is that.....you need to schedule Hawaii as an away game...in December.

    Besides those two, it is two MAC teams. NIU and W. Michigan. NIU is no pushover.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Ohio State schedule:

    @Va Tech

    Hawaii

    NIU

    Western Michigan

    @Indiana

    Maryland

    Penn State

    @Rutgers

    Minnesota

    @Illinois

    Michigan State

    @Michigan

    Michigan schedule:

    @Utah

    Oregon State

    UNLV

    BYU

    @Maryland

    Northwestern

    Michigan State

    @Minnesota

    Rutgers

    @Indiana

    @Penn State

    Ohio State

    Both Ohio State and Michigan will have huge games on the road to open the season against teams that manhandled them last year. I still think the hardest game for both teams will be Michigan State because Connor Cook is really good and Michigan State is no pushover. I could also see Penn State being better this year. I see Ohio State running the table and I see Michigan losing to Utah, Michigan State, Penn State, and Minnesota

  • Virginia Tech is their biggest non conference game....at Blacksburg.

    But...they really messed up their schedule. They have a game against Hawaii.....at home....in September! How dumb is that.....you need to schedule Hawaii as an away game...in December.

    Besides those two, it is two MAC teams. NIU and W. Michigan. NIU is no pushover.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    Virginia Tech is their biggest non conference game....at Blacksburg.

    But...they really messed up their schedule. They have a game against Hawaii.....at home....in September! How dumb is that.....you need to schedule Hawaii as an away game...in December.

    Besides those two, it is two MAC teams. NIU and W. Michigan. NIU is no pushover.

    VaTech beating OSU was a huge fluke (obviously). Mostly a result of an inexperienced QB. I don't think they're a great team, but playing at VT is tough no matter what..

    I'm sure OSU would enjoy the massive loss of revenue involved in playing at Hawaii lol.

    W Michigan is definitely the best directional Michigan. IDK how good NIU is after Lynch left.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #14

    How the fuck does Notre Dame not play Michigan this year?

  • How the fuck does Notre Dame not play Michigan this year?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @walterwhite said:

    How the fuck does Notre Dame not play Michigan this year?

    Our series is over. For now at least.

    We had to play @ND, @MSU and @OSU last year, so at least that wont happen again.

  • @walterwhite said:

    How the fuck does Notre Dame not play Michigan this year?

    Our series is over. For now at least.

    We had to play @ND, @MSU and @OSU last year, so at least that wont happen again.

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mld-woody said:

    Our series is over. For now at least.

    The series is over? That's like one of the biggest game of the year and most televised, why the absolute fuck would they cancel that series?

    As an OSU fan I loved watching that game. I remember the night game in 2012 where Michigan scored 28 in the 4th quarter, one of the better games I watched in my life. Michigan won and I was at a bar in LA called Dillions Irish Pub full of Notre Dame fans and they all started going apeshit.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Our series is over. For now at least.

    The series is over? That's like one of the biggest game of the year and most televised, why the absolute fuck would they cancel that series?

    As an OSU fan I loved watching that game. I remember the night game in 2012 where Michigan scored 28 in the 4th quarter, one of the better games I watched in my life. Michigan won and I was at a bar in LA called Dillions Irish Pub full of Notre Dame fans and they all started going apeshit.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @walterwhite said:

    The series is over? That's like one of the biggest game of the year and most televised, why the absolute fuck would they cancel that series?

    As an OSU fan I loved watching that game. I remember the night game in 2012 where Michigan scored 28 in the 4th quarter, one of the better games I watched in my life. Michigan won and I was at a bar in LA called Dillions Irish Pub full of Notre Dame fans and they all started going apeshit.

    It was even better in the student section 😉

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Was it ND that cancelled the series?

  • Was it ND that cancelled the series?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @browns149 said:

    Was it ND that cancelled the series?

    The series was originally going to go to 2031. ND cancelled in 2012 (three year rolling period, needed to go through 2014 still) citing the need to play more ACC teams. But yeah, it came from their end, not ours.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Virginia Tech is their biggest non conference game....at Blacksburg.

    But...they really messed up their schedule. They have a game against Hawaii.....at home....in September! How dumb is that.....you need to schedule Hawaii as an away game...in December.

    Besides those two, it is two MAC teams. NIU and W. Michigan. NIU is no pushover.

    VaTech beating OSU was a huge fluke (obviously). Mostly a result of an inexperienced QB. I don't think they're a great team, but playing at VT is tough no matter what..

    I'm sure OSU would enjoy the massive loss of revenue involved in playing at Hawaii lol.

    W Michigan is definitely the best directional Michigan. IDK how good NIU is after Lynch left.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mld-woody said:

    VaTech beating OSU was a huge fluke (obviously). Mostly a result of an inexperienced QB. I don't think they're a great team, but playing at VT is tough no matter what..

    I'm sure OSU would enjoy the massive loss of revenue involved in playing at Hawaii lol.

    W Michigan is definitely the best directional Michigan. IDK how good NIU is after Lynch left.

    Lynch ...or QB?

    They have been a comparatively strong program for a while now (for their MAC level).

    I attribute that more to the coach than to the QB. They will probably continue to be tough.

  • Was it ND that cancelled the series?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @browns149 said:

    Was it ND that cancelled the series?

    ND pulled a Texas A&M.....because ND has "partially" joined the ACC....and is replacing some of its former "rivals" with new ACC games.