FIFA officials arrested in 'dawn raid' over FBI corruption investigation
-
I wonder what the guy that withdrew got.
The antidote, probably.
-
I wonder what the guy that withdrew got.
I believe he needed 2/3s in the first round but fell considerably short. To save face he withdrew, not uncommon I guess.
-
I wonder what the guy that withdrew got.
I believe he needed 2/3s in the first round but fell considerably short. To save face he withdrew, not uncommon I guess.
I believe he needed 2/3s in the first round but fell considerably short. To save face he withdrew, not uncommon I guess.
yeah pretty much. The election goes something like:
First round - if anyone gets a 2/3 majority they win, stop. Otherwise, eliminate candidates who got under x% of the vote (don't remember how much) and proceed to round 2.
Second round - if any of the remaining candidates get more than 50%, they win, stop. Otherwise, rinse and repeat by removing the lowest scoring candidate until someone gets a majority.
-
And this just in, South Africa made a $10m definitely-not-a-bribe-but-just-to-say-thanks-ahead-of-time payment to FIFA, to host the world cup in 2010, which in a completely unrelated turn of events was redistributed to the association of the head of the central america association, who then in an unforeseeable turn of events managed to convince all the members in his jurisdiction to vote for south africa.
Seems legit.
-
I know it probably doesn't get so much traction over there, but the world of soccer is currently thanking the FBI very, very much for having the balls to do what everyone else should have done a long time ago.
-
How Blatter has the front to not only not resign, but to again stand up and want to be re-elected is beyond me.
FIFA are a disgrace and the WC in Qatar the poster boy for it.
-
-
And this just in, South Africa made a $10m definitely-not-a-bribe-but-just-to-say-thanks-ahead-of-time payment to FIFA, to host the world cup in 2010, which in a completely unrelated turn of events was redistributed to the association of the head of the central america association, who then in an unforeseeable turn of events managed to convince all the members in his jurisdiction to vote for south africa.
Seems legit.
And this just in, South Africa made a $10m definitely-not-a-bribe-but-just-to-say-thanks-ahead-of-time payment to FIFA, to host the world cup in 2010, which in a completely unrelated turn of events was redistributed to the association of the head of the central america association, who then in an unforeseeable turn of events managed to convince all the members in his jurisdiction to vote for south africa.
Seems legit.
You say that money was paid to FIFA....but what I understand is that the payments in question went directly to the Administrators to the tune of millions of dollars.
-
I know it probably doesn't get so much traction over there, but the world of soccer is currently thanking the FBI very, very much for having the balls to do what everyone else should have done a long time ago.
I know it probably doesn't get so much traction over there, but the world of soccer is currently thanking the FBI very, very much for having the balls to do what everyone else should have done a long time ago.
The World of soccer may be giving thanks....but not the soccer world. If they did then Blatter would be aufed.
But....I hear that he may not be out of the woods yet in terms of indictment.
Though this very much has a Jimmy Haslam like ring to it, no? The underlings fall on their swords, the top guy gets to stay.
-
And this just in, South Africa made a $10m definitely-not-a-bribe-but-just-to-say-thanks-ahead-of-time payment to FIFA, to host the world cup in 2010, which in a completely unrelated turn of events was redistributed to the association of the head of the central america association, who then in an unforeseeable turn of events managed to convince all the members in his jurisdiction to vote for south africa.
Seems legit.
You say that money was paid to FIFA....but what I understand is that the payments in question went directly to the Administrators to the tune of millions of dollars.
You say that money was paid to FIFA....but what I understand is that the payments in question went directly to the Administrators to the tune of millions of dollars.
The money was withheld from a payment by FIFA to the SA FA. That money was then re-distributed, at the request of the SA FA to Jack Warner and concacaf.
-
Criminal.
-
Criminal.
Criminal.
That's what the FBI is trying to show.
-
Sepp Blatter, president for the last ~20 years and main 'Jimmy Haslam clone' at FIFA is resigning. I know most of you don't know how amazing this news is, but everybody I know is so, so happy with this.
-
Sepp Blatter, president for the last ~20 years and main 'Jimmy Haslam clone' at FIFA is resigning. I know most of you don't know how amazing this news is, but everybody I know is so, so happy with this.
Sepp Blatter, president for the last ~20 years and main 'Jimmy Haslam clone' at FIFA is resigning. I know most of you don't know how amazing this news is, but everybody I know is so, so happy with this.
So, you say Blatter is stepping down?
Who is going to replace him? Ali Haji Sheikh? (Ask Woody why that would make him happy).
-
Sepp Blatter, president for the last ~20 years and main 'Jimmy Haslam clone' at FIFA is resigning. I know most of you don't know how amazing this news is, but everybody I know is so, so happy with this.
So, you say Blatter is stepping down?
Who is going to replace him? Ali Haji Sheikh? (Ask Woody why that would make him happy).
So, you say Blatter is stepping down?
Who is going to replace him? Ali Haji Sheikh? (Ask Woody why that would make him happy).
There will be an election later this year to determine his successor. Presumably it'll go to the guy that pulled out last minute this time, Prince Ali ababwa bin al-hussein.
-
Sepp Blatter, president for the last ~20 years and main 'Jimmy Haslam clone' at FIFA is resigning. I know most of you don't know how amazing this news is, but everybody I know is so, so happy with this.
Sepp Blatter, president for the last ~20 years and main 'Jimmy Haslam clone' at FIFA is resigning. I know most of you don't know how amazing this news is, but everybody I know is so, so happy with this.
Blatter seems to be a prideful punk but FIFA did very well under his direction. He has pushed the right buttons even if he got paid while doing it. Corruption, while not the best or most fair plan, often times get things done efficiently.
-
Now, lets get the 2022 world cup in the US.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login