Skip to content

My proposal?

The Browns Board
4 4 612
  • If we can't trade down with our 5th, we go the safe route and take a RT. We try to trade DA for a 2nt, if we can, its used on a LB or WR. If we can't, he is kept. We draft the best available in the 2nt according to needs. We then sign a cheap backup QB. With our improved line there is less chance of a Quinn injury. So im chancing Quinn will not get injured in exchange for a DA 2nt round trade. Perhaps we cut Jamal and sign the best but cost effective FA and address RB next year but that depends how it effects the cap. If that can't be done, Harrison gets to carry the load and Jamal is the short yardage RB. Just my 2 cents.

  • Well, we just gave Lewis a $4+ million bonus last week so cutting him is out of the question. I would say RT would be great and give the QB more time. He will need it because he doesn't have anybody to throw the ball to. Also being strong at the outside of the line is great but a lot of the pressure on the QB came straight up the middle last year. We need a center who can hold the point of attack and also get off a block and get to the second level on running plays.

    Before RT I'd say we need OLB, SS, WR and Center first. We just signed St Clair, Womack and have Tucker back. Yes, they are stopgaps but we need to concentrate on the position with greater needs.

  • I also don't think you draft a RT with the #5 overall pick in the draft.

  • Please name 1 RT worth the 5th pick and I may agree but I don't see any