Skip to content

Wonderlic scores

The Browns Board
27 15 1.7k
  • Clay Matthews scored 27

    Another reason why I would draft him. He wont be around in the 2nd. round. This boy is a Old School football player and the GM that drafts him will be considered a genius.

    @mr.-t said:

    Clay Matthews scored 27

    Another reason why I would draft him. He wont be around in the 2nd. round. This boy is a Old School football player and the GM that drafts him will be considered a genius.

    It's hard not to take a liking to C3 as a Browns fan. Despite his pedigree, he walked on at SC, worked like a dog, and became what he is. There's something that feels right about a guy like that.

    If we don't take a LB with the 5th overall pick and Clay is there in round 2, I think the Browns would be nuts to pass up on him. A massive PR win while filling a huge team need, especially if we run a 3-4 D.

  • I'm curious to know how this test was developed and by whom.

    Do individual teams keep records and analyze the success of their players relative to these scores?

  • DA's test was a paint by numbers project

  • DA's test was a paint by numbers project

    @listercat said:

    DA's test was a paint by numbers project

    Well that probably did not work out so well either, because I think he is color blind since he consistently throws balls to the other team's players wearing the opposite jersey!!

  • @listercat said:

    DA's test was a paint by numbers project

    Well that probably did not work out so well either, because I think he is color blind since he consistently throws balls to the other team's players wearing the opposite jersey!!

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Well that probably did not work out so well either, because I think he is color blind since he consistently throws balls to the other team's players wearing the opposite jersey!!

    True or straight into the ground like a three year old

  • @hammertime said:

    I didn't realize these scores were available to the public, can they be archived to show past scores compared to nfl performance?

    Here is one showing qb scores going back to Bradshaw.

    http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

    Here is one showing some of last years players....a few Browns included

    http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/03/23/...nderlic-scores/

    @ballpeen said:

    Here is one showing qb scores going back to Bradshaw.

    http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

    Here is one showing some of last years players....a few Browns included

    http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/03/23/...nderlic-scores/

    Lets just hope Wonderlic scores only measure how well the candidate performs on the Wonderlic Test. That QB score site shows some pretty frightening numbers from 2005.

    Frye doubled Drive Assassin's score of 19. 😮

  • Offensive tackles: None of the tackles were too far off the acceptable mark. Andre Smith of Alabama scored 17, which is borderline. Faring much better was Arizona's Eben Britton with 31. Others: Eugene Monroe of Virginia had 24, Jason Smith of Baylor 23 and Michael Oher of Mississippi 19.

    O-lineman are known to be smart and many coaches lean towards smart lineman, so Smith's 17 is very low. Anyone who read "The Blind Side" will know Oher had a very rough start and struggled mightly with school. For Oher to get a 19 and Smith to score lower is interesting. Oher's 19 is probably better than most expected and helps him.

    @oconrecon said:

    Offensive tackles: None of the tackles were too far off the acceptable mark. Andre Smith of Alabama scored 17, which is borderline. Faring much better was Arizona's Eben Britton with 31. Others: Eugene Monroe of Virginia had 24, Jason Smith of Baylor 23 and Michael Oher of Mississippi 19.

    O-lineman are known to be smart and many coaches lean towards smart lineman, so Smith's 17 is very low. Anyone who read "The Blind Side" will know Oher had a very rough start and struggled mightly with school. For Oher to get a 19 and Smith to score lower is interesting. Oher's 19 is probably better than most expected and helps him.

    I think you're right. Even though it's just a 19, there's probably not a prospect whose score did more for him than Oher.

  • I know in another thread, which I cannot find, that there was mention of possibly drafting us a center. I mentioned about AQ Shipley, who was the Rimington Award winner this past season as the top center in D-1. Yes, he is a PSU player, but I am pushing that aside. A few people chimed in and mentioned that they would not mind having this kid.

    On his blog, he mentioned taking the Wonderlic and would be reporting his score when he found out.

    It's out.

    He scored a 40.

    TIFWIW

  • @legacy-fan said:

    I'm actually impressed with Rey's score. After his impromptu Erin Andrews' shenanigans, I would have bet the farm on a single digit Wonderlic.

    Charlie Wonderlic Jr., president of Wonderlic Inc. said:

    A score of 10 is literacy, that's about all we can say.

    What does this say about geniuses like Mario Manningham, Frank Gore and Vince Young? They all reportedly scored under ten. Are they literally illiterate???

    mz. said:

    What does this say about geniuses like Mario Manningham, Frank Gore and Vince Young? They all reportedly scored under ten. Are they literally illiterate???

    Well, Gore is a RB. You don't have to be all that bright. Also a 3rd round pick.

    Vince Young crapped the bed and got benched not only this past season but for the near future. Plus has shown so far he can't read a D to save his life.

    Manningham had a total of 4 catches last season as a 3rd round pick.

    So 1 out of those 3 has had success. The only 1st rounder in that list to date is a huge flop.

  • I wouldn't get too hung up on the scores.

    Obviously you can't have a moron out there, but it doesn't take all that much to play the game. Scoring a 40 isn't going to make someone a better player, and a low score isn't going to diminish that ability.

  • I wouldn't get too hung up on the scores.

    Obviously you can't have a moron out there, but it doesn't take all that much to play the game. Scoring a 40 isn't going to make someone a better player, and a low score isn't going to diminish that ability.

    @ballpeen said:

    I wouldn't get too hung up on the scores.

    Obviously you can't have a moron out there, but it doesn't take all that much to play the game. Scoring a 40 isn't going to make someone a better player, and a low score isn't going to diminish that ability.

    You can't get too hung up, but there is value in the test, or they wouldn't even bother.

    You want to be picking high a QB who scores in the low teens or single digits and expect high results at the position (see Vince Young). But there are exceptions like Alex Smith who scored a 40 yet is a horrible pro QB.

  • All I have to see is Ryan Leaf with a 27 to know the test is NOT perfect.

    I just think this test is more an APTITUDE rather than INTELLIGENCE test.

    Mike

  • All I have to see is Ryan Leaf with a 27 to know the test is NOT perfect.

    I just think this test is more an APTITUDE rather than INTELLIGENCE test.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    All I have to see is Ryan Leaf with a 27 to know the test is NOT perfect.

    I just think this test is more an APTITUDE rather than INTELLIGENCE test.

    Mike

    Exactly...sure....QB's you like a bit higher since they have to process information quickly.

    Other positions it isn't as critical. It isn't like a guy who scores a 14 can't figure our what 6x6 is...they just don't do it as quickly as someone who scores 32.