Skip to content

Vince Mayle = Braylon Edwards 2.0 (fixed)

The Browns Board
65 22 3.5k
  • When I saw the thread title, I thought for sure Mayle was popped for pot.......... Whew!

  • That's a pretty big coincidence if true.

  • When I saw the thread title, I thought for sure Mayle was popped for pot.......... Whew!

    @d-bone said:

    When I saw the thread title, I thought for sure Mayle was popped for pot.......... Whew!

    This was my exact expectation. I was worried.

  • Nah, he doesn't have the history, he has a lot of character,

    and he's a very smart kid.

    No worries.

  • Geez guys, title change. Had a mini heart attack

  • Just like everyone else....got my fingers crossed on Mayle.....hoping for big things from him.....

  • Maybe similar size and build as Gordon....but I didn't think Mayle was supposed to have anywhere the speed that Gordon has? Anyone got stats on that?

  • Maybe similar size and build as Gordon....but I didn't think Mayle was supposed to have anywhere the speed that Gordon has? Anyone got stats on that?

    @the-gipper said:

    Maybe similar size and build as Gordon....but I didn't think Mayle was supposed to have anywhere the speed that Gordon has? Anyone got stats on that?

    they are both 4.5ish 40 runners.....same speed basically.....

    Game speed?.....who knows....

  • @the-gipper said:

    Maybe similar size and build as Gordon....but I didn't think Mayle was supposed to have anywhere the speed that Gordon has? Anyone got stats on that?

    they are both 4.5ish 40 runners.....same speed basically.....

    Game speed?.....who knows....

    @mudfly said:

    they are both 4.5ish 40 runners.....same speed basically.....

    Game speed?.....who knows....

    Hmmmm? I understood that Mayle was not drafted earlier because he was thought to be somewhat "slow". Is 4.5 slow for a WR? Or middle range?

  • Neither, it's fast. Just not freakish.

  • @mudfly said:

    they are both 4.5ish 40 runners.....same speed basically.....

    Game speed?.....who knows....

    Hmmmm? I understood that Mayle was not drafted earlier because he was thought to be somewhat "slow". Is 4.5 slow for a WR? Or middle range?

    @the-gipper said:

    Hmmmm? I understood that Mayle was not drafted earlier because he was thought to be somewhat "slow". Is 4.5 slow for a WR? Or middle range?

    I wouldnt say it's slow....especially for a bigger WR......burners are 4.2ish, but he's not supposed to be that.....

    Dez Bryant and AJ greene are a couple of 4.5 guys, so Id say it's at least average for a larger receiver.....

    .

  • @the-gipper said:

    Hmmmm? I understood that Mayle was not drafted earlier because he was thought to be somewhat "slow". Is 4.5 slow for a WR? Or middle range?

    I wouldnt say it's slow....especially for a bigger WR......burners are 4.2ish, but he's not supposed to be that.....

    Dez Bryant and AJ greene are a couple of 4.5 guys, so Id say it's at least average for a larger receiver.....

    .

    @mudfly said:

    I wouldnt say it's slow....especially for a bigger WR......burners are 4.2ish, but he's not supposed to be that.....

    Dez Bryant and AJ greene are a couple of 4.5 guys, so Id say it's at least average for a larger receiver.....

    .

    Well, let's see, on here he has been compared to Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant and AJ Greene. Are we perhaps going overboard a bit on him? I certainly hope that it would turn out to be that way.

  • Ha!....Im not even close to comparing him to those guys......dont know how you got that....you asked how fast and I compared his speed to theirs....which isnt going overboard, it's just a factual stat offered to answer your question...

  • @mudfly said:

    I wouldnt say it's slow....especially for a bigger WR......burners are 4.2ish, but he's not supposed to be that.....

    Dez Bryant and AJ greene are a couple of 4.5 guys, so Id say it's at least average for a larger receiver.....

    .

    Well, let's see, on here he has been compared to Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant and AJ Greene. Are we perhaps going overboard a bit on him? I certainly hope that it would turn out to be that way.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, let's see, on here he has been compared to Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant and AJ Greene. Are we perhaps going overboard a bit on him? I certainly hope that it would turn out to be that way.

    Watching Mayle tape, What I like, he works to get open than when the ball is up Mayle has the fight of Dez and AJ to go get the damn ball. Compared to Josh long jogging strides, a pleasant site could be on the way with playing time.

  • Remember when Steptoe was Braylon 2.0? (talent-wise)

  • Mayle ran a 4.67 at the combine to Gordon's 4.53 at his 2012 Pro Day.

  • Mayle ran a 4.67 at the combine to Gordon's 4.53 at his 2012 Pro Day.

    @baconhound said:

    Mayle ran a 4.67 at the combine to Gordon's 4.53 at his 2012 Pro Day.

    gordon's pro day coming off his 2nd failed drug test?

    i'll take the .14 difference all day long from a guy that isn't going to fuck his team.

  • The comparison is in both Josh and Vince's first few steps and the smooth stride. You don't see much wasted motion with either of them.

  • Mayle ran a 4.67 at the combine to Gordon's 4.53 at his 2012 Pro Day.

    @baconhound said:

    Mayle ran a 4.67 at the combine to Gordon's 4.53 at his 2012 Pro Day.

    Yeah he did... and it was his first ever 40 and was disappointing.....

    so he ran again and had a 4.56 and a 4.52......

  • @baconhound said:

    Mayle ran a 4.67 at the combine to Gordon's 4.53 at his 2012 Pro Day.

    Yeah he did... and it was his first ever 40 and was disappointing.....

    so he ran again and had a 4.56 and a 4.52......

    @mudfly said:

    Yeah he did... and it was his first ever 40 and was disappointing.....

    so he ran again and had a 4.56 and a 4.52......

    Pro Day numbers?