Skip to content

Terrelle Pryor Claimed By Browns

The Browns Board
134 31 4.8k
  • @calfoxwc said:

    Richie. Rich4Eagle is the guy, the black hat.

    He was fun to argue with. Well, also, easy to argue with.

    And he's a steeler fan. Anybody second the nomination?

    I am certainly not under the impression that Rich is banned. I think he just hasn't posted much lately. I also believe Ghoolie's ban has been lifted...no?

    @the-gipper said:

    I am certainly not under the impression that Rich is banned. I think he just hasn't posted much lately. I also believe Ghoolie's ban has been lifted...no?

    Ya they are not banned, just busy ... today was a big day for them, I'm sure they are making plans.

    Zombo

    --I wonder which one will wear the white dress?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am certainly not under the impression that Rich is banned. I think he just hasn't posted much lately. I also believe Ghoolie's ban has been lifted...no?

    Ya they are not banned, just busy ... today was a big day for them, I'm sure they are making plans.

    Zombo

    --I wonder which one will wear the white dress?

    Zombo said:

    Ya they are not banned, just busy ... today was a big day for them, I'm sure they are making plans.

    Zombo

    --I wonder which one will wear the white dress?

    Ghoolie without a doubt
  • I'd be in favor of bringing back Stockton. Especially since his guy had to enter rehab before finishing a full year as a professional player. If that doesn't entitle you to a healthy serving of crow, then I just don't know what would.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am certainly not under the impression that Rich is banned. I think he just hasn't posted much lately. I also believe Ghoolie's ban has been lifted...no?

    Ya they are not banned, just busy ... today was a big day for them, I'm sure they are making plans.

    Zombo

    --I wonder which one will wear the white dress?

    Zombo said:

    Ya they are not banned, just busy ... today was a big day for them, I'm sure they are making plans.

    Zombo

    --I wonder which one will wear the white dress?

    Oh, Ghoolie will be in the dress. That much is certain.

  • Maybe he can go to Canada with Michael SAMs. This guy screwed up his mojo when he promised to return to Ohio State after "tattoo gate" and bolted for the supplemental draft. No thanks!

  • @hoorta said:

    Argh- none of those arrogant board disruptors need to return.

    Mike H contributed a lot...at times. He just got into a snit with one of you. I think he wanted to promote his own BleacherReport stories than anything else.

    @the-gipper said:

    Mike H contributed a lot...at times. He just got into a snit with one of you. I think he wanted to promote his own Bleacher Report stories than anything else.

    Gip- there's a difference between serious disagreement- and being a condescending jackass know it all So whoop-ti-shit, you can write for Bleacher Report. When SI or ESPN comes calling- get back to me.

    Oh- he got booted off the 'Tard- for the same reason- and then tried to poach posters off of that website to become his groupies on his own vastly superior (to his mind's) website.

    I'll have Z kick his smartass off the second he tries logging on. He's on my short- very short list- of top ten jerks I would ban on sight

  • Maybe he can go to Canada with Michael SAMs. This guy screwed up his mojo when he promised to return to Ohio State after "tattoo gate" and bolted for the supplemental draft. No thanks!

    @opal312 said:

    Maybe he can go to Canada with Michael SAMs. This guy screwed up his mojo when he promised to return to Ohio State after "tattoo gate" and bolted for the supplemental draft. No thanks!

    "No more Sam jokes" - US Supreme Court June 26, 2015.

  • "Facepalms".. then Vomits!... I go to Europe for 2 weeks and this is what I come back to.. Really?.. "ughh"

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Mike H and Stockton are always fan favorites.

    Ya, I don't know if Mike H. is interested in coming back and I don't know if we should open that whole can of worms called Retard again ... although with Brian Hoyer gone, what would he talk about?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Ya, I don't know if Mike H. is interested in coming back and I don't know if we should open that whole can of worms called Retard again ... although with Brian Hoyer gone, what would he talk about?

    Zombo

    Stocktons posts would be exactly the same except the word "Hoyer" would be replaced with "McCown".

    Probably something like "We know what McCown is, a journeyman backup, but he isn't the future. You have to play manziel to see what you have so you know if you need to draft another QB. By playing McCown you set the organization back for years to come. I'm in Mensa and history will be kind to my posts."

  • @tour2ma said:

    That's not the TE depth chart of a team that is going to emphasize the run.

    Fair enough, maybe substitute Dray for Barnidge.

    However, I don't necessarily agree with a stable of blocking TE's as an indicator of a run heavy team. It seems the key tenet of Flip's offensive philosophy (and this entire regime) is unpredictability and versatility. Just like on defense, I think we're going to have guys lined up everywhere, trying different things, so that we don't fall into familiar patterns. I think we'll have one, maybe two Y TE's and then 2 or 3 F TE's/ H-backs.

    I don't think we'll see a majority of overloaded or heavy sets with two big body TE's trotting out there. I think we'll see a heavy dose of 2 TE sets featuring a blocker and a receiving threat in some fashion.

    F - Johnson, Housler and Pryor

    Y - Barnidge, Telfer, maybe Dray

    Of these guys:

    • Pryor's versatility is apparent in that he is a QB convert, he's a large body and he's athletic - so he can be beneficial in goal line situations/ trick plays.
    • Housler's versatility is that he's a big body who can be effective at block and release routes and chip blocking out of the backfield (although it's not his strength) and he's athletic enough to be a receiving TE.
    • Johnson is a Marcel Reece-type FB/RB/TE. I think he'll be lined up everywhere - in the backfield, on the line, flexed out and pulled in motion.
    • Barnidge is slightly more of a receiver and less of a blocker, but is efficient enough at blocking to contribute.
    • Dray is more of a blocker and less of a receiver, but is efficient enough at receiving to contribute.
    • Telfer is a pure blocker who needs to add some size to be completely effective.

    Of these guys, only Pryor isn't going to be used as a blocker in some fashion, but that's because I see him as more of a WR/TE than a TE/FB.

    We have 5 solid offensive linemen. We have two TE's who are primarily blockers (Telfer, Johnson) . We have one TE who is about half and half blocker and short yardage receiver (Barnidge) . We have one TE who is more of a receiver than blocker, but can occasionally chip or release (Housler). And we have one TE who is a pure receiver (Pryor).

    To me, that seems like we're set up to do anything that we really want.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And we have one TE who is a pure receiver (Pryor)

    To me, that seems like we're set up to do anything that we really want.

    I'm impressed. Pryor has gone from QB to TE "pure reciever" without playing an NFL down at either position. "Pure reciever" ? We'll see.
  • A short article on Pryor posted today at NFL.com.....a "slash" role......ala Cribbs ala WildDawg...????.....snippets sound like he agrees with me that "if he gets the ball in space, he's going to the house"!!!.....

    Training with with Randy Moss(nice) and the enemy...Antonio Brown(blech)......here it is....

    After being cut by three teams in a calendar year, Terrelle Pryor realized making an NFL roster would be near impossible if he insisted on working only as a quarterback.

    Prior to being swooped up by the Cleveland Browns, Pryor relented and planned to try out as a receiver. The decision sat in stark contrast to his "If I can't play quarterback, I can't play football" comment from a month ago.

    Seeing his football future at the edge of the abyss, Pryor told thePittsburgh Tribune-Review last week, he's looking forward to showcasing his ability as a receiver.

    "I'm going to give this slash-player deal a chance," Pryor said. "I just want to play football. I'm a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities."

    It's interesting to note Pryor's use of "slash-player." It's not clear whether the Browns have discussed a type of role that would utilize him more than just a wideout -- perhaps occasionally putting him under center.

    "The thing that helps me is that I played quarterback, and I know what the quarterback wants," Pryor said of playing receiver. "What I've got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position."

    Pryor posted several videos on social media in the past week, including this one showing him running a route. The 26-year-old added he plans on training with Randy Moss and Steelers receiver Antonio Brown to try and pick up the nuances of the position.

    Even with the Browns lack of playmaking at the receiver position, Pryor will be in a battle just to make the roster. It's never easy to switch positions at the highest level of competition, regardless of how athletic a player is.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And we have one TE who is a pure receiver (Pryor)

    To me, that seems like we're set up to do anything that we really want.

    I'm impressed. Pryor has gone from QB to TE "pure reciever" without playing an NFL down at either position. "Pure reciever" ? We'll see.

    @furious-styles said:

    I'm impressed. Pryor has gone from QB to TE "pure reciever" without playing an NFL down at either position. "Pure reciever" ? We'll see.

    So you think he's more of a blocking TE? If so, I'd love to know your reasoning. Words taken out of context mean little.

  • @furious-styles said:

    I'm impressed. Pryor has gone from QB to TE "pure reciever" without playing an NFL down at either position. "Pure reciever" ? We'll see.

    So you think he's more of a blocking TE? If so, I'd love to know your reasoning. Words taken out of context mean little.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So you think he's more of a blocking TE? If so, I'd love to know your reasoning. Words taken out of context mean little.

    I think his reasoning is that it's going to be tough for him to become a true NFL 'pure receiver' while he's busy getting the other players their Gatorade. 😆

  • Zombo said:

    Ya, I don't know if Mike H. is interested in coming back and I don't know if we should open that whole can of worms called Retard again ... although with Brian Hoyer gone, what would he talk about?

    Zombo

    Stocktons posts would be exactly the same except the word "Hoyer" would be replaced with "McCown".

    Probably something like "We know what McCown is, a journeyman backup, but he isn't the future. You have to play manziel to see what you have so you know if you need to draft another QB. By playing McCown you set the organization back for years to come. I'm in Mensa and history will be kind to my posts."

    @roycerolls said:

    Stocktons posts would be exactly the same except the word "Hoyer" would be replaced with "McCown".

    Probably something like "We know what McCown is, a journeyman backup, but he isn't the future. You have to play manziel to see what you have so you know if you need to draft another QB. By playing McCown you set the organization back for years to come. I'm in Mensa and history will be kind to my posts."

    "mccown is a bud lite playing in a champagne league" -Retard

    want the same effect as talking to stockton? say something to the wall and then hit yourself over the head with a hammer.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So you think he's more of a blocking TE? If so, I'd love to know your reasoning. Words taken out of context mean little.

    I think his reasoning is that it's going to be tough for him to become a true NFL 'pure receiver' while he's busy getting the other players their Gatorade. 😆

    @d-bone said:

    I think his reasoning is that it's going to be tough for him to become a true NFL 'pure receiver' while he's busy getting the other players their Gatorade. 😆

    This is true.

    Like I said, however, words taken out of context mean nothing.

    The context of that post was to break down the styles of the TE's we could go into the season with. Pryor, if he were slotted at TE, would be purely a receiving TE. I find it hard to believe that a converted quarterback with 4.3 speed would be heavily utilized as a blocking TE, hence his designation as a "pure receiver".

    It's not a comment on the talent and production he has shown, nor is it a prediction of how he will fare with the Browns, it is just an assessment of the utilization of his skill set.

    However, I am not as down on him as seemingly all of you are. We are completely devoid of game breaking talent/size at the receiving position. Coupled with his experience as an NFL player, I think Pryor makes our roster.

    Judging him based on his play at the QB position is an error, since he won't be playing QB. Claiming that he's starting off behind the ball is an valid statement, however he's only slightly further behind the ball than a guy like Mayle, who has only played three years of competitive football in his life, one of which at JUCO level.

    The only way I see Terrelle Pryor not making the final 53 is if he literally cannot catch a football to save his life, which very well could be the case. But running unpolished routes and not understanding the nuances of the position - like separation, head fakes and positioning - won't be enough to knock him off the final 53. If it came down to him vs. Benji, I'd take Pryor.

  • A short article on Pryor posted today at NFL.com.....a "slash" role......ala Cribbs ala WildDawg...????.....snippets sound like he agrees with me that "if he gets the ball in space, he's going to the house"!!!.....

    Training with with Randy Moss(nice) and the enemy...Antonio Brown(blech)......here it is....

    After being cut by three teams in a calendar year, Terrelle Pryor realized making an NFL roster would be near impossible if he insisted on working only as a quarterback.

    Prior to being swooped up by the Cleveland Browns, Pryor relented and planned to try out as a receiver. The decision sat in stark contrast to his "If I can't play quarterback, I can't play football" comment from a month ago.

    Seeing his football future at the edge of the abyss, Pryor told thePittsburgh Tribune-Review last week, he's looking forward to showcasing his ability as a receiver.

    "I'm going to give this slash-player deal a chance," Pryor said. "I just want to play football. I'm a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities."

    It's interesting to note Pryor's use of "slash-player." It's not clear whether the Browns have discussed a type of role that would utilize him more than just a wideout -- perhaps occasionally putting him under center.

    "The thing that helps me is that I played quarterback, and I know what the quarterback wants," Pryor said of playing receiver. "What I've got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position."

    Pryor posted several videos on social media in the past week, including this one showing him running a route. The 26-year-old added he plans on training with Randy Moss and Steelers receiver Antonio Brown to try and pick up the nuances of the position.

    Even with the Browns lack of playmaking at the receiver position, Pryor will be in a battle just to make the roster. It's never easy to switch positions at the highest level of competition, regardless of how athletic a player is.

    @mudfly said:

    Training with with Randy Moss(nice) and the enemy...Antonio Brown(blech)......here it is....

    After being cut by three teams in a calendar year, Terrelle Pryor realized making an NFL roster would be near impossible if he insisted on working only as a quarterback.

    Prior to being swooped up by the Cleveland Browns, Pryor relented and planned to try out as a receiver. The decision sat in stark contrast to his "If I can't play quarterback, I can't play football" comment from a month ago.

    Seeing his football future at the edge of the abyss, Pryor told thePittsburgh Tribune-Review last week, he's looking forward to showcasing his ability as a receiver.

    "I'm going to give this slash-player deal a chance," Pryor said. "I just want to play football. I'm a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities."

    It's interesting to note Pryor's use of "slash-player." It's not clear whether the Browns have discussed a type of role that would utilize him more than just a wideout -- perhaps occasionally putting him under center.

    "The thing that helps me is that I played quarterback, and I know what the quarterback wants," Pryor said of playing receiver. "What I've got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position."

    Pryor posted several videos on social media in the past week, including this one showing him running a route. The 26-year-old added he plans on training with Randy Moss and Steelers receiver Antonio Brown to try and pick up the nuances of the position.

    Even with the Browns lack of playmaking at the receiver position, Pryor will be in a battle just to make the roster. It's never easy to switch positions at the highest level of competition, regardless of how athletic a player is.

    Wow. Honestly thought Pryor was brought in to Dot the eye in scribe Ohio at halftime in Columbus team scrimmage and stay with the Bucks as some coach. But, Now I see the hunger he really wants to do this. Pryor, prove me wrong. Go ahead Big fella..

  • @mudfly said:

    Training with with Randy Moss(nice) and the enemy...Antonio Brown(blech)......here it is....

    After being cut by three teams in a calendar year, Terrelle Pryor realized making an NFL roster would be near impossible if he insisted on working only as a quarterback.

    Prior to being swooped up by the Cleveland Browns, Pryor relented and planned to try out as a receiver. The decision sat in stark contrast to his "If I can't play quarterback, I can't play football" comment from a month ago.

    Seeing his football future at the edge of the abyss, Pryor told thePittsburgh Tribune-Review last week, he's looking forward to showcasing his ability as a receiver.

    "I'm going to give this slash-player deal a chance," Pryor said. "I just want to play football. I'm a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities."

    It's interesting to note Pryor's use of "slash-player." It's not clear whether the Browns have discussed a type of role that would utilize him more than just a wideout -- perhaps occasionally putting him under center.

    "The thing that helps me is that I played quarterback, and I know what the quarterback wants," Pryor said of playing receiver. "What I've got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position."

    Pryor posted several videos on social media in the past week, including this one showing him running a route. The 26-year-old added he plans on training with Randy Moss and Steelers receiver Antonio Brown to try and pick up the nuances of the position.

    Even with the Browns lack of playmaking at the receiver position, Pryor will be in a battle just to make the roster. It's never easy to switch positions at the highest level of competition, regardless of how athletic a player is.

    Wow. Honestly thought Pryor was brought in to Dot the eye in scribe Ohio at halftime in Columbus team scrimmage and stay with the Bucks as some coach. But, Now I see the hunger he really wants to do this. Pryor, prove me wrong. Go ahead Big fella..

    @gumby73 said:

    Wow. Honestly thought Pryor was brought in to Dot the eye in scribe Ohio at halftime in Columbus team scrimmage and stay with the Bucks as some coach. But, Now I see the hunger he really wants to do this. Pryor, prove me wrong. Go ahead Big fella..

    Pryor as a coach? Lol

  • @gumby73 said:

    Wow. Honestly thought Pryor was brought in to Dot the eye in scribe Ohio at halftime in Columbus team scrimmage and stay with the Bucks as some coach. But, Now I see the hunger he really wants to do this. Pryor, prove me wrong. Go ahead Big fella..

    Pryor as a coach? Lol

    @mld-woody said:

    Pryor as a coach? Lol

    pryor as anything on the football field now is funny, IMO.

  • Pryor as a receiver I see at least possibilities and I am glad to see the Browns look at it anyway. If Pryor catches the ball in the open field he has the athletic ability to run the ball and gain some yards.

  • This is no risk so the worst that happens is that he gets cut if he has stone hands.