While we're here....
-
I didn't see the unintended part so my bad but yeah you can still kill a bunch of people with a knife.
-
I didn't see the unintended part so my bad but yeah you can still kill a bunch of people with a knife.
I didn't see the unintended part so my bad but yeah you can still kill a bunch of people with a knife.
Sure, it can happen. But you actually need some skill to take out a lot of people without being overwhelmed by a crowd. You might be able to stab a few, but with a gun, you just need to point and shoot, and anyone with half a brain (or less, usually) can do that.
It's the same reason the nobility hated crossbows when they were introduced - someone with no training at all could just point and shoot and kill a fully armoured mounted knight, so it was considered 'cheating' at the time. A nobleman should die a noble death, at the hands of someone worthy. Apparently.
-
What about throwing knives? Ninja stars? Huh?
-
Wait... I'm confused. "Skilled marksmen" miss under stress, but any Joe Schmoe can pick up a gun and take out a whole mall full of people?
-
Wait... I'm confused. "Skilled marksmen" miss under stress, but any Joe Schmoe can pick up a gun and take out a whole mall full of people?
Wait... I'm confused. "Skilled marksmen" miss under stress, but any Joe Schmoe can pick up a gun and take out a whole mall full of people?
I do not know the backstory to this comment... but people will be much more packed together in a mall. Fish in a barrel.
-
Scroll up a few posts.
-
Oh, well I pretty much agree with Chris. Find a group, aim, start shooting. You'll get a few.
-
Telling:

-
Interesting. Though I suspect that's related to population distribution as much as anything.
-
It absolutely is (which probably skews it also). I should have linked the article as it goes to point out that naturally the blue areas also coincide with the areas of strictest "gun control"
-
I had inferred that. I don't think it's quite as clear cut as the infographic would make you believe though. High population density, larger number of low income people, larger number of criminals, etc. etc.
-
Etc....
WSS
-
I'm glad you make the connection with low income, high population, and high crime, Chris.
IM woody. Save him from drowning while he's all wet in Egypt.
-
I'm glad you make the connection with low income, high population, and high crime, Chris.
IM woody. Save him from drowning while he's all wet in Egypt.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login