Skip to content

Survey....Summertime Blues

The Browns Board
33 14 1.1k
  • @tour2ma said:

    6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

    No summer vaca plans this year. Looking to head to Panama for Christmas.

    You better hope the rainy season has ended on time (normally mid-Dec.). I went to Jungle School there for 2 weeks in Sept and we were instructed not even to bother with ponchos since it was so humid we would be soaked either way. Best to be soaked and cool than soaked and over heated.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You better hope the rainy season has ended on time (normally mid-Dec.). I went to Jungle School there for 2 weeks in Sept and we were instructed not even to bother with ponchos since it was so humid we would be soaked either way. Best to be soaked and cool than soaked and over heated.

    I was originally looking at Costa Rica for this september. A little bit of research later and it's not happening! If I want rain, I'll stay in London.

  • I didn't like this survey, I think you should do a more inspired one tomorrow.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I didn't like this survey, I think you should do a more inspired one tomorrow.

    Z

    Yea, I was just going with a theme though. Here, maybe this will help:

    A Who summertime concert would blow away the blues.

  • Boring surveys about boring things bore me

    @wideload said:

    Boring surveys about boring things bore me

    I think it is just you. You probably lead a boring existance.

  • 5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town?

    Outer Banks of NC. Too pricey and not enough reasonable priced golf. (and I know it's not a "city").

    That area, sorta, was my spring break (Atlantic Beach...south of OBX). I didn't find the prices all that bad....maybe the time of year. Since I am not golfing, that is not an issue with me.

    6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

    The Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and then Whistling Straits for the PGA Championship in our RV. May seem mundane to some of you, but we love the peace and solitude of the UP. Then we arrive at the PGA, with hopefully some good crowds at a golf course I need to see in person.

    No, sounds cool. I always liked Mackinac, and Taquamenon Falls is pretty awesome, as is the Keeweenaw Peninsula.

    And the PGA being held near Green Bay......the Cheeseheads go wild.

  • Here is today's survey.....about things that bring you Ennui this time of year: Give your opinions:

    1. Which NFL team is like the most boring to you? One that you don't care about negatively or positively.

    2. Which Browns player fits the same description. You seem to neither pull for him or against him?

    3. Do the Cleveland Indians (or, if not an Indians fan, your favorite baseball team) engender apathy in you the way they are me? Yes/no, explain

    4. What aspect of summer brings you the Summertime Blues?

    5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town?

    6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is today's survey.....about things that bring you Ennui this time of year: Give your opinions:

    1. Which NFL team is like the most boring to you? One that you don't care about negatively or positively.

    Dolphins. Never disliked them, but even with Tanney at the helm I can't get into them. Also Minnesota, Carolina, Arizona.

    2. Which Browns player fits the same description. You seem to neither pull for him or against him?

    Terrance West. He's from Baltimore and I love everything about the Crow too much.

    3. Do the Cleveland Indians (or, if not an Indians fan, your favorite baseball team) engender apathy in you the way they are me? Yes/no, explain

    Don't follow MLB, but the Indians are my team for whatever that's worth. Best logo in sports except for maybe Arkansas. I also just ebayd a sweet deal on an Indians jersey for my 6 month old nephew. So no?

    4. What aspect of summer brings you the Summertime Blues?

    Waiting for football. End of the College World Series to the start of SEC Media Days (late July) is hell. But it gives me an excuse to watch my favorite movie Remember the Titans yearly.

    5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town?

    Hated Waco growing up but now I realize it's similar to College Station. Maybe Houston. I can't believe you listed Dallas, my second favorite city behind CS. You're a conservative, right Gip? You oughta love Dallas.

    6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

    Just Galveston because we don't have much money but I'm looking forward to it.

  • Hated Waco growing up but now I realize it's similar to College Station. Maybe Houston. I can't believe you listed Dallas, my second favorite city behind CS. You're a conservative, right Gip? You oughta love Dallas.

    Conservative? No....I am unique.

    And I don't know what being conservative or otherwise would have to do with liking or disliking Dallas.

    Except for the unfortunately historic Dealey Plaza I found little of interest in Dallas in the several times I was there. It had little character, was fairly antiseptic. Maybe I might to see the stadiums there at some point...the Jerry Dome and the Rangers field....but that is about it.

    In fact, I am scheduled to make a Texas Tour later this year. I am skipping Dallas and going to see Abilene, Wichita Falls, Amarillo, Lubbock, and Odessa/Midland.

    6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

    Just Galveston because we don't have much money but I'm looking forward to it.

    Shoot us a report. If my daughter graduates on time next May (she may not), I had thought about taking her over to Galveston for a few days to the beach to check it out. I have not been there.

  • It's one of the only conservative big cities. Through and through. Very preppy, high class, little ruff raff, not many weirdos or homeless. Dallas is awesome. I agree it's not great on things to do, but it's a culture and an air that exists there that is cool. Just my .02. Most people here in Austin hate Dallas with passion.

    Go to Schlitterbahn while you're here.

  • It's one of the only conservative big cities. Through and through. Very preppy, high class, little ruff raff, not many weirdos or homeless. Dallas is awesome. I agree it's not great on things to do, but it's a culture and an air that exists there that is cool. Just my .02. Most people here in Austin hate Dallas with passion.

    Go to Schlitterbahn while you're here.

    @wargograw said:

    It's one of the only conservative big cities. Through and through. Very preppy, high class, little ruff raff, not many weirdos or homeless. Dallas is awesome. I agree it's not great on things to do, but it's a culture and an air that exists there that is cool. Just my .02. Most people here in Austin hate Dallas with passion.

    Go to Schlitterbahn while you're here.

    Again, sounds boring and antiseptic and lacking in character, just as it seem Not hate for me...just blah and not "cool".

    Schlitterbahn is a Waterpark, no? Probably not in November. Though I am not into it, I could get there with my daughter if she graduates next May....IF IF IF.

  • Yes it is. This year's nutty/cool weather notwithstanding, usually you would have a decent chance of being able to swim in November here.

  • It's one of the only conservative big cities. Through and through. Very preppy, high class, little ruff raff, not many weirdos or homeless. Dallas is awesome. I agree it's not great on things to do, but it's a culture and an air that exists there that is cool. Just my .02. Most people here in Austin hate Dallas with passion.

    Go to Schlitterbahn while you're here.

    @wargograw said:

    It's one of the only conservative big cities. Through and through. Very preppy, high class, little ruff raff, not many weirdos or homeless. Dallas is awesome. I agree it's not great on things to do, but it's a culture and an air that exists there that is cool. Just my .02. Most people here in Austin hate Dallas with passion.

    Go to Schlitterbahn while you're here.

    Preppy people with airs about them and not much to do ... well who wouldn't want to live there?

    Zombo

  • The people don't have airs. The city does. It's not for everyone. I like Dallas. I also like Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Both extremes are cool to me.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is today's survey.....about things that bring you Ennui this time of year: Give your opinions:

    1. Which NFL team is like the most boring to you? One that you don't care about negatively or positively.

    Dolphins. Never disliked them, but even with Tanney at the helm I can't get into them. Also Minnesota, Carolina, Arizona.

    2. Which Browns player fits the same description. You seem to neither pull for him or against him?

    Terrance West. He's from Baltimore and I love everything about the Crow too much.

    3. Do the Cleveland Indians (or, if not an Indians fan, your favorite baseball team) engender apathy in you the way they are me? Yes/no, explain

    Don't follow MLB, but the Indians are my team for whatever that's worth. Best logo in sports except for maybe Arkansas. I also just ebayd a sweet deal on an Indians jersey for my 6 month old nephew. So no?

    4. What aspect of summer brings you the Summertime Blues?

    Waiting for football. End of the College World Series to the start of SEC Media Days (late July) is hell. But it gives me an excuse to watch my favorite movie Remember the Titans yearly.

    5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town?

    Hated Waco growing up but now I realize it's similar to College Station. Maybe Houston. I can't believe you listed Dallas, my second favorite city behind CS. You're a conservative, right Gip? You oughta love Dallas.

    6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

    Just Galveston because we don't have much money but I'm looking forward to it.

    @wargograw said:

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is today's survey.....about things that bring you Ennui this time of year: Give your opinions:

    1. Which NFL team is like the most boring to you? One that you don't care about negatively or positively.

    Dolphins. Never disliked them, but even with Tanney at the helm I can't get into them. Also Minnesota, Carolina, Arizona.

    2. Which Browns player fits the same description. You seem to neither pull for him or against him?

    Terrance West. He's from Baltimore and I love everything about the Crow too much.

    3. Do the Cleveland Indians (or, if not an Indians fan, your favorite baseball team) engender apathy in you the way they are me? Yes/no, explain

    Don't follow MLB, but the Indians are my team for whatever that's worth. Best logo in sports except for maybe Arkansas. I also just ebayd a sweet deal on an Indians jersey for my 6 month old nephew. So no?

    4. What aspect of summer brings you the Summertime Blues?

    Waiting for football. End of the College World Series to the start of SEC Media Days (late July) is hell. But it gives me an excuse to watch my favorite movie Remember the Titans yearly.

    5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town?

    Hated Waco growing up but now I realize it's similar to College Station. Maybe Houston. I can't believe you listed Dallas, my second favorite city behind CS. You're a conservative, right Gip? You oughta love Dallas.

    6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

    Just Galveston because we don't have much money but I'm looking forward to it.

    Port Aransas is cheaper.

  • My brother and his 5 person family are in Friendswood. They couldn't go very far.

  • @wargograw said:

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is today's survey.....about things that bring you Ennui this time of year: Give your opinions:

    1. Which NFL team is like the most boring to you? One that you don't care about negatively or positively.

    Dolphins. Never disliked them, but even with Tanney at the helm I can't get into them. Also Minnesota, Carolina, Arizona.

    2. Which Browns player fits the same description. You seem to neither pull for him or against him?

    Terrance West. He's from Baltimore and I love everything about the Crow too much.

    3. Do the Cleveland Indians (or, if not an Indians fan, your favorite baseball team) engender apathy in you the way they are me? Yes/no, explain

    Don't follow MLB, but the Indians are my team for whatever that's worth. Best logo in sports except for maybe Arkansas. I also just ebayd a sweet deal on an Indians jersey for my 6 month old nephew. So no?

    4. What aspect of summer brings you the Summertime Blues?

    Waiting for football. End of the College World Series to the start of SEC Media Days (late July) is hell. But it gives me an excuse to watch my favorite movie Remember the Titans yearly.

    5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town?

    Hated Waco growing up but now I realize it's similar to College Station. Maybe Houston. I can't believe you listed Dallas, my second favorite city behind CS. You're a conservative, right Gip? You oughta love Dallas.

    6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

    Just Galveston because we don't have much money but I'm looking forward to it.

    Port Aransas is cheaper.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Port Aransas is cheaper.

    My daughter has gone to Port Aransas on Spring Break the last couple of years. I asked her if she went to see the Whooping Cranes and she seemed not to have a clue what I was talking about.

    Are the whooping cranes still coming to Aransas?