Skip to content

As a Browns Fan This is the MOST UNENTHUSED Ive ever been entering a Season

The Browns Board
48 27 2.3k
  • C Captain Cheesedick wrote on last edited by
    #11

    As a Football Fan, I know how bad the Browns have been and it doesn't look to be improved this upcoming season.

    As a Browns Fan, April to October is all I got and I'm not going to ruin it with realistic thinking.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #12

    This thread actually makes me feel even more excited for the season...... Two things are a sure bet:

    1) If Debbie Downer hates it, it will be good

    2) If PoG loves it, it will suck

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #13

    dude has issues, maybe bipolar.

    i on the other hand, haven't been more excited about an upcoming season since the browns rebirth.

    they had a quick snippet on a local sportscast yesterday with the background banner reading 'from worse to first' and they showed 2 helmets, one was the browns……and i believe it.

    gonna win some brews this year off them steeler queef fans (if they decide to show).

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I don't give a shit if this brand of football isn't exciting or flashy, it's effective. Just ask San Fran and Seattle.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #15

    If ass clown debbie downer doesn't like it then that's a good sign for the Browns this season.

  • Josh freaking McCown, some stop-gap putrid journey man QB who wont even be here in 2016 most likely and our 2 first round picks sitting on the line.

    No playmakers.

    This is about as boring as football will get.

    I am, for the first time too, thinking about not even bothering buying the league pass.

    _________________

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #16

    @soju said:

    Josh freaking McCown, some stop-gap putrid journey man QB who wont even be here in 2016 most likely and our 2 first round picks sitting on the line.

    No playmakers.

    This is about as boring as football will get.

    I am, for the first time too, thinking about not even bothering buying the league pass.

    _________________

    Very interesting. Lets look at the positions compared to last year:

    QB: I know most of you are thinking that Hoyer is better than McCown. He had a horrible Oline in Tampa last year and our Oline is much improved over last year. So expect him to have much more time to throw, but we will be a run team first.

    RB: Crowell, West, Johnson. Need I say more. I will point out that when our Oline was depleted last year, we had no run game. Our Oline is much improved this year.

    WR: Not sure how anyone could argue that we are in worse shape this year than last. With the addition of the following: Hartline, Bowe, Mayle and whoever survives the last cut, we should be in great shape.

    Oline: Adding Erving who can play center if necessary or RG is a major plus. And Mack will be back this year, but we willl see how we do as this year could determine whether he stays or leaves.

    Dline: So happy we drafted Shelton. He will take up two blockers and help our run D out incredibly. We can finally sit Phil Taylor on the bench because even when he is healthy, I'm not impressed.

    Punter: Adding Andy Lee is huge. We had nothing even close to him last year.

    LB; This is where our team is most improved: Adding Orchard, Pullard to a group that we already had including Tank Carder (who is impressing), I really expect much from this group.

    TE: Not so sure about this group yet, but we might not need them as much as last year.

    DBs: Hayden, Gilbert (that's right, i said his name, will be ready), K'waun Williams is impressing, Tramon Williams (who we got from GB), Gibson, and watch out for Desir.

    I usually dont argue about where this team is, but I really believe this team will be a surprise. I was watching NFL Live and everyone of the guys picked us to finish last (again). Dont be surprised to see us in first place.

  • Josh freaking McCown, some stop-gap putrid journey man QB who wont even be here in 2016 most likely and our 2 first round picks sitting on the line.

    No playmakers.

    This is about as boring as football will get.

    I am, for the first time too, thinking about not even bothering buying the league pass.

    _________________

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @soju said:

    Josh freaking McCown, some stop-gap putrid journey man QB who wont even be here in 2016 most likely and our 2 first round picks sitting on the line.

    No playmakers.

    This is about as boring as football will get.

    I am, for the first time too, thinking about not even bothering buying the league pass.

    _________________

    "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn."

    Mike

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #18

    Objectively incorrect. Both first round picks are playmakers.

    But I'm done arguing with people on Soju's level of stupid - he'll just drag me down and beat me with experience.

  • I don't give a shit if this brand of football isn't exciting or flashy, it's effective. Just ask San Fran and Seattle.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't give a shit if this brand of football isn't exciting or flashy, it's effective. Just ask San Fran and Seattle.

    Winning is sexy...

  • @soju said:

    Josh freaking McCown, some stop-gap putrid journey man QB who wont even be here in 2016 most likely and our 2 first round picks sitting on the line.

    No playmakers.

    This is about as boring as football will get.

    I am, for the first time too, thinking about not even bothering buying the league pass.

    _________________

    I made it 20 minutes into the day before I called someone a pussy. Today is a good day.

    Pussy.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I made it 20 minutes into the day before I called someone a pussy. Today is a good day.

    Pussy.

    From Laugh of the day to Laughing All Day. Thanks, That's the only response This Topic Deservers. Go Browns!!

  • Josh freaking McCown, some stop-gap putrid journey man QB who wont even be here in 2016 most likely and our 2 first round picks sitting on the line.

    No playmakers.

    This is about as boring as football will get.

    I am, for the first time too, thinking about not even bothering buying the league pass.

    _________________

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #21

    @soju said:

    Josh freaking McCown, some stop-gap putrid journey man QB who wont even be here in 2016 most likely and our 2 first round picks sitting on the line.

    No playmakers.

    This is about as boring as football will get.

    I am, for the first time too, thinking about not even bothering buying the league pass.

    _________________

    Well if this is the worst you've felt about it that's pretty rough. I don't know you but as long as I've read your posts you have seemed to be one of the biggest whiners here.

    You really ought to consider switching to soccer.

    WSS

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #22

    whiners and hoes...

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound
    #23

    Based on the roster and schedule Vegas will probably put the over/under of Browns wins at 6.5. I'd say that's about right and I typically don't get overly excited about 6 win team. Now fans on here, since it's a Browns site, will trumpet 9-7 or 10-6 but I don't know anyone else outside of "Browns Nation" who sees that success.

  • W Wideload wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Don't get the league pass, don't watch the games, don't listen to the games, don't read about the games, don't watch highlights of the games. And when the Browns shock the NFL, but not the Browns' fans, and you want to come back and post----DON'T

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Love or Leave It!

  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I believe I am right about this. Deep down in my soul I really think Im right and you all are wrong. But we will see.

  • I believe I am right about this. Deep down in my soul I really think Im right and you all are wrong. But we will see.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @soju said:

    I believe I am right about this. Deep down in my soul I really think Im right and you all are wrong. But we will see.

    So did Hitler, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan and Donny Osmond.

  • I believe I am right about this. Deep down in my soul I really think Im right and you all are wrong. But we will see.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @soju said:

    I believe I am right about this. Deep down in my soul I really think Im right and you all are wrong. But we will see.

    i always thought that rachel dratch had great tits. sorry to see she wasted them wheening a little bitch.

  • @soju said:

    I believe I am right about this. Deep down in my soul I really think Im right and you all are wrong. But we will see.

    So did Hitler, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan and Donny Osmond.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Pol Pot

    Had to Google that one

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Perhaps I'm wrong. McCown doesn't have to be like Hoyer. Instead I'd like him to channel is inner Hasselbeck.

    Anybody remember that 05' season? The Hawks had 3 probowl players on the left side of their Oline and Shaun Alexander.

    Their receivers? Bobby Ingram, Darrel Jackson, and JJ.

    Don't tell me this team can't find success with the offense they have so long as McCown takes care of the ball and the running game works.

    Do those two things and you'd be surprised just how much your passing game opens up on its own.