Skip to content

Jim Harbaugh is an awkward weirdo (Colin Cowherd hangs up on him)

College Football Forum
32 6 1.9k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I'd hope the two conferences that have the most "home" bowl games do the best in them...

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #23

    You really do just argue for the sake of it. Gipper and I are going into stuff we haven't discussed yet and you just want to rehash stuff we spent 5 pages talking about already. What's the point? Get a life.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #24

    5 pages ago? You're fucking talking about bowl records right now, lol.

    It takes two to argue. No one is making you respond.

    I don't really care about your current SEC vs PAC argument. The SEC has been overrated, but also the best, for a while. Their dominance is falling off though. Everything comes in cycles. NCAA sanctions and investigations could have sped it up, but whatever. The only thing worse than SEC fans at its peak may be fans as they fall back to earth...

  • Yeah you're right on that point. Slipped my mind.

    Well I really want to eliminate games against teams like UCONN. That was more my point. Since they are no longer power 5 anymore.

    BCS era. If you can find the numbers for earlier periods then be my guest.

    And I would like to see the records of the teams that were playing each other. USC beating Vanderbilt doesn't mean much of anything and neither does Alabama beating Colorado. But alas, all you said was "bowl records." I provided them. They didn't support you.

    Don't know what you mean with the 44 years comment. The article I got that from had all time national championships.

    The competition in the league is what made those national champions. It doesn't happen in a vacuum although Ohio State was the closest thing.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah you're right on that point. Slipped my mind.

    Well I really want to eliminate games against teams like UCONN. That was more my point. Since they are no longer power 5 anymore.

    BCS era. If you can find the numbers for earlier periods then be my guest.

    And I would like to see the records of the teams that were playing each other. USC beating Vanderbilt doesn't mean much of anything and neither does Alabama beating Colorado. But alas, all you said was "bowl records." I provided them. They didn't support you.

    Don't know what you mean with the 44 years comment. The article I got that from had all time national championships.

    My bad. I misread what you said. I thought you were just counting titles going back 44 years. But you were counting the titles of just the SEC and P-12....which added up to 44. I misspoke.

    The competition in the league is what made those national champions. It doesn't happen in a vacuum although Ohio State was the closest thing.

    I think that competition is overrated. Yes, you have to win 1 or 2 tough games.....but really, traditionally beating up on VAndy/MSU/Ole Miss does not make a team all that tough.

  • 5 pages ago? You're fucking talking about bowl records right now, lol.

    It takes two to argue. No one is making you respond.

    I don't really care about your current SEC vs PAC argument. The SEC has been overrated, but also the best, for a while. Their dominance is falling off though. Everything comes in cycles. NCAA sanctions and investigations could have sped it up, but whatever. The only thing worse than SEC fans at its peak may be fans as they fall back to earth...

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mld-woody said:

    5 pages ago? You're fucking talking about bowl records right now, lol.

    It takes two to argue. No one is making you respond.

    I don't really care about your current SEC vs PAC argument. The SEC has been overrated, but also the best, for a while. Their dominance is falling off though. Everything comes in cycles. NCAA sanctions and investigations could have sped it up, but whatever. The only thing worse than SEC fans at its peak may be fans as they fall back to earth...

    Chalk up another one: Can't argue without cursing. You and I spent like 5 pages going over stuff that you're trying to bring up again here. I never said "ago" as in it was in this thread. Pay attention.

    At least you've made a major concession here.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Gipper, you mentioned 3 teams out of 10/12/14. All 3 aren't even in the same division so it wouldnt have been all that common for anyone to play all 3.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Oh, yes, I said the F word. My argument is now invalid...

    I stated the two conferences with the most "home" bowl games should probably have the most wins. You then came at me. Maybe you need to learn how to not argue so much...

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #29

    No, just knock off the "we're the classiest people ever" bs when that is clearly not a strong suit of yours.

    All I said was it was pointless for you to bring it up because we've debated it before. If you insist on saying it anyway, then maybe the problem is with your requirement to post your talking points no matter how much they've been addressed.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #30

    And again, it takes two.

    I'll end it there.

  • Gipper, you mentioned 3 teams out of 10/12/14. All 3 aren't even in the same division so it wouldnt have been all that common for anyone to play all 3.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @wargograw said:

    Gipper, you mentioned 3 teams out of 10/12/14. All 3 aren't even in the same division so it wouldnt have been all that common for anyone to play all 3.

    Then add in Kentucky, Arkansas and Texas A&M. (lets see what kind of a rise this will get out of you 😛 )

  • And again, it takes two.

    I'll end it there.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @mld-woody said:

    And again, it takes two.

    I'll end it there.

    But one to bring it up. And in fact I never really engaged your argument, I just said "why are you bringing that up again?" Had I ignored it you would have thought I had no response. That's not me engaging, that's me dismissing while acknowledging I've addressed it before. Pretty simple.