Skip to content

Philosophy + Personnel = Steady Improvement

The Browns Board
33 17 1.6k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    I have loved this building process since day 1. And if they ever want to be proven right about the JM pick, then the trade-off of Hoyer for a more willing mentor with similar experience was the right move. Every building starts with a strong foundation if you want it to last a long time.

    Agreed, except for the "similar experience" comparison between Hoyer & McCown. Hoyer had a small sampling of game experience, while McCown has quite a bit & has faced more adverse situations. That's a big plus for McCown & more knowledge he can share with our young QBs.

    Mike

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @canton-mike said:

    Agreed, except for the "similar experience" comparison between Hoyer & McCown. Hoyer had a small sampling of game experience, while McCown has quite a bit & has faced more adverse situations. That's a big plus for McCown & more knowledge he can share with our young QBs.

    Mike

    Im with you on this one Mike.......

    While McCown and Hoyer might have some similarities, I see them as totally different players.....with McCown having a lot more experience......more maturity(and self confidence).....as well as better physical tools....

    And he lacks that "looking over his shoulder" thing that seemed to distract Hoyer so much.....

  • Thanks for the replies and positive feedback folks.

    A good barometer of where we are and how we should feel about it is usually how many players you are excited about. Every time I use a list - I leave people off by accident or have trouble deciding where to end my list. If any of yuz has some player names I missed - run it! As others have said, this is easily going to be the toughest competition for the last 5 spots on the active roster as well for active duty in our situational rotations at dline/LBer/secondary/WR/TE/H-back/FB/RB.

    Ummm, stay tuned...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for the replies and positive feedback folks.

    A good barometer of where we are and how we should feel about it is usually how many players you are excited about. Every time I use a list - I leave people off by accident or have trouble deciding where to end my list.

    Ummm, stay tuned...

    Great write up Flugel......and I like the new longer list......

    LOTS and lots of players worthy of our excitement and high expectations.....

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I agree Flug......I say we win at least 10

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'll be damned...

    "Return of the Mack" is a song... 😉

    Love that song my man so I gotta reward that with a biscuit. Since we're talking about the return of the Mack - let's revisit what followed a Bill Cowher "get physical" pep talk with his LBer.

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+of+kevin+mack+running+over+greg+lloyd&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=8A69856C4610CD6208A38A69856C4610CD6208A3

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @flugel said:

    Love that song my man so I gotta reward that with a biscuit.

    Excellent... luvs me a good bisquit... try them with shredded, cheddar cheese and minced green onion folded into the batter...

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you on this one Mike.......

    While McCown and Hoyer might have some similarities, I see them as totally different players.....with McCown having a lot more experience......more maturity(and self confidence).....as well as better physical tools....

    And he lacks that "looking over his shoulder" thing that seemed to distract Hoyer so much.....

    Agree that Josh is more inherently secure than BH, but as I just wrote in another thread, I love the way Pet has handled his QB "competition" this year vs. last.

  • I'll be damned...

    "Return of the Mack" is a song... 😉

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    I'll be damned...

    "Return of the Mack" is a song... 😉

    It's also the opening line of this song:

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Talent + Good Coaching = Wins

    1 + 1 = 2

  • @flugel said:

    Love that song my man so I gotta reward that with a biscuit.

    Excellent... luvs me a good bisquit... try them with shredded, cheddar cheese and minced green onion folded into the batter...

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you on this one Mike.......

    While McCown and Hoyer might have some similarities, I see them as totally different players.....with McCown having a lot more experience......more maturity(and self confidence).....as well as better physical tools....

    And he lacks that "looking over his shoulder" thing that seemed to distract Hoyer so much.....

    Agree that Josh is more inherently secure than BH, but as I just wrote in another thread, I love the way Pet has handled his QB "competition" this year vs. last.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Excellent... luvs me a good bisquit... try them with shredded, cheddar cheese and minced green onion folded into the batter...

    Agree that Josh is more inherently secure than BH, but as I just wrote in another thread, I love the way Pet has handled his QB "competition" this year vs. last.

    Pet, like his players, is always looking to improve himself.

    Mike

  • Talent + Good Coaching = Wins

    1 + 1 = 2

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @baconhound said:

    Talent + Good Coaching = Wins

    1 + 1 = 2

  • Talent + Good Coaching = Wins

    1 + 1 = 2

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @baconhound said:

    Talent + Good Coaching = Wins

    1 + 1 = 2

    I think it's more like ((Talent - Injury + Good Coaching - Poor Scheme Fit) x Temperature )^2 / (1.5(Player Engagement x Unforeseen Life Events))

  • @baconhound said:

    Talent + Good Coaching = Wins

    1 + 1 = 2

    I think it's more like ((Talent - Injury + Good Coaching - Poor Scheme Fit) x Temperature )^2 / (1.5(Player Engagement x Unforeseen Life Events))

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think it's more like ((Talent - Injury + Good Coaching - Poor Scheme Fit) x Temperature )^2 / (1.5(Player Engagement x Unforeseen Life Events))

    All raised to the power of Character.

  • @baconhound said:

    Talent + Good Coaching = Wins

    1 + 1 = 2

    I think it's more like ((Talent - Injury + Good Coaching - Poor Scheme Fit) x Temperature )^2 / (1.5(Player Engagement x Unforeseen Life Events))

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think it's more like ((Talent - Injury + Good Coaching - Poor Scheme Fit) x Temperature )^2 / (1.5(Player Engagement x Unforeseen Life Events))

    I think that formula elicited the following response: "Now I am become death, the destroyer or worlds"

    Is your last name Oppenheimer?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think it's more like ((Talent - Injury + Good Coaching - Poor Scheme Fit) x Temperature )^2 / (1.5(Player Engagement x Unforeseen Life Events))

    All raised to the power of Character.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @gftchris said:

    All raised to the power of Character.

    How could I have forgotten such an integral part of the equation.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Is the Temperature scale absolute?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think it's more like ((Talent - Injury + Good Coaching - Poor Scheme Fit) x Temperature )^2 / (1.5(Player Engagement x Unforeseen Life Events))

    All raised to the power of Character.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @gftchris said:

    All raised to the power of Character.

    Timmy Tebow, heart of a champion.

  • @gftchris said:

    All raised to the power of Character.

    Timmy Tebow, heart of a champion.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tiamat63 said:

    Timmy Tebow, heart of a champion.

    Arm of a color commentator.

    Zombo

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Timmy Tebow, heart of a champion.

    Arm of a color commentator.

    Zombo

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Zombo said:

    Arm of a color commentator.

    Zombo

    Body of a Greek god.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Faith of a mustard seed.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Possibly a good tight end?