Skip to content

Take the test

Political Discussion
56 16 1.5k
  • @mld-woody said:

    Thank god we have you to enlighten us all...

    He's not wrong though. It's a microcosm of american politics and a result of the strictly two party system.

    @gftchris said:

    He's not wrong though. It's a microcosm of american politics and a result of the strictly two party system.

    No, not that part. We're polarized as fuck in the US. We all realize that (though not always with the same reasoning).

    To me, his post came off as "Look at all of these bickering posters. They're ants. They know nothing. Dance for me ants. Your quarrels entertain me."

    I think we have a handful of very right wing posters. Then some moderate, and moderate-liberal. Maybe one very liberal.

    If we actually had to evenly partisan sides on this board, holy fuck. This would be a madhouse.

  • @blowe said:

    You summed it all up pretty well. The banter back and forth and everyone thinking they are correct is the entertaining part.

    Thank god we have you to enlighten us all...

    @mld-woody said:

    Thank god we have you to enlighten us all...

    That's an emotional response if I've ever read one. Maybe you are more similar to cal than I thought.

    I just don't see the point in responding on this board. I doubt anyone has ever had their political affiliations and beliefs changed by a post on a message board. Cal posts crazy shit for the sake of posting crazy shit just like you argue sometimes for the sake of arguing. I respect your engineering background and analytical approach to things even if I don't agree with much of what you write.

    Take a step back from the ledge 'ant'.

    Your quarrels ARE entertaining to me but don't put words in my mouth.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Thank god we have you to enlighten us all...

    That's an emotional response if I've ever read one. Maybe you are more similar to cal than I thought.

    I just don't see the point in responding on this board. I doubt anyone has ever had their political affiliations and beliefs changed by a post on a message board. Cal posts crazy shit for the sake of posting crazy shit just like you argue sometimes for the sake of arguing. I respect your engineering background and analytical approach to things even if I don't agree with much of what you write.

    Take a step back from the ledge 'ant'.

    Your quarrels ARE entertaining to me but don't put words in my mouth.

    @blowe said:

    That's an emotional response if I've ever read one. Maybe you are more similar to cal than I thought.

    I just don't see the point in responding on this board. I doubt anyone has ever had their political affiliations and beliefs changed by a post on a message board. Cal posts crazy shit for the sake of posting crazy shit just like you argue sometimes for the sake of arguing. I respect your engineering background and analytical approach to things even if I don't agree with much of what you write.

    Take a step back from the ledge 'ant'.

    Your quarrels ARE entertaining to me but don't put words in my mouth.

    And that's a troll response if I've ever heard one, lol. We'll end it at that.

  • Of course this test only lists the stated positions on a myriad of political opinions. We, as voters, add so much baggage to our choices it makes the election ridiculous. Somebody hates Ben Carson because he believes in God or Rick Santorum because he thinks abortion is murder or Hillary because she's ugly... Has nothing to do with what should have something to do with our selections.

    WSS

  • @blowe said:

    That's an emotional response if I've ever read one. Maybe you are more similar to cal than I thought.

    I just don't see the point in responding on this board. I doubt anyone has ever had their political affiliations and beliefs changed by a post on a message board. Cal posts crazy shit for the sake of posting crazy shit just like you argue sometimes for the sake of arguing. I respect your engineering background and analytical approach to things even if I don't agree with much of what you write.

    Take a step back from the ledge 'ant'.

    Your quarrels ARE entertaining to me but don't put words in my mouth.

    And that's a troll response if I've ever heard one, lol. We'll end it at that.

    @mld-woody said:

    And that's a troll response if I've ever heard one, lol. We'll end it at that.

    No. It was 100% serious with a slight hint of harmless sarcasm in the end.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Don't describe me as his opposite.

    That's not really what I said. But now that you mentioned it.. I can't think of a single topic the two of you have agreed on. I know I don't post often but I have been lurking on this sub forum for years. It's entertaining

    When this......

    @blowe said:

    I know I don't post often but I have been lurking on this sub forum for years. It's entertaining

    Gets turned into this.....

    @mld-woody said:

    "Look at all of these bickering posters. They're ants. They know nothing. Dance for me ants. Your quarrels entertain me."

    all sense has been lost.....

    There's a reason there are only a handful of posters on this political board and it's NOT because it's too sensible or reasonable ...

    @mld-woody said:

    We're polarized as fuck in the US. We all realize that (though not always with the same reasoning).

    If we actually had to evenly partisan sides on this board, holy fuck. This would be a madhouse.

    and this board epitomizes the polarity....which is what we're saying....

    It's already a mad house.......

  • When this......

    @blowe said:

    I know I don't post often but I have been lurking on this sub forum for years. It's entertaining

    Gets turned into this.....

    @mld-woody said:

    "Look at all of these bickering posters. They're ants. They know nothing. Dance for me ants. Your quarrels entertain me."

    all sense has been lost.....

    There's a reason there are only a handful of posters on this political board and it's NOT because it's too sensible or reasonable ...

    @mld-woody said:

    We're polarized as fuck in the US. We all realize that (though not always with the same reasoning).

    If we actually had to evenly partisan sides on this board, holy fuck. This would be a madhouse.

    and this board epitomizes the polarity....which is what we're saying....

    It's already a mad house.......

    @mudfly said:

    When this......

    Gets turned into this.....

    all sense has been lost.....

    There's a reason there are only a handful of posters on this political board and it's NOT because it's too sensible or reasonable ...

    and this board epitomizes the polarity....which is what we're saying....

    It's already a mad house.......

    I'm trying... 🙁

  • When this......

    @blowe said:

    I know I don't post often but I have been lurking on this sub forum for years. It's entertaining

    Gets turned into this.....

    @mld-woody said:

    "Look at all of these bickering posters. They're ants. They know nothing. Dance for me ants. Your quarrels entertain me."

    all sense has been lost.....

    There's a reason there are only a handful of posters on this political board and it's NOT because it's too sensible or reasonable ...

    @mld-woody said:

    We're polarized as fuck in the US. We all realize that (though not always with the same reasoning).

    If we actually had to evenly partisan sides on this board, holy fuck. This would be a madhouse.

    and this board epitomizes the polarity....which is what we're saying....

    It's already a mad house.......

    @mudfly said:

    When this......

    Gets turned into this.....

    all sense has been lost.....

    There's a reason there are only a handful of posters on this political board and it's NOT because it's too sensible or reasonable ...

    and this board epitomizes the polarity....which is what we're saying....

    It's already a mad house.......

    I mean, you didn't even show the actual quote I was responding to...

  • And again, if you have common sense, reason, etc, please post on this board. We need more of that.

    ... Though the last time I responded to you it was after some rant of yours, that involved Smith being picked 4 spots ahead of Funchess...

  • And again, if you have common sense, reason, etc, please post on this board. We need more of that.

    ... Though the last time I responded to you it was after some rant of yours, that involved Smith being picked 4 spots ahead of Funchess...

    @mld-woody said:

    And again, if you have common sense, reason, etc, please post on this board. We need more of that.

    ... Though the last time I responded to you it was after some rant of yours, that involved Smith being picked 4 spots ahead of Funchess...

    Woody you cant even get along with the guys over on the Browns forum. What does that tell you?

  • @mudfly said:

    When this......

    Gets turned into this.....

    all sense has been lost.....

    There's a reason there are only a handful of posters on this political board and it's NOT because it's too sensible or reasonable ...

    and this board epitomizes the polarity....which is what we're saying....

    It's already a mad house.......

    I mean, you didn't even show the actual quote I was responding to...

    Ill respond and then Im moving on....not willing to feed your intense need to argue.....

    @mld-woody said:

    I mean, you didn't even show the actual quote I was responding to...

    Really?.....ok then, my bad(see how easy it is for me to accept I might be wrong).....so, .which quote was it?

    @mld-woody said:

    And again, if you have common sense, reason, etc, please post on this board. We need more of that.


    ... Though the last time I responded to you it was after some rant of yours, that involved Smith being picked 4 spots ahead of Funchess...

    My common sense and reason are exactly why I DONT post here......why discuss things with people who have zero interest in discussion or compromise. Everything posted on this board is some type of attack or attempt to make people wrong. There are zero posts looking for reasonable intelligent discussion, compromise or common ground.

    And, finally, like a girl, you reach into your bag and dig up some ancient completely unrelated old argument for effect. Though I dont want to rehash, I will one...last....time......

    I once mentioned on a thread that Smith(who was "at the time" projected to go in the 4th) would probably go ahead of Funchess(who "at the time" was projected to go in the 1st) and YOU freaked out and came after me saying I was crazy and calling me a homer(although Ive never posted ANTHING about OSU or their players)...

    While my perspective is that I was simply correct in my assessment of the 2 players and you were the homer who got all butthurt because I thought Smith was better....see?.....and now, 6 months later, you still are crying about me being right....

  • I think you need to read that thread again, haha. I didn't do any if the things you described.

    Also, good job showing how you wont feed the argument and your ability to admit being incorrect... By immediately not doing those things.

  • I think you need to read that thread again, haha. I didn't do any if the things you described.

    Also, good job showing how you wont feed the argument and your ability to admit being incorrect... By immediately not doing those things.

    @mld-woody said:

    good job showing how you wont feed the argument and your ability to admit being incorrect... By immediately not doing those things.

    I dont really get this.....how I wont feed what argument?......and where did I say anything that?.....

    And I did accept I was wrong, just asked you to show me.....since it was you arguing that I had misquoted you....see below, your quote saying I showed the wrong one....VVVVVVV

    @mld-woody said:

    I mean, you didn't even show the actual quote I was responding to...

    Then below is my reply and request for clarification....VVVVVV

    @mudfly said:

    Really?.....ok then, my bad.....so, .which quote was it?

    To help.....the part that says "really?" is me understanding I may have misquoted you.

    And the part that says "ok then" is me accepting it.

    And the part that says "my bad" is me telling you I made the mistake.....

    So......dont know how this isnt me saying I was wrong.....of course, I did ask for a correction on which quote you were referring to....so....which quote should I have posted, since I so clearly misquoted you???

    The irony in all this is how I dont normally post here because I think its a shit hole and stupid fights are not my thing. Then I posted an example to show how twisted things can get.....and POW.....Woodly blows it up and now Im in a shit hole discussion....the irony is killing me....

    And this all boils back to you saying I misquoted you, which I would have quickly said fine to.....yet, instead of just showing which quote, we gotta do the stupid woody debate thing....

    So Woody, if youd like to show your the reasonable one and not part of the problem here, how about just making a normal post saying "you misquoted me and here is the right quote"......thats what reasonable people do....instead of serving me 2 posts, with one saying Im wrong, but with NO correction and another just stirring the bitch pot with some old reference to some totally different unrelated subject.....

    @mudfly said:

  • I was talking about the rest of your post, the bulk of it. Where you said I did all of these things in a thread I never did.

    Also, it takes two to tango. And you're dancing a lot more than I am....

  • I was talking about the rest of your post, the bulk of it. Where you said I did all of these things in a thread I never did.

    Also, it takes two to tango. And you're dancing a lot more than I am....

    @mld-woody said:

    I was talking about the rest of your post, the bulk of it. Where you said I did all of these things in a thread I never did.

    Also, it takes two to tango. And you're dancing a lot more than I am....

    Im simply trying to get you to answer ONE question......the whole time, one simple question.....tis you going all over the place to avoid it.....

    Below(for the 3rd time) is YOUR original comment to me...I accepted I could be wrong and have asked you over and over to simply answer the question, yet you dont......which pretty much establishes the original quote was correct....the rest is just crap woody and the perfect example of my original point.....that it cant be ever a "reasonable" discussion, but always a bitch fest.....because Ive tried to draw you into a reason discussion and you insist on a petty argument instead....and you cant see that...or answer your original accusation that I miss quoted you...

    @mld-woody said:

    I mean, you didn't even show the actual quote I was responding to...

    so......back to the actual point that you keep missing.....quote please?

  • @mudfly said:

    Entertaining?...or frightening?

    To me, its a microcosm of the extreme partisanship that now plagues this country and has caused gridlock and a complete lack of synergy or cooperation within our government(and people).....

    Its not entertaining....it's sad.

    You summed it all up pretty well. The banter back and forth and everyone thinking they are correct is the entertaining part.

    @blowe said:

    You summed it all up pretty well. The banter back and forth and everyone thinking they are correct is the entertaining part.

    That. You could have easily just looked a few posts up...

    The post of yours from a few weeks ago was brought up as an example of you going on rants. Within that original rant, you make claims I posted things that I never did. That is all I'm saying.

    Keep responding to the petty arguments you are no way involved in.

    ..

  • @blowe said:

    You summed it all up pretty well. The banter back and forth and everyone thinking they are correct is the entertaining part.

    That. You could have easily just looked a few posts up...

    The post of yours from a few weeks ago was brought up as an example of you going on rants. Within that original rant, you make claims I posted things that I never did. That is all I'm saying.

    Keep responding to the petty arguments you are no way involved in.

    ..

    @mld-woody said:

    That. You could have easily just looked a few posts up...

    The post of yours from a few weeks ago was brought up as an example of you going on rants. Within that original rant, you make claims I posted things that I never did. That is all I'm saying.

    Keep responding to the petty arguments you are no way involved in.

    ..

    See?....why was that so hard?.....sheesh.....and I am sorry I misquoted you(thats me admitting I was wrong....again).....we could have done this 12 posts back, dont you think?

    And, I will even correct my original post(below) to reflect your correction to me.....done....VVVVVVVV

    @mudfly said:

    When this......

    ""The banter back and forth and everyone thinking they are correct is the entertaining part."""

    Gets turned into this.....

    "Look at all of these bickering posters. They're ants. They know nothing. Dance for me ants. Your quarrels entertain me."

    all sense has been lost.....

    There's a reason there are only a handful of posters on this political board and it's NOT because it's too sensible or reasonable ...

    and this board epitomizes the polarity....which is what we're saying....

    It's already a mad house.......

    Fixed....happy?

  • Well, I mean, I still don't agree. But at least you have the right chain of quotes now

    There's also your inaccurate recollection of past threads, but not much I can do there.

  • yeah...I have a bad memory....thats why its best to stick to the discussion at hand, instead up digging old shit that has nothing to do with the discussion....which it really isnt(a discussion), cause thats not possible here...which was my original point...

    again.....a complete lack of ability to reasonably discuss the topic at hand....like a skipping record......

    and you dont have to agree and have the right to say that....fine....I rarely see you agree with anything, so that isnt a revelation or anything....

    To me it looks like a clown room. To you, it's something else. Good on ya! Im sure it's a GREAT way for you spend your days and Im happy you've found refuge here. No need to be offended by our revulsion to it all.