Michigan's Contract with Nike
-
We need to go back to Nike too. Adidas blows.
-
He may still be, but time is not on his side.
That is my university too. I care. An outsider would have a hard time understanding exactly what Denard did.
I'm honestly confused, what do you mean by "squatty"?
It is very similar to what he did in college. The Jags originally tried to teach him a handful of spots, then got smart and focused on HB. He'll add KR this season.
You're probably right though that QB to WR is more difficult because of the catching. At HB, then running and following blocks is slightly different, but still similar to what a run first QB does.
He may still be, but time is not on his side.
That is my university too. I care. An outsider would have a hard time understanding exactly what Denard did.
Its not an issue of understanding....it is simply that there are 10,000 other college football players that are "good people" as well. Unless he is a friend or relative of mine....all he is to me is a paid performer (paid can include scholarship)
I'm honestly confused, what do you mean by "squatty"?
Short and muscular.
It is very similar to what he did in college. The Jags originally tried to teach him a handful of spots, then got smart and focused on HB. He'll add KR this season.
Probably smart
You're probably right though that QB to WR is more difficult because of the catching. At HB, then running and following blocks is slightly different, but still similar to what a run first QB does.
Precisely.
-
Like I said, I don't think you could understand without being involved with the school/team.
Oh, gotcha. He's QB short, but football player average. Maybe slightly above average for a HB, idk.
Definitely smart. Overloading a rookie with a bunch of new positions is a dumb idea.
-
Like I said, I don't think you could understand without being involved with the school/team.
Oh, gotcha. He's QB short, but football player average. Maybe slightly above average for a HB, idk.
Definitely smart. Overloading a rookie with a bunch of new positions is a dumb idea.
Like I said, I don't think you could understand without being involved with the school/team.
I could understand....I just don't care.
Oh, gotcha. He's QB short, but football player average. Maybe slightly above average for a HB, idk.
Right...more halfback build.
Definitely smart. Overloading a rookie with a bunch of new positions is a dumb idea.
Sure.
-
Woody, sorry if this was already discovered. We debate Adidas vs. Nike on my A&M board all the time. It's important to note that while Nike may give a bigger contract, the payout to the school could still be less than before.
-
Nike apparently gave a smaller offer than Adidas or UA, and it is now still the largest in the country.
Michigan doesn't really need to chase money. With donors like Stephen Ross, we do just fine
-
Yes no one else has any huge donors. All having a huge donor does is put you on par. You really think Michigan is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's precious.
-
Yes, Ross only donated $200 million. No biggie.
We also do pretty well with endowments and athletic revenue...
The point is, we have plenty of money (as do some other schools). We chose Nike for other reasons than money and still got the largest deal ever. The money wasn't the main concern.
I'm not overstating Michigan here. It is just hard for some SEC fans to look outside of their bubble sometimes.
-
Yes, Ross only donated $200 million. No biggie.
We also do pretty well with endowments and athletic revenue...
The point is, we have plenty of money (as do some other schools). We chose Nike for other reasons than money and still got the largest deal ever. The money wasn't the main concern.
I'm not overstating Michigan here. It is just hard for some SEC fans to look outside of their bubble sometimes.
Yes, Ross only donated $200 million. No biggie.
We also do pretty well with endowments and athletic revenue...
The point is, we have plenty of money (as do some other schools). We chose Nike for other reasons than money and still got the largest deal ever. The money wasn't the main concern.
I'm not overstating Michigan here. It is just hard for some SEC fans to look outside of their bubble sometimes.
The school my daughter goes to got a Billion dollars from the Walton Family....as the daughter attended there. But their sphincter's are tighter than a dried up dead frog's ass. Not only that, instead of dispensing those funds to help educate their students, the Walton's will "lend you money".....that you have to pay back at a probable above market rate of interest I have no doubt.
-
I Google'd "Walton Family College Donation" and I see mostly articles about hoe they don't donate enough. What school was it?
-
I Google'd "Walton Family College Donation" and I see mostly articles about hoe they don't donate enough. What school was it?
I Google'd "Walton Family College Donation" and I see mostly articles about hoe they don't donate enough. What school was it?
Trinity University in San Antonio. It is a small school of only 2500 students, yet has over a 1 Billion dollar endowment.
It has a bigger endowment than: Baylor, Syracuse, Cincinnati, Colorado, Kentucky, Tennessee
About the same as Texas Tech.
Per student, it has the 24th highest endowment to student ratio in the nation.....Most of the ones ahead of it have names like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, MIT, Cal Tech, Duke, and a few much more well know smaller schools like Williams, Smith, Pomona, Swarthmore, Bowdoin, Wellesly.
Let's just say that it is the least well known of the top 25.....and probably considered to be the least in academics of that group. Don't get me wrong, it is a good school. But they are tightwad pricks at that place given the resources they have. Their endowment to student ratio is almost double that of Cornell, where my son is attending grad school.....and at least 5 times that of the undergrad school where he went. They have one fifth the resources that Trinity had....but gave 4 times the money than Trinity.
I guess I am only assuming that a school that small...that unknown...and not that highly ranked academically compared to others with the same resources must have gotten a lot of it from the wealthiest family in America, one of whom attended that school. Maybe not. Maybe the Waltons are just as tightassed with their donations as they are at giving their employees a decent wage.
-
Oh, I thought you meant they actually donated $1 billion to the school.
-
Oh, I thought you meant they actually donated $1 billion to the school.
The total endowment is about 1.2 Billion. As I said, I can only surmise that a huge chunk of that came from them.
-
Probably. You're right, it does seem a little strange the school has that high of an endowment. Having some of that Walmart money helps though
-
Yes, the guy who thinks no school on earth can possibly compare to Michigan in any category is going to tell me I'm in a bubble. Project much?
-
I said that? Where did I say that?
I mean, you're posting it like I did... So it must exist somewhere.
I'll wait...
-
It emanates from your posts.
-
Any school can get rich alumni to give money............
But only 1 BIG TEN school has ever won the BCS National Championship
and then the same school won the 1st Playoff
The BCS was around for 16 years, Ohio State played in 10 BCS games.............more then anyone...........went 6-4
They also played in 3 title games going 1-2
The 2nd best Big Ten team played in 5 BCS games and went 2-3..............and that's 2 different teams.
-
It emanates from your posts.
Any comment I make about the Michigan's relative standing in some category is based on fact. If you disagree, provide your own argument for why I'm wrong.
Don't use those situations to say u think they're the best at everything ever. Follow along, and try not to create a straw man here.
-
It's in your tone. "With donors like Stephen Ross, we do just fine." Yes, it is technically accurate, but it's an incredibly lame attempt at bragging.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login