Skip to content

Michigan's Contract with Nike

College Football Forum
48 6 2.3k
  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Any school can get rich alumni to give money............

    But only 1 BIG TEN school has ever won the BCS National Championship

    and then the same school won the 1st Playoff

    The BCS was around for 16 years, Ohio State played in 10 BCS games.............more then anyone...........went 6-4

    They also played in 3 title games going 1-2

    The 2nd best Big Ten team played in 5 BCS games and went 2-3..............and that's 2 different teams.

  • It emanates from your posts.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @wargograw said:

    It emanates from your posts.

    Any comment I make about the Michigan's relative standing in some category is based on fact. If you disagree, provide your own argument for why I'm wrong.

    Don't use those situations to say u think they're the best at everything ever. Follow along, and try not to create a straw man here.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #41

    It's in your tone. "With donors like Stephen Ross, we do just fine." Yes, it is technically accurate, but it's an incredibly lame attempt at bragging.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Yes, I agree that you don't have anything to back your statements up...

    You made a comment we could be getting less money and how that could be an issue. I let you know we're fine financially either way.

    You then took that as me saying Michigan is the best at everything, ever. I state facts, if you disagree, disprove them.

    Other than that this back and forth is getting old. I think I'll just reply to you in the other thread now. Idk if it is jealousy, ignorance, or you just trolling... But it's getting old.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #43

    Look, in this context there's only one area in which michigan matters: football. They're not good at it. They haven't been good at it for a long time now. They're not on the level of OSU or Alabama. Not even close. I don't care about jim harbaugh. Until they prove it on the field they are a doormat.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #44

    The only area Michigan matters in is football? You mean to you personally or everyone?

    And yeah, we haven't been very good recently. The #2 v #1 game, and a BCS win a few years later, but that's it.

    Everything is in place now to correct that. CFB goes in cycles. Michigan being down isn't the norm. It will be corrected and hopefully we don't hit a down patch again like this for decades.

    Every big team can/will have it happen. We'll have to see when that is for Bama and OSU.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #45

    In this context woody. This context is the college football page. I didn't think this would be that hard for an engineer to figure out.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Sure. A little extra clarification helps. Especially since more than just Michigan's football program has been "under attack" on this board...

  • Sure. A little extra clarification helps. Especially since more than just Michigan's football program has been "under attack" on this board...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @mld-woody said:

    Sure. A little extra clarification helps. Especially since more than just Michigan's football program has been "under attack" on this board...

    If it is under attack it has primarily been from internal cancer cells. Maybe Harbaugh is chemotherapy for the program....or maybe not.

    (Don't you just love the analogies that I come up with? 😉 )

  • Yes, I agree that you don't have anything to back your statements up...

    You made a comment we could be getting less money and how that could be an issue. I let you know we're fine financially either way.

    You then took that as me saying Michigan is the best at everything, ever. I state facts, if you disagree, disprove them.

    Other than that this back and forth is getting old. I think I'll just reply to you in the other thread now. Idk if it is jealousy, ignorance, or you just trolling... But it's getting old.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @mld-woody said:

    Yes, I agree that you don't have anything to back your statements up...

    You made a comment we could be getting less money and how that could be an issue. I let you know we're fine financially either way.

    You then took that as me saying Michigan is the best at everything, ever. I state facts, if you disagree, disprove them.

    Other than that this back and forth is getting old. I think I'll just reply to you in the other thread now. Idk if it is jealousy, ignorance, or you just trolling... But it's getting old.

    By your logic there should be a laundry list of things they are taking less money on because good ole Mr. Ross will help them out.