Skip to content

Michigan's Contract with Nike

College Football Forum
48 6 2.3k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Yes, I'm actually making a Michigan thread...

    This contract will impact a lot of schools going forward. OSU too.

    God damn though

    "According to contract details released by the Michigan athletic department, the university's deal with Nike is worth $169 million over 11 years, making it by far the richest of all apparel deals in collegiate athletics. The contract, which will supply all 31 U‐M athletic programs with uniforms, footwear, apparel and equipment, will pay $76.8 million in cash and $80.2 million in apparel.

    Michigan will receive $12 million upfront, followed by $10.1 million-$10.9 million annually in cash and apparel/equipment."

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by WalterWhite
    #2

    What happened to the whole "keep big money out of politics and education" lecture you Liberals love so much?

  • What happened to the whole "keep big money out of politics and education" lecture you Liberals love so much?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @walterwhite said:

    What happened to the whole "keep big money out of politics and education" lecture you Liberals love so much?

    What an incredibly pathetic attempt to troll this thread. Not only have I never made any threads on that subject, but it us completely irrelevant to this thread.

    Please, don't embarrass yourself.

  • @walterwhite said:

    What happened to the whole "keep big money out of politics and education" lecture you Liberals love so much?

    What an incredibly pathetic attempt to troll this thread. Not only have I never made any threads on that subject, but it us completely irrelevant to this thread.

    Please, don't embarrass yourself.

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @mld-woody said:

    What an incredibly pathetic attempt to troll this thread. Not only have I never made any threads on that subject, but it us completely irrelevant to this thread.

    Please, don't embarrass yourself.

    It shows your selective outrage. You don't mind the cash when it flows to your doorstep and interest but god forbid Donald Trump donate money.

  • @mld-woody said:

    What an incredibly pathetic attempt to troll this thread. Not only have I never made any threads on that subject, but it us completely irrelevant to this thread.

    Please, don't embarrass yourself.

    It shows your selective outrage. You don't mind the cash when it flows to your doorstep and interest but god forbid Donald Trump donate money.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @walterwhite said:

    It shows your selective outrage. You don't mind the cash when it flows to your doorstep and interest but god forbid Donald Trump donate money.

    I'm not biting. I'm done.

    Maybe someone will post something about the thread topic and CFB

  • @walterwhite said:

    It shows your selective outrage. You don't mind the cash when it flows to your doorstep and interest but god forbid Donald Trump donate money.

    I'm not biting. I'm done.

    Maybe someone will post something about the thread topic and CFB

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm not biting. I'm done.

    Maybe someone will post something about the thread topic and CFB

    OK....the extra money won't help them beat Ohio St.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #7

    No shit.

    But it will impact OSUs next apparel deal. They'll probably leapfrog this.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I hope they don't nike up Michigans pretty classic uniform

  • I hope they don't nike up Michigans pretty classic uniform

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I hope they don't nike up Michigans pretty classic uniform

    People were already pretty pissed at Adidas doing that. From the bumblebee uniforms to the highlighter yellow maize.

    Everyone wanted to go back to Nike. Fans, players, employees, etc. I had heard the Under Armor and Adidas offered even more than Nike too. Actually, UA would have been cool too because they make high quality shit.

  • No shit.

    But it will impact OSUs next apparel deal. They'll probably leapfrog this.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mld-woody said:

    No shit.

    But it will impact OSUs next apparel deal. They'll probably leapfrog this.

    Sucks for you.

  • @mld-woody said:

    No shit.

    But it will impact OSUs next apparel deal. They'll probably leapfrog this.

    Sucks for you.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    Sucks for you.

    ...not really... But ok...

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm not biting. I'm done.

    Maybe someone will post something about the thread topic and CFB

    OK....the extra money won't help them beat Ohio St.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-gipper said:

    OK....the extra money won't help them beat Ohio St.

    It would help FSU.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK....the extra money won't help them beat Ohio St.

    It would help FSU.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @browns149 said:

    It would help FSU.

    How?

  • @browns149 said:

    It would help FSU.

    How?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    How?

    FREE SHOE U

    gotta pay the guys to play at FSU

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #15

    That's what bagmen are for.

    And whoever got Pryor those sweet rides šŸ˜‰

  • That's what bagmen are for.

    And whoever got Pryor those sweet rides šŸ˜‰

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mld-woody said:

    That's what bagmen are for.

    And whoever got Pryor those sweet rides šŸ˜‰

    Rich Rod.....it didn't help....Rich Rod wanted Pryor didn't go to WVa....and when RR went to Mich. Pryor wanted none of that so he came to OSU...and still kept the ride RR gave him.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17

    RRod kept giving him rides as an OSU student? Weird.

    Pryor would have been amazing in a RRod offense. And Denard as a "Percy Harvin" role, god damn. He'd still be coaching here. His inability to coach D or hire a good DC wouldn't be so bad if they scored 50 a game.

    But then we'd have to deal with Pryor the person. And Denard probably wouldn't have ever come here. So, really, idk if I would make that change. Probably not.

  • RRod kept giving him rides as an OSU student? Weird.

    Pryor would have been amazing in a RRod offense. And Denard as a "Percy Harvin" role, god damn. He'd still be coaching here. His inability to coach D or hire a good DC wouldn't be so bad if they scored 50 a game.

    But then we'd have to deal with Pryor the person. And Denard probably wouldn't have ever come here. So, really, idk if I would make that change. Probably not.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mld-woody said:

    RRod kept giving him rides as an OSU student? Weird.

    Gave him a car.

    Pryor would have been amazing in a RRod offense.

    As what? A WR

    And Denard as a "Percy Harvin" role, god damn. He'd still be coaching here. His inability to coach D or hire a good DC wouldn't be so bad if they scored 50 a game.

    You overestimate Dennard's abilities.

    What has he done in the pros?

    But then we'd have to deal with Pryor the person. And Denard probably wouldn't have ever come here. So, really, idk if I would make that change. Probably not.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Well clearly RRod needed to give him more cars. OSU outbid us!

    No, as a spread QB. Pat White was amazing in it. Denard was amazing in it. Pryor would have been as well, plus, he'd actually have QB size but keep the speed.

    And yes, I still think Pryor could have been an amazing WR.

    I wasn't even talking about Denards abilities. I was talking about his personality, who he is as a person, how he represented the university, etc.

    In the pros? He spent one season recovering from a nerve injury and learning like 5 positions. Then the Jags realized that was a bad idea and let him focus on one. When Gerhart went down and he got his chance last year,he performed very well. He had a 4 week stretch with almost 400 yards and 4 TDs. On a terrible Jags team.

    It is a reasonable bet to say he'll be more productive in the NFL than Pryor...

  • Well clearly RRod needed to give him more cars. OSU outbid us!

    No, as a spread QB. Pat White was amazing in it. Denard was amazing in it. Pryor would have been as well, plus, he'd actually have QB size but keep the speed.

    And yes, I still think Pryor could have been an amazing WR.

    I wasn't even talking about Denards abilities. I was talking about his personality, who he is as a person, how he represented the university, etc.

    In the pros? He spent one season recovering from a nerve injury and learning like 5 positions. Then the Jags realized that was a bad idea and let him focus on one. When Gerhart went down and he got his chance last year,he performed very well. He had a 4 week stretch with almost 400 yards and 4 TDs. On a terrible Jags team.

    It is a reasonable bet to say he'll be more productive in the NFL than Pryor...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #20

    @mld-woody said:

    Well clearly RRod needed to give him more cars. OSU outbid us!

    No, as a spread QB. Pat White was amazing in it. Denard was amazing in it. Pryor would have been as well, plus, he'd actually have QB size but keep the speed.

    And yes, I still think Pryor could have been an amazing WR.

    May still be

    I wasn't even talking about Denards abilities. I was talking about his personality, who he is as a person, how he represented the university, etc.

    Who cares about that...unless you are his mama or his employer?

    In the pros? He spent one season recovering from a nerve injury and learning like 5 positions. Then the Jags realized that was a bad idea and let him focus on one. When Gerhart went down and he got his chance last year,he performed very well. He had a 4 week stretch with almost 400 yards and 4 TDs. On a terrible Jags team.

    It is a reasonable bet to say he'll be more productive in the NFL than Pryor...

    Maybe so.....Robinson will be asked to do different things. With his squatty body he may be an OK speedster out of the backfield. Essentially he is really just going to do what he did in college....run the ball abd skitter around.(but now he does not have to worry about passing).

    Pryor's transition I believe is far different and difficult to the WR spot.