Brady suspension UPHELD
-
-
My thoughts:
1) Wilson makes all balls to the same specs. Why so strict on the amount of air in 'em?
BUT...
2) If Brady broke rules, he deserves to be punished. What concerns me is that, if he destroyed his phone, it makes me think that some texts may have been yet ANOTHER violation of another rule (ala Farmer?) & calling for additional penalties?
Mike
-
Brady should sue the NFL.
I'm not sure how Goodell can use a report that isn't definitive, and ignores basic science, as reason to suspend Brady.
It hurts his case badly that he destroyed his cell phone....apparently on purpose. Lets just say that in criminal defense terms, that is a major indicator of guilt. In fact, it would be an entire separate criminal offense in and of itself. Good thing this is not a criminal prosecution. Nevertheless....a judge hearing a civil case can apply the same principals.
It hurts his case badly that he destroyed his cell phone....apparently on purpose. Lets just say that in criminal defense terms, that is a major indicator of guilt. In fact, it would be an entire separate criminal offense in and of itself. Good thing this is not a criminal prosecution. Nevertheless....a judge hearing a civil case can apply the same principals.
I hate the Patriots, but Brady's being smart. I'm not giving my cell phone to Goodell either, he's got no right to see it.
Brady probably sought advice from a bunch of folks, including the NFLPA. Goodell's got no right to see those messages.
-
FUCK BRADY.
FUCK BRADY.
until he plays for the browns.
-
the whole thing is friggin ridiculous. i'm no scientist but can't air pressure be affected by many different elements? and now what, do we have someone sticking a rectal thermometer up a ball's ass after every play? just more bullshit to add to what will soon become another thing to take away from the game.
You can always stop watching if you want. No?
You can always stop watching if you want. No?
just saying it'd be an annoyance. sorta like your trivia posts.
-
It hurts his case badly that he destroyed his cell phone....apparently on purpose. Lets just say that in criminal defense terms, that is a major indicator of guilt. In fact, it would be an entire separate criminal offense in and of itself. Good thing this is not a criminal prosecution. Nevertheless....a judge hearing a civil case can apply the same principals.
I hate the Patriots, but Brady's being smart. I'm not giving my cell phone to Goodell either, he's got no right to see it.
Brady probably sought advice from a bunch of folks, including the NFLPA. Goodell's got no right to see those messages.
I hate the Patriots, but Brady's being smart. I'm not giving my cell phone to Goodell either, he's got no right to see it.
Brady probably sought advice from a bunch of folks, including the NFLPA. Goodell's got no right to see those messages.
The NFL would have that right if Brady sued to be reinstated. Again, destruction of critical evidence is an indices of guilt.
I think Brady had the right to destroy the phone....and the arbitrator has the right to assume he did so in order to destroy evidence of his "guilt".
So, from my point of view, having destroyed the evidence....Brady should accept the punishment.
-
You can always stop watching if you want. No?
just saying it'd be an annoyance. sorta like your trivia posts.
-
Have you tried this week's? Or does trying them deflate something?
yep. my ego. lol!
-
Brady should sue the NFL.
I'm not sure how Goodell can use a report that isn't definitive, and ignores basic science, as reason to suspend Brady.
Brady should sue the NFL.
I'm not sure how Goodell can use a report that isn't definitive, and ignores basic science, as reason to suspend Brady.
Your Michigan is showing..
-
Brady should sue the NFL.
I'm not sure how Goodell can use a report that isn't definitive, and ignores basic science, as reason to suspend Brady.
Your Michigan is showing..
Your Michigan is showing..
Oh, I can't have an opinion because I'm a Michigan fan?
I assume that means no OSU fan can have an opinion either...
1) Innocent until proven guilty. Brady has yet to be proven guilty
2) Any incriminating texts would be on the recipients phone. Plus texts just don't disappear into thin air when the phone breaks.
3) The Wells report is incredibly flawed and isn't even sure of its own conclusion
4) The Ideal Gas Law accounts for all of the fluctuations in psi. It isn't complicated.
Goodell decided the punishment. He wasn't going to ok an appeal ignoring his own punishment. He was in a lose lose situation. Now Brady and the NFLPA will sue his ass.
-
He destroyed his cellphone.
when you refuse to take a breath analyzer test....
you get cited.
Brady refused to take a "check my cell phone" test.
He got cited.
The NFL doesn't go my mishitgan rules.
-
Your Michigan is showing..
Oh, I can't have an opinion because I'm a Michigan fan?
I assume that means no OSU fan can have an opinion either...
1) Innocent until proven guilty. Brady has yet to be proven guilty
2) Any incriminating texts would be on the recipients phone. Plus texts just don't disappear into thin air when the phone breaks.
3) The Wells report is incredibly flawed and isn't even sure of its own conclusion
4) The Ideal Gas Law accounts for all of the fluctuations in psi. It isn't complicated.
Goodell decided the punishment. He wasn't going to ok an appeal ignoring his own punishment. He was in a lose lose situation. Now Brady and the NFLPA will sue his ass.
Oh, I can't have an opinion because I'm a Michigan fan?
I assume that means no OSU fan can have an opinion either...
1) Innocent until proven guilty. Brady has yet to be proven guilty
2) Any incriminating texts would be on the recipients phone. Plus texts just don't disappear into thin air when the phone breaks.
3) The Wells report is incredibly flawed and isn't even sure of its own conclusion
4) The Ideal Gas Law accounts for all of the fluctuations in psi. It isn't complicated.
Goodell decided the punishment. He wasn't going to ok an appeal ignoring his own punishment. He was in a lose lose situation. Now Brady and the NFLPA will sue his ass.
The biggest thing that frustrates me with this logic is simple. the NFL isn't a court of law and it never will be. the NFL has the right to suspend its players for conduct just like any other employer does for its employees. I get there's a union but this is the truth all the same. Tom Brady has the right to sue the NFL just like I have the right to sue for wrongful employment. If he does go to court and this phone destruction is indeed true, that puts a TON of doubt in his argument he did not have any guilt.
Tom Brady made the NFL look bad and tried to pretty boy and be arrogant to get out of it. It didn't work, plain and simple.
-
Tom Brady doesn't need to try to make the NFL look bad. It makes itself looks bad easily enough.
I'm not sure how it is "arrogant" to say you shouldn't be suspended for something when the main incriminating report isn't even sure if you're guilty. He fought a wrongful suspension, no arrogance involved. Again, I'll keep going back to the scientific evidence brought up in the response to the Wells report.
This will go to court and it will make the NFL look evn worse.
-
problem is the player's union signed off on goodell having ultimate power, so he, when it comes to the players is judge, jury and executioner.
now if it was one of the owners under scrutiny and getting squeezed for some reason that would be swept under the rug in record time and long forgotten by now.
i don't understand the hate some people throw at an accomplished player, team or coach etc. if it was bernie kosar or sam rutigliano or brian sipe we'd be defending them until our undying breath.
BUT NO, brady is a cheater because the football he threw that ONE game against the colts was one scintilla of a scintilla off making him a cheater and scumbag. if that's what you people call a cheater and scumbag then ihop you have clean closets cuz most of you/us wouldn't pass muster when it comes to the squeeky clean that is tom brady.
i don't love roethlisberger because he plays for the stoolers. but if he were a brown, we'd all be standing in line to catch a fart in the face from him.
get over yourselves. geez, it's a fucking game.
-
bs. Brady even destroyed his cell phone. It wasn't just one game.
Other players from other teams have chimed in on that.
And rothrapistbarfsonhisburger? Speak for yourself. He's scum, and he would be scum
regardless of the team he plays for.
-
ok mister i hate the gov't. you gonna give up your phone to have some guy lurk through your calls?
doubt it. all the rights everyone screams for go out the window when it's someone you dislike. i get it.
BTW, I'm not talking about off the field stuff, just on the field. Cuz we all know we can't defend what the browns all time HOF rb did off the field.
-
"rothrapistbarfsonhisburger" just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it.
-
I'm over deflate gate. Let brady play I say. If a couple of psi is the reason for the utter dominance if thr patriots for fifteen years we need to start looking at it in Berea
-
I'm over deflate gate. Let brady play I say. If a couple of psi is the reason for the utter dominance if thr patriots for fifteen years we need to start looking at it in Berea
I'm over deflate gate. Let brady play I say. If a couple of psi is the reason for the utter dominance if thr patriots for fifteen years we need to start looking at it in Berea
for real. same people that think brady is a cheater think belichick is a bum.
both first ballot HOFers and at this point belichick is pushing lombardi for being the greatest coach of all time.
sorry they're not on my team but that doesn't mean i don't see what they are.
-
Tom Brady doesn't need to try to make the NFL look bad. It makes itself looks bad easily enough.
I'm not sure how it is "arrogant" to say you shouldn't be suspended for something when the main incriminating report isn't even sure if you're guilty. He fought a wrongful suspension, no arrogance involved. Again, I'll keep going back to the scientific evidence brought up in the response to the Wells report.
This will go to court and it will make the NFL look evn worse.
Tom Brady doesn't need to try to make the NFL look bad. It makes itself looks bad easily enough.
I'm not sure how it is "arrogant" to say you shouldn't be suspended for something when the main incriminating report isn't even sure if you're guilty. He fought a wrongful suspension, no arrogance involved. Again, I'll keep going back to the scientific evidence brought up in the response to the Wells report.
This will go to court and it will make the NFL look evn worse.
He's arrogant because he could have gotten down to 1 game but is choosing this instead. You think it's wrongful, but I don't. It's not a matter of disliking Brady, it's a matter of looking at all the variables. I don't understand why it's hard for people to realize the "scientific evidence" means very little. Look at this matter of factly-Brady (and the Patriots) are accused of this. They are very uncooperative from the start and Brady destroys evidence that is pretty critical in the case. In the court of law these factors really weaken his case and will almost certainly not allow him to win in court. In fact, I'll bet a crisp $50 when the dust settles on this the end result is he doesn't win in court, but gets his suspension reduced. I admit it, I'm 100% convinced Brady knew this was going on. Sure, I don't think he made sure before every game but I'm confident the ball boys knew to do it for him. I also don't think it's the reason they've won all this time either, but it doesn't make it right.
As Mix pointed out, the Union based agreement means Goddell is perfectly within his legal right to suspend him. I disdain the guy but he hasn't sidestepped with Brady.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login