Skip to content

Shaun Rogers working out in Browns complex

The Browns Board
18 14 1.8k
  • I live in a college town, (Bowling Green) and I work at a sporting goods store. Of all the football players that have I have asked about the Shaun Rogers thing all of them have said something along the lines of, "He's the head coach and Shaun is just a player. Shaun should have approached Mangini." I like what Rogers did for us last year and I hope he does it again this year, but wanting to be released because the Head Coach didn't introduce himself?? Come on!

  • Does this mean that Mangini isn't an asshole anymore? Maybe he isn't the mean old guy that can't get along with people. Of course, former Jets players wanting to play for him should of been a hint.

    I hope he continues to set tough rules and makes everybody follow them. Enough kissing ass of prima donnas. Play football or hit the road, Uncle RAC is no longer in charge.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Does this mean that Mangini isn't an asshole anymore? Maybe he isn't the mean old guy that can't get along with people. Of course, former Jets players wanting to play for him should of been a hint.

    I hope he continues to set tough rules and makes everybody follow them. Enough kissing ass of prima donnas. Play football or hit the road, Uncle RAC is no longer in charge.

    Maybe, maybe...this is an indicator that Mangini is maturing in his head coaching and realizing that just b/c this "Belichek Way" seems to work for NE, that he doesn't HAVE to follow Bill's methods to a "t". He can still be the "team first" guy, but still accomodate his "actual players". Look how well the NE way is working for that dumb punk McDaniels...just cuz you're the guy for the team as a coach, doesn't disregard the fact that these guys are going to be emotional towards their team....their city...THEIR FANS!!! I'm ecstatic to see this coming about w/Mang and Rogers.

  • I live in a college town, (Bowling Green) and I work at a sporting goods store. Of all the football players that have I have asked about the Shaun Rogers thing all of them have said something along the lines of, "He's the head coach and Shaun is just a player. Shaun should have approached Mangini." I like what Rogers did for us last year and I hope he does it again this year, but wanting to be released because the Head Coach didn't introduce himself?? Come on!

    @manbearpig said:

    I live in a college town, (Bowling Green) and I work at a sporting goods store. Of all the football players that have I have asked about the Shaun Rogers thing all of them have said something along the lines of, "He's the head coach and Shaun is just a player. Shaun should have approached Mangini." I like what Rogers did for us last year and I hope he does it again this year, but wanting to be released because the Head Coach didn't introduce himself?? Come on!

    B G . . .

  • Great News!

    He is our leader by example on D and we NEED him.

  • like i said before.. media BS making and issue where there was none. people getting their panties in a bunch over nothing. this was never an issue other than some drama queens in the media and on this board

  • Shaun Rogers sat courtside at Wednesday Nights Cavs game and received a nice ovation when he was shown on the giant scoreboard.

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Does this mean that Mangini isn't an asshole anymore? Maybe he isn't the mean old guy that can't get along with people. Of course, former Jets players wanting to play for him should of been a hint.

    Just because this situation seems to be resolving in a positive fashion doesn't mean that Mangini handled things properly from the get-go.

    I hope he continues to set tough rules and makes everybody follow them. Enough kissing ass of prima donnas. Play football or hit the road, Uncle RAC is no longer in charge.

    Well, didn't Mangini change his rules a bit? According to at least some reports, he met with Rogers after previously refusing to meet with him one on one.

    I'm not trying to adopt JoeSixPat's opinion here, but there does seem to be a middle ground between his take and the "support Mangini, right or wrong!" position some here are inclined to adopt.

    Aloysius said:

    Just because this situation seems to be resolving in a positive fashion doesn't mean that Mangini handled things properly from the get-go.

    Well, didn't Mangini change his rules a bit? According to at least some reports, he met with Rogers after previously refusing to meet with him one on one.

    I'm not trying to adopt JoeSixPat's opinion here, but there does seem to be a middle ground between his take and the "support Mangini, right or wrong!" position some here are inclined to adopt.

    But, you are drawing all your conclusions from media reports that you don't know are correct of just BS, like most of this story.

    A undisciplined team better realize that the years of hugs and fatherly talks are over.

    So, facts are we don't know what the fact are so we don't know how Mangini handled the situation and we don't know what Mangini's rules are and we don't know if he refused to meet with Rogers because we don't know what the truth really is. I'm not taking Mangini's position "right or wrong", I'm just saying people are taking sides without even knowing what really happened.

    Too many knee jerk reactions. Just like the Quinns trade rumors and people wanting Stallworth sentenced before they even have half the facts. People were on here calling Mangini an asshole for how he handled the situation and people were saying dump Rogers he a big baby and there isn't a sole on this board that has half an idea of what really happened.

    Read your post and tell me how you can factually justify anything you said...........................You've come to an opinion from baseless media speculation.

    Come on, you are better then that.

  • Aloysius said:

    Just because this situation seems to be resolving in a positive fashion doesn't mean that Mangini handled things properly from the get-go.

    Well, didn't Mangini change his rules a bit? According to at least some reports, he met with Rogers after previously refusing to meet with him one on one.

    I'm not trying to adopt JoeSixPat's opinion here, but there does seem to be a middle ground between his take and the "support Mangini, right or wrong!" position some here are inclined to adopt.

    But, you are drawing all your conclusions from media reports that you don't know are correct of just BS, like most of this story.

    A undisciplined team better realize that the years of hugs and fatherly talks are over.

    So, facts are we don't know what the fact are so we don't know how Mangini handled the situation and we don't know what Mangini's rules are and we don't know if he refused to meet with Rogers because we don't know what the truth really is. I'm not taking Mangini's position "right or wrong", I'm just saying people are taking sides without even knowing what really happened.

    Too many knee jerk reactions. Just like the Quinns trade rumors and people wanting Stallworth sentenced before they even have half the facts. People were on here calling Mangini an asshole for how he handled the situation and people were saying dump Rogers he a big baby and there isn't a sole on this board that has half an idea of what really happened.

    Read your post and tell me how you can factually justify anything you said...........................You've come to an opinion from baseless media speculation.

    Come on, you are better then that.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    So, facts are we don't know what the fact are so we don't know how Mangini handled the situation and we don't know what Mangini's rules are and we don't know if he refused to meet with Rogers because we don't know what the truth really is.
    I'm not taking Mangini's position "right or wrong", I'm just saying people are taking sides without even knowing what really happened.

    Read your post and tell me how you can factually justify anything you said...........................You've come to an opinion from baseless media speculation.

    Come on, you are better then that.

    It's fair to say that we have imperfect knowledge of what's actually going on. But people are free to form opinions and share them with others. Otherwise, we're all complete idiots for posting here.

    If John Clayton reports that Mangini initially refused to meet with Rogers one on one, then we get reports that Mangini did end up meeting with him, it's fair to conclude that Mangini "changed his rules". If that did happen, I think it's a good thing, and it makes me like Mangini more that he (slightly) softened his position. Can't remember where, but I also read that Kokinis played a big role in hashing things out, which I think is a good sign - he seems like the personable, peacemaking type (though I don't have any factual way of justifying that).

    I'm fine with approaching things with a good deal of skepticism. But - not to pick on you personally - you were also one of those who responded to the initial reports of Rogers being upset by saying it's just the media crying about their access being limited. Which is my entire point: people tend to veer to extremes of either pro or anti-Mangini bias, and I'm hoping we can carve out a middle course.

    So as long as you continue keeping me honest, I'll return the favor by doing the same 😉

  • "Cleveland Browns Pro Bowl nose tackle Shaun Rogers sat courtside and received a nice ovation when he was shown on the giant scoreboard. "

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290325005

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    So, facts are we don't know what the fact are so we don't know how Mangini handled the situation and we don't know what Mangini's rules are and we don't know if he refused to meet with Rogers because we don't know what the truth really is.
    I'm not taking Mangini's position "right or wrong", I'm just saying people are taking sides without even knowing what really happened.

    Read your post and tell me how you can factually justify anything you said...........................You've come to an opinion from baseless media speculation.

    Come on, you are better then that.

    It's fair to say that we have imperfect knowledge of what's actually going on. But people are free to form opinions and share them with others. Otherwise, we're all complete idiots for posting here.

    If John Clayton reports that Mangini initially refused to meet with Rogers one on one, then we get reports that Mangini did end up meeting with him, it's fair to conclude that Mangini "changed his rules". If that did happen, I think it's a good thing, and it makes me like Mangini more that he (slightly) softened his position. Can't remember where, but I also read that Kokinis played a big role in hashing things out, which I think is a good sign - he seems like the personable, peacemaking type (though I don't have any factual way of justifying that).

    I'm fine with approaching things with a good deal of skepticism. But - not to pick on you personally - you were also one of those who responded to the initial reports of Rogers being upset by saying it's just the media crying about their access being limited. Which is my entire point: people tend to veer to extremes of either pro or anti-Mangini bias, and I'm hoping we can carve out a middle course.

    So as long as you continue keeping me honest, I'll return the favor by doing the same 😉

    Aloysius said:

    It's fair to say that we have imperfect knowledge of what's actually going on. But people are free to form opinions and share them with others. Otherwise, we're all complete idiots for posting here.

    If John Clayton reports that Mangini initially refused to meet with Rogers one on one, then we get reports that Mangini did end up meeting with him, it's fair to conclude that Mangini "changed his rules". If that did happen, I think it's a good thing, and it makes me like Mangini more that he (slightly) softened his position. Can't remember where, but I also read that Kokinis played a big role in hashing things out, which I think is a good sign - he seems like the personable, peacemaking type (though I don't have any factual way of justifying that).

    I'm fine with approaching things with a good deal of skepticism. But - not to pick on you personally - you were also one of those who responded to the initial reports of Rogers being upset by saying it's just the media crying about their access being limited. Which is my entire point: people tend to veer to extremes of either pro or anti-Mangini bias, and I'm hoping we can carve out a middle course.

    So as long as you continue keeping me honest, I'll return the favor by doing the same 😉

    we're cool, I'm stirring to pot for the knee jerkers. Got to have some controversy................ 😉😍