Skip to content

God Bless our Browns offensive line - squealers to revert to seek out....

The Browns Board
52 12 1.7k
  • Stuart said:

    Except that theres not much that separates a browns 1st and 3rd string QB in terms of talent.

    I would agree with that.

    However, I would confidently say that if a season ending injury occurred to Raplesburger, Flacco, or Dalton their chances of making the playoffs would be in the shitter. I'm not wishing any of them bad luck, but I would guess that the law of averages would say that one of those three are due for injury. I know Ben missed a few games several years back, but I can't recall Flacco or Dalton missing any games.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would agree with that.

    However, I would confidently say that if a season ending injury occurred to Raplesburger, Flacco, or Dalton their chances of making the playoffs would be in the shitter. I'm not wishing any of them bad luck, but I would guess that the law of averages would say that one of those three are due for injury. I know Ben missed a few games several years back, but I can't recall Flacco or Dalton missing any games.

    Absolutely. You take a franchise qb away from any team and it would be a death sentence.

  • Nobody is talking taking them lightly.

    Go back and read.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @calfoxwc said:

    Nobody is talking taking them lightly.

    Go back and read.

    Sounds to me like Gipper isn't too worried. But he thinks the Steelers should be

  • @the-gipper said:

    No worries. Browns certainly have no need to worry about tough, physical, dirty play by the Steelers. The reverse may not be true.

    Did I miss something? Are the Browns suddenly a playoff team? Favored in the division? Expecting an above .500 season? Do tell. Choco said it right. You on the other hand talk like the Brownies are suddenly some kind of contender and should be feared. Jees dude, how about they do something first before talking like they're the big bad boogeyman of the division. If I were a Browns fan I certainly wouldn't take any team in the division (that you finish last in most of the time) lightly. Shoot, I don't even take the Browns that lightly as a Steeler fan.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @trolling-for-dick said:

    Did I miss something? Are the Browns suddenly a playoff team? Favored in the division? Expecting an above .500 season? Do tell. Choco said it right. You on the other hand talk like the Brownies are suddenly some kind of contender and should be feared. Jees dude, how about they do something first before talking like they're the big bad boogeyman of the division. If I were a Browns fan I certainly wouldn't take any team in the division (that you finish last in most of the time) lightly. Shoot, I don't even take the Browns that lightly as a Steeler fan.

    I don't take any team in the division lightly.....but I rest assured that the Browns can be as tough and as physical or more so as any team in the division. That was my point that you apparently missed.

    (What they can't be is a polished at their offensive skill level.)

    They completely kicked the Steelers ass from a physical standpoint the last time the played, in case you can't recall.

  • Stuart said:

    Except that theres not much that separates a browns 1st and 3rd string QB in terms of talent.

    I would agree with that.

    However, I would confidently say that if a season ending injury occurred to Raplesburger, Flacco, or Dalton their chances of making the playoffs would be in the shitter. I'm not wishing any of them bad luck, but I would guess that the law of averages would say that one of those three are due for injury. I know Ben missed a few games several years back, but I can't recall Flacco or Dalton missing any games.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would agree with that.

    However, I would confidently say that if a season ending injury occurred to Raplesburger, Flacco, or Dalton their chances of making the playoffs would be in the shitter. I'm not wishing any of them bad luck,

    Here is where you and I differ 😉

    but I would guess that the law of averages would say that one of those three are due for injury. I know Ben missed a few games several years back, but I can't recall Flacco or Dalton missing any games.

    When it comes to the law of averages....it never applies where the Browns are concerned....we always get the shit end of the stick....didn't we get some people hurt already?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Nobody is talking taking them lightly.

    Go back and read.

    Sounds to me like Gipper isn't too worried. But he thinks the Steelers should be

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @trolling-for-dick said:

    Sounds to me like Gipper isn't too worried. But he thinks the Steelers should be

    Like I said, I am not worried about physical play. Of the 5 games played in the division last year, the Browns were the more physical team....but they lacked the offensive fire power from the skilled set to win the close games.

    One exception was the final Bengals game who beat them down. That one...I don't know what happened. They just didn't get it together.

  • @trolling-for-dick said:

    Did I miss something? Are the Browns suddenly a playoff team? Favored in the division? Expecting an above .500 season? Do tell. Choco said it right. You on the other hand talk like the Brownies are suddenly some kind of contender and should be feared. Jees dude, how about they do something first before talking like they're the big bad boogeyman of the division. If I were a Browns fan I certainly wouldn't take any team in the division (that you finish last in most of the time) lightly. Shoot, I don't even take the Browns that lightly as a Steeler fan.

    I don't take any team in the division lightly.....but I rest assured that the Browns can be as tough and as physical or more so as any team in the division. That was my point that you apparently missed.

    (What they can't be is a polished at their offensive skill level.)

    They completely kicked the Steelers ass from a physical standpoint the last time the played, in case you can't recall.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't take any team in the division lightly.....but I rest assured that the Browns can be as tough and as physical or more so as any team in the division. That was my point that you apparently missed.

    (What they can't be is a polished at their offensive skill level.)

    They completely kicked the Steelers ass from a physical standpoint the last time the played, in case you can't recall.

    Ok, tough and physical. I'm not sure how you measure that, just like you always talk about talent. For a team that is so talented, tough and physical you'd think they would win more. Exactly how do you measure toughness or physicality? It's either not true or it doesn't matter. It's also explains how I must have missed your point.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #21

    You all can't help yourselves can you? Also way to make something out of absolutely nothing. Every team in the league holds this mentality. Find your target and blow it up. It's obviously meant within the rules but if you think for a second there is one NFL defender out there trying to play Patty cake you are delusional. Talk about your browns, this IS after all a browns board. Also what the hell happened to this place? The thread quality fell off a cliff. Offseason hiccups?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #22

    No, every team does not have the mentality that they are going to

    take out/DESTROY/DAMAGE an opposing qb's knee to make sure they win a playoff game

    You can tiptoe throught the tulips all you want, but the steelers are very well known

    to be a cheapshot to the playoffs football team around the NFL.

    You don't like it - you're all wet in Egypt.

  • StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
    #23

    KIMO!

    The Vince Lombardi Trophy should have been renamed the Kimo Von Olhoffen Trophy that year... just for the Steelers, right Cal!? Lol.

    2cpezgh.jpg

  • KIMO!

    The Vince Lombardi Trophy should have been renamed the Kimo Von Olhoffen Trophy that year... just for the Steelers, right Cal!? Lol.

    2cpezgh.jpg

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Stuart said:

    KIMO!

    The Vince Lombardi Trophy should have been renamed the Kimo Von Olhoffen Trophy that year... just for the Steelers, right Cal!? Lol.

    2cpezgh.jpg

    If the Browns would make the playoffs once in a while maybe that could be your qb too.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #25

    It's what the steelers do, how they did it, and they plan

    to get back there again - via the same cheapshot tactic.

  • KIMO!

    The Vince Lombardi Trophy should have been renamed the Kimo Von Olhoffen Trophy that year... just for the Steelers, right Cal!? Lol.

    2cpezgh.jpg

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Stuart said:

    KIMO! The Vince Lombardi Trophy should have been renamed the Kimo Von Olhoffen Trophy that year... just for the Steelers, right Cal!? Lol.2cpezgh.jpg

    I wonder which car wash Kimo is currently working at.

  • It's what the steelers do, how they did it, and they plan

    to get back there again - via the same cheapshot tactic.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @calfoxwc said:

    It's what the steelers do, how they did it, and they plan

    to get back there again - via the same cheapshot tactic.

    Hmm, didn't Cleveland take Ben out a few years ago the week before the playoffs? I believe that was a cheap shot. Didn't one of your safeties end a season for Gronkowski with a shot to the knee? I seem to recall a pretty vicious hit in an endzone a few years back that was pretty serious. Same safety I believe. Sorry, I don't remember his name. Ward? Wasn't he fined heavily for that?

  • No, every team does not have the mentality that they are going to

    take out/DESTROY/DAMAGE an opposing qb's knee to make sure they win a playoff game

    You can tiptoe throught the tulips all you want, but the steelers are very well known

    to be a cheapshot to the playoffs football team around the NFL.

    You don't like it - you're all wet in Egypt.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @calfoxwc said:

    No, every team does not have the mentality that they are going to

    take out/DESTROY/DAMAGE an opposing qb's knee to make sure they win a playoff game

    You can tiptoe throught the tulips all you want, but the steelers are very well known

    to be a cheapshot to the playoffs football team around the NFL.

    You don't like it - you're all wet in Egypt.

    I don't recall anyone saying that. Is this a fairy tale or a bad dream after a whiskey night? Embellish much?

  • Stuart said:

    KIMO! The Vince Lombardi Trophy should have been renamed the Kimo Von Olhoffen Trophy that year... just for the Steelers, right Cal!? Lol.2cpezgh.jpg

    I wonder which car wash Kimo is currently working at.

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @canton-dawg said:

    I wonder which car wash Kimo is currently working at.

    Really dude? He retired in 07 and probably basking on the beaches in his home state of Hawaii...off that $11 mil salary.

    After a strong 1999 season, where he recorded 24 tackles and four sacks, he signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers as an unrestricted free agent on a four-year $11 million contract.[2] Pittsburgh initially inserted him as the starting nose tackle and converted him to defensive end. Von Oelhoffen would start all but one game from 2000-2005. He won a Super Bowl ring in 2005 in his final season as a Steeler.[3]

  • @calfoxwc said:

    It's what the steelers do, how they did it, and they plan

    to get back there again - via the same cheapshot tactic.

    Hmm, didn't Cleveland take Ben out a few years ago the week before the playoffs? I believe that was a cheap shot. Didn't one of your safeties end a season for Gronkowski with a shot to the knee? I seem to recall a pretty vicious hit in an endzone a few years back that was pretty serious. Same safety I believe. Sorry, I don't remember his name. Ward? Wasn't he fined heavily for that?

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @trolling-for-dick said:

    Hmm, didn't Cleveland take Ben out a few years ago the week before the playoffs? I believe that was a cheap shot. Didn't one of your safeties end a season for Gronkowski with a shot to the knee? I seem to recall a pretty vicious hit in an endzone a few years back that was pretty serious. Same safety I believe. Sorry, I don't remember his name. Ward? Wasn't he fined heavily for that?

    That was a hit by Ward on the Bengals Jordan Shipley.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    No, every team does not have the mentality that they are going to

    take out/DESTROY/DAMAGE an opposing qb's knee to make sure they win a playoff game

    You can tiptoe throught the tulips all you want, but the steelers are very well known

    to be a cheapshot to the playoffs football team around the NFL.

    You don't like it - you're all wet in Egypt.

    I don't recall anyone saying that. Is this a fairy tale or a bad dream after a whiskey night? Embellish much?

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @trolling-for-dick said:

    I don't recall anyone saying that. Is this a fairy tale or a bad dream after a whiskey night? Embellish much?

    I think Cal got his Black and Golds confused...it was the Black and Gold New Orleans Saints that put bounties on opposing players.

  • No, every team does not have the mentality that they are going to

    take out/DESTROY/DAMAGE an opposing qb's knee to make sure they win a playoff game

    You can tiptoe throught the tulips all you want, but the steelers are very well known

    to be a cheapshot to the playoffs football team around the NFL.

    You don't like it - you're all wet in Egypt.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @calfoxwc said:

    No, every team does not have the mentality that they are going to

    take out/DESTROY/DAMAGE an opposing qb's knee to make sure they win a playoff game

    You can tiptoe throught the tulips all you want, but the steelers are very well known

    to be a cheapshot to the playoffs football team around the NFL.

    You don't like it - you're all wet in Egypt.

    I didn't read the whole article, where does it say cheap shot the knees? And let's say it does say go knees that's the way the NFL rule book has taken the game. All some of you do is fucking cry.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #33

    The devil makes the steelers cheapshot....no....the NFL rule book....no.....

    it's the steelers who made themselves do injuries to important player's heads,

    and knees in important games.

    Maybe the steelers employed a hypnotist all these years, and every season, they

    have him hypnotize one or two of the steelers into thinking they are Tonya Harding,

    and the next opponent's premier offensive player is Nancy Kerrigan.

    That would explain a lot, like Troy Pollywannatutu's long hair....and effeminate behavior

    in the steeler's lockerroom.......

  • @trolling-for-dick said:

    Hmm, didn't Cleveland take Ben out a few years ago the week before the playoffs? I believe that was a cheap shot. Didn't one of your safeties end a season for Gronkowski with a shot to the knee? I seem to recall a pretty vicious hit in an endzone a few years back that was pretty serious. Same safety I believe. Sorry, I don't remember his name. Ward? Wasn't he fined heavily for that?

    That was a hit by Ward on the Bengals Jordan Shipley.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Stuart said:

    That was a hit by Ward on the Bengals Jordan Shipley.

    Why is someone from Solon a Shitsburgh fan