Skip to content

Barkevious Mingo out for a month

The Browns Board
22 16 1.1k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #12

    love mingo pick but has been nothing but injured since he came in.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    He hasnt really impacted the team and its year 3 for him now,I believe.. Trust Me.. his "average" play wont be missed.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    The Browns front office did an excellent job drafting Nate Orchard. They could have gone with a wide out. I was pleasantly surprised by the acquisitions of Irving and Orchard because I never thought they'd get these two and Danny Shelton.

    I feel bad for Mingo but knowing we have depth at Line Backer helps ease the let down of another injury to a first round draft pick that hasn't panned out to date.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    injured or not he has been here long enough to prove he is a first round bust.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #16

    He's better than most fans give him credit for.

  • He's better than most fans give him credit for.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @wargograw said:

    He's better than most fans give him credit for.

    Give me some examples. He hasn't performed well.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I can only go by the PFF grades. They have him very positive overall. Positive on run defense, positive on his pass rush, and only slightly negative in his pass coverage.

    6 negative games, 9 positive. He's our third best graded linebacker, even better than Sheard.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Yeah....Mingo doesnt look too bad to me.....especially for a one armed LB.....

    I think a lot of people simply grade him by sack stats and assume Kruger is better simply because he's the rush guy.....but truth is that Mingo isnt asked to sack the QB or penetrate the los.....he's primarily a cover guy and does that pretty well.....he's our #1 covr backer and was our 2nd best LB against the run(Sheard being #1)........

    and, compared to ALL the LB's drafted that year, he is still the top rated one(from maybe the worst draft class everrrrr).....

    So, while not a superstar, he's certainly not a bust......and seems to be a team player, doing what the coaches ask of him, even if it is the "dirty work" and not the glory stats.....

  • I can only go by the PFF grades. They have him very positive overall. Positive on run defense, positive on his pass rush, and only slightly negative in his pass coverage.

    6 negative games, 9 positive. He's our third best graded linebacker, even better than Sheard.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #20

    @wargograw said:

    Positive on run defense

    I guess all those career tackles he makes 6yds downfield after he's been man handled when the opposing RB runs to his edge is a positive thing....... Good to know.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I still think he'd be a nasty pass rusher if we paired him up with a stud 3 tech on his side, like how Aldon Smith benefitted from Justin Smith. That way he'd have some bulk next to him to help in the run game and create some gaps in the pass rush. He's just too hurt. It's sad to say cause I really like his skillset and how he could fit in with us....he's just not durable.

  • @wargograw said:

    Positive on run defense

    I guess all those career tackles he makes 6yds downfield after he's been man handled when the opposing RB runs to his edge is a positive thing....... Good to know.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @d-bone said:

    I guess all those career tackles he makes 6yds downfield after he's been man handled when the opposing RB runs to his edge is a positive thing....... Good to know.

    I guess you know more than the massive crew at PFF and the 3 sets of eyes that grade every player every play...... Good to know.