Skip to content

Aldon Smith arrested for DUI, hit and run, and vandalism.

The Browns Board
46 18 1.3k
  • And screw it I'll say it. On the field, this guy would be a near PERFECT signing for us. Your was worried about not having an every down OLB. 6'4", 265. Sets the edge. Rushes the passer. Violent. I'm drooling at the thought. But alas, we all have to be PC.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @wargograw said:

    And screw it I'll say it. On the field, this guy would be a near PERFECT signing for us. Your was worried about not having an every down OLB. 6'4", 265. Sets the edge. Rushes the passer. Violent. I'm drooling at the thought. But alas, we all have to be PC.

    why would you take up a spot at an important position with that guy? he won't ever play another meaningful down of NFL football ever again. He's done.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #20

    goodell will give him a 4 game suspension and knock it down to 2.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Welcome to Canada. Maybe Sam's can get you across the boarder legally.. Legally, Google it. You got all the time you need now. Sad with all that talent.

  • @wargograw said:

    And screw it I'll say it. On the field, this guy would be a near PERFECT signing for us. Your was worried about not having an every down OLB. 6'4", 265. Sets the edge. Rushes the passer. Violent. I'm drooling at the thought. But alas, we all have to be PC.

    why would you take up a spot at an important position with that guy? he won't ever play another meaningful down of NFL football ever again. He's done.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @clevfan4life said:

    why would you take up a spot at an important position with that guy? he won't ever play another meaningful down of NFL football ever again. He's done.

    Well if no one signs him he won't. In my scenario, we would be signing him (obviously). I would take the shot because we need an OLB. An elite one on the cheap? Yeah, I'd jump on that.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    why would you take up a spot at an important position with that guy? he won't ever play another meaningful down of NFL football ever again. He's done.

    Well if no one signs him he won't. In my scenario, we would be signing him (obviously). I would take the shot because we need an OLB. An elite one on the cheap? Yeah, I'd jump on that.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @wargograw said:

    Well if no one signs him he won't. In my scenario, we would be signing him (obviously). I would take the shot because we need an OLB. An elite one on the cheap? Yeah, I'd jump on that.

    I'm pretty content with Kruger, Bryant, Solomon and Orchard. I mean if a real stud came free that wasn't a mental case than yeah you'd take a look at that. But look at how disuptive Gordon was and the team generally liked him. No one will like Smith. Nobody liked him in SF and they'll like him even less here. He won't last a season. He's really literally makes Josh Gordon look like a model NFL player.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #24

    What evidence do you have that nobody liked Aldon Smith? They cancelled practice today. Tomsula was torn up about it. They clearly took it hard.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #25

    No way he's coming here.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    why would you take up a spot at an important position with that guy? he won't ever play another meaningful down of NFL football ever again. He's done.

    Well if no one signs him he won't. In my scenario, we would be signing him (obviously). I would take the shot because we need an OLB. An elite one on the cheap? Yeah, I'd jump on that.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @wargograw said:

    Well if no one signs him he won't. In my scenario, we would be signing him (obviously). I would take the shot because we need an OLB. An elite one on the cheap? Yeah, I'd jump on that.

    I hear Ray Rice is available.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Sign him.

  • @wargograw said:

    Well if no one signs him he won't. In my scenario, we would be signing him (obviously). I would take the shot because we need an OLB. An elite one on the cheap? Yeah, I'd jump on that.

    I hear Ray Rice is available.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @canton-dawg said:

    I hear Ray Rice is available.

    I'm aware. We don't need a RB though. If I were Dallas or Houston I'd have already signed him.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Low risk, high reward.

    We have the cap space and we don't NEED him. If he fucks up, he's gone. If he stays straight, he can be a great weapon. We either benefit from having him or we are right back in the same boat we were prior to signing him.

    It's the same model New England uses. Sign talented players at cost and make them fit into your team culture. If they don't, get rid of them.

    How is having a suspended Aldon Smith any different than having an injured Barkevious Mingo?

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Dallas will sign him

  • Dallas will sign him

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @kvoethe said:

    Dallas will sign him

    Most likely where he ends up
  • Low risk, high reward.

    We have the cap space and we don't NEED him. If he fucks up, he's gone. If he stays straight, he can be a great weapon. We either benefit from having him or we are right back in the same boat we were prior to signing him.

    It's the same model New England uses. Sign talented players at cost and make them fit into your team culture. If they don't, get rid of them.

    How is having a suspended Aldon Smith any different than having an injured Barkevious Mingo?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    How is having a suspended Aldon Smith any different than having an injured Barkevious Mingo?

    because he's a scumbag, although within your rationale, not as big a scumbag as tom brady.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    How is having a suspended Aldon Smith any different than having an injured Barkevious Mingo?

    because he's a scumbag, although within your rationale, not as big a scumbag as tom brady.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @miktoxic said:

    because he's a scumbag, although within your rationale, not as big a scumbag as tom brady.

    Mine too ?
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #34

    haters got to hate.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Dallas runs a 4-3.

    All God's children deserve a second chance.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I agree with an earlier post...his NFL career may well be over. The young man has serious issues. Tomsula was pretty adamant that they would help him, but there's an old saying that "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". No one can help Aldon but Aldon.

    Mike

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Yall know the Crow got a felony weapons charge at one point right?

  • I agree with an earlier post...his NFL career may well be over. The young man has serious issues. Tomsula was pretty adamant that they would help him, but there's an old saying that "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". No one can help Aldon but Aldon.

    Mike

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @canton-mike said:

    The young man has serious issues........ No one can help Aldon but Aldon.

    Mike

    yep.

    Im sure he'll be back playing(somewhere)....but needs to clean house first......

    Needs a Johnny Rehab session......