Skip to content

Which receivers make this team?

The Browns Board
132 31 5.9k
  • Pryor being a lock is a bold statement. Only lock receivers I see is Bowe Hartline and Hawkins. Benjamin just made his case a lot better with his play. Everyone else needs to step it up.

  • yeah i don't see the browns not trying to keep mayle. he's got gordon size and hopefully will show the org. why they drafted him. pryor is interesting but if he doesn't blow them away with some type of performance, he'll be on the outside looking in. i mean in a perfect world we could keep them all but............

  • I saw Lenz play in college many times over. Great route runner, deceptively quick off the snap as he created separation more times than not, and comes back to the ball extremely well.

  • They need Mayle, he isn't going anywhere. I suppose Bowe will be fine in a few weeks.

    Duke is ready to come back as a rb/r, if he wasn't back already today.

    Gabriel isn't going anywhere, either.

    tough decisions to make. The Browns' practice squad is going to be

    scrutinized bigtime, around the NFL.

  • Tour, they do have to deal with their own fans.

  • I wouldn't underestimate Moore making this team as well. Teams across the league covet the special teams ace and Moore has become that dude. He had a nice strip in the first game and made good plays last year. I'm intrigued by Pryor as much as anyone but I'm not as convinced as a bunch of you here that he'll be on the squad.

  • I see Pryor as the third TE to save a roster spot at WR

    The odd man out to me is the TE Housler...or

    We keep an extra WR (Pryor) and only two TE

    Same theory different setup either way Housler

    Ain't done shit and is the less paid FA...JMO

  • I see Pryor as the third TE to save a roster spot at WR

    The odd man out to me is the TE Housler...or

    We keep an extra WR (Pryor) and only two TE

    Same theory different setup either way Housler

    Ain't done shit and is the less paid FA...JMO

    @brownsnmopar said:

    I see Pryor as the third TE to save a roster spot at WR

    The odd man out to me is the TE Housler...or

    We keep an extra WR (Pryor) and only two TE

    Same theory different setup either way Housler

    Ain't done shit and is the less paid FA...JMO

    With the way we love using 12 personnel, I'd hope we'd keep more than two TE's.

  • Mayle is coming off an injury. It's early but I think we keep him over Pryor for sure.

  • Mayle is coming off an injury. It's early but I think we keep him over Pryor for sure.

    @opal312 said:

    Mayle is coming off an injury. It's early but I think we keep him over Pryor for sure.

    Mayle has been coming on strong while Pryor was the early pleasant surprise of camp. This seems like an opportune time to take a look at some ages in here when we weigh best football ahead vrs best football behind:

    Bowe 30

    Hawkins 29

    Hartline 28

    Moore 27

    Pryor 25

    Benjamin 25

    Gabriel 24

    Lenz 24

    Mayle 23

    Jennings ? (undrafted rookie)

  • Tour, they do have to deal with their own fans.

    LOL... and we're collectively back up to about 14 WRs...

    @wargograw said:

    Tour, they do have to deal with their own fans.

    Fair enough... but is there that big of a following for Hawk?

  • @opal312 said:

    Mayle is coming off an injury. It's early but I think we keep him over Pryor for sure.

    Mayle has been coming on strong while Pryor was the early pleasant surprise of camp. This seems like an opportune time to take a look at some ages in here when we weigh best football ahead vrs best football behind:

    Bowe 30

    Hawkins 29

    Hartline 28

    Moore 27

    Pryor 25

    Benjamin 25

    Gabriel 24

    Lenz 24

    Mayle 23

    Jennings ? (undrafted rookie)

    @flugel said:

    Mayle has been coming on strong while Pryor was the early pleasant surprise of camp. This seems like an opportune time to take a look at some ages in here when we weigh best football ahead vrs best football behind:

    Bowe 30

    Hawkins 29

    Hartline 28

    Moore 27

    Pryor 25

    Benjamin 25

    Gabriel 24

    Lenz 24

    Mayle 23

    Jennings ? (undrafted rookie)

    Bowe, Hawk, Hartline, Gabriel, Pryor, Benjamin.

    Mayle to IR.

    Lenz to PS?

    Moore and Jennings to the street.

  • I see Pryor as the third TE to save a roster spot at WR

    The odd man out to me is the TE Housler...or

    We keep an extra WR (Pryor) and only two TE

    Same theory different setup either way Housler

    Ain't done shit and is the less paid FA...JMO

    @brownsnmopar said:

    I see Pryor as the third TE to save a roster spot at WR

    The odd man out to me is the TE Housler...or

    Its not looking good for Housler right now.....I agree....

    He's listed third and Bibbs(who is 4th) is clearly outperforming him at camp....the scrimmage.....and game 1......

    And now I see that the Redskins just lost their 2nd TE this week(both are out for the season)......I say the farmer should get on the phone with them tomorrow and get us a late draft pick and some extra cap room.....

  • LOL... and we're collectively back up to about 14 WRs...

    @wargograw said:

    Tour, they do have to deal with their own fans.

    Fair enough... but is there that big of a following for Hawk?

    @tour2ma said:

    LOL... and we're collectively back up to about 14 WRs...

    Fair enough... but is there that big of a following for Hawk?

    Judging by Zombo, myself, and others' reactions I would say yes. But what I was referring to was actually fans of others teams that would feel they got fleeced because they underestimate Hawkins, even if that coach and GM are aware of how good he is.

  • Hey! That was my original point!

  • Bibbs working with the 1's today.......plus Lenz, Benji and Mayle all having a good day against Bills.....

  • Good on Pettine. "When you practice well you will get your opportunities." Bibbs with 1's thanks Mud.

  • To me its starting to look like a shame Bowe has so much guarantee in his salary

  • I think we may be looking at 7 WRs making this roster. If we're keeping the 53 best players, then it seems this group will provide quite a few of those...

    Shaw getting hurt helps Pryors shot of making the roster IMHO

  • Well, one of these little wr's in camp would look good on the practice squad.