Skip to content

First Depth chart out....

The Browns Board
28 14 1.6k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Lewis ahead of Shaw? Lenz 5th string? Just can't see it.

    Didnt see what everyone else did with Lenz. Was he not the one that under ran the pretty deep ball by JF in the scrimmage?

    @comeonman said:

    Didnt see what everyone else did with Lenz. Was he not the one that under ran the pretty deep ball by JF in the scrimmage?

    that's the only play he looked bad on. other than that the kid looked like edelman during the pat's playoff<superbowl run last year. caught everything even remotely close to him. if we don't keep him they'll be plenty of takers on that waiver wire.

  • Another interesting tidbit is the kicking situation...don't know if that means anything though. Anyone has to be better than the wiener Billy Cundiff.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Another interesting tidbit is the kicking situation...don't know if that means anything though. Anyone has to be better than the wiener Billy Cundiff.

    i couldn't be more happier about what farmer did with the special teams esp. the kicker and punter. i saw that as a huge prob last year and it shows me that farmer is one smart cookie to flush those clowns and reboot in 2015.

  • Think about all the positions on this roster that have a situational rotations like our defensive line in particular. The only guys I'm guessing have a traditional first string play every down lock (barring injury) are:

    Josh McCown

    Joe Thomas

    Joel Bitonio

    Alex Mack

    John Greco

    Oracle

    Joe Haden

    Tramon Williams

    Donte Whitner

    Tashaun Gipson

    Kruger played through lower back pain last year so it would be nice to see him getting off the field more frequently. Just guessing here, but I think the staff wants that too. Last year I would have listed Dansby above; but Robertson gave us virtually no drop off at all. My gut says Dansby comes off the field in some situations this year.

  • So rotating QBs is definitely out this year???

    On D...

    Agree with the sentiment, but I just don't see the OLB depth to rest Krugs.

    As for Dansby I agree on the play of Kirksey/ Robertson, but wonder about the play calling.

  • So rotating QBs is definitely out this year???

    On D...

    Agree with the sentiment, but I just don't see the OLB depth to rest Krugs.

    As for Dansby I agree on the play of Kirksey/ Robertson, but wonder about the play calling.

    @tour2ma said:

    So rotating QBs is definitely out this year???

    maybe rotate them at wr....?

    After last seasons lil trick play with JFF, I say we put Pryor in at qb and have him throw to Johnny on a fly route........

  • So rotating QBs is definitely out this year???

    On D...

    Agree with the sentiment, but I just don't see the OLB depth to rest Krugs.

    As for Dansby I agree on the play of Kirksey/ Robertson, but wonder about the play calling.

    @tour2ma said:

    So rotating QBs is definitely out this year???

    On D...

    Agree with the sentiment, but I just don't see the OLB depth to rest Krugs.

    As for Dansby I agree on the play of Kirksey/ Robertson, but wonder about the play calling.

    Good catch. Actually, there's a very good chance we Pryor-itize our 2 pt conversion and possibly some short yardage/goal line situations. QB isn't even a lock for all situations.

    As for Krugs, it looks like they've made effort to add depth so time will tell.

    Dansby is still available between series and throughout the week to offer any help like he was last year. This gets all taken care of in the film room and practices leading up to every pre-snap formation and down-n-distance tendency anticipated. Even better, we're only talking about a few plays here and there so I don't see it as an issue at this time.

  • lol... the QB comment was a purely sarcastic "tribute" to the 2-headed monster Pet created last year (much to his onw, eventual consternation).

    But, you are right, the 2-point does raise some possibilities...

    I already hate that fucking change...

  • @riffer-x said:

    Was just looking at this . . . a couple head scratchers here :

    TE Housler ahead of Bibbs ?

    Not from what I've seen.

    NT Taylor ahead of Shelton

    I'm not even sure I've seen Taylor in the games yet . . .

    OLB Solomon is a bit of a surprise, but it's probably more to the side he plays since Mingo is out.

    P Lee looks to be a lock, he's looked good so far.

    RB Crowell is finally ahead of West, though I'm not sure they'll be played this way.

    Too early to be definitive, but some interesting alignments.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Was just looking at this . . . a couple head scratchers here :

    TE Housler ahead of Bibbs ?

    Not from what I've seen.

    NT Taylor ahead of Shelton

    I'm not even sure I've seen Taylor in the games yet . . .

    OLB Solomon is a bit of a surprise, but it's probably more to the side he plays since Mingo is out.

    P Lee looks to be a lock, he's looked good so far.

    RB Crowell is finally ahead of West, though I'm not sure they'll be played this way.

    Too early to be definitive, but some interesting alignments.

    @jafbf said:

    Was just looking at this . . . a couple head scratchers here :

    TE Housler ahead of Bibbs ?

    Not from what I've seen.

    NT Taylor ahead of Shelton

    I'm not even sure I've seen Taylor in the games yet . . .

    For these two, don't be shocked - it's very rare for a rookie to get to #1 on a Mike Pettine depth chart in pre-season

    OLB Solomon is a bit of a surprise, but it's probably more to the side he plays since Mingo is out.

    They like him. Not sure that's a good thing, but they do. And yeah, it means less without Mingo - the only other player with real experience at OLB. Who else would it be, Orchard? Bryant?

    P Lee looks to be a lock, he's looked good so far.

    You trade for a punter, he's probably going to make it. You trade for a pro-bowl punter, there's no doubt.

    RB Crowell is finally ahead of West, though I'm not sure they'll be played this way.

    Crow looks very good all round. West looks solid.

    Too early to be definitive, but some interesting alignments.

  • surprises:

    Ibraheim Campbell is ahead of Landon Feichter 🙂 (i do like Feichter, just happy w Farmer's pick)

    Mahle is ahead of Moore and Lenz 😎

    Bowe is WR3 ?? 😕 wow

    injured JFF is ahead of Thad 😐

    Jamie Meder is 4th @ RDE 🙁

    Gilbert is so far down a deep group of players on the chart, if he was a rock thrown down a chasm...you'd never hear him hit the bottom. 🤔BUST!! 😵

    travesty: Charlie Hughlett makes the team easily and guys like Billy Winn & Josh Lenz do not 😳