Skip to content

Ray Rice

The Browns Board
84 30 3.6k
  • There is only one thing a NFL player needs to do and that's play well. If Ray Rice is better than any RB on the current Browns roster, sign him up.

  • Sign Ray Rice.

    Starting 2016 Line Up

    QB Manziel

    RB Ray Rice

    WR1 Josh Gordan

    WR2 Dwayne Bowe

    WR3 Andrew Hawkins

    TE 2016 3rd round pick

    (Mack?)-Erving

    Thomas

    Bitonio

    Greco

    Schwartz

    Best offensive lineup we had in the last ten years, sign ray rice.

  • someone please move that Flying J tanker truck away from the Browns front office the fumes are getting inside someone is about to get punched in the face!

  • Sign Ray Rice.

    Starting 2016 Line Up

    QB Manziel

    RB Ray Rice

    WR1 Josh Gordan

    WR2 Dwayne Bowe

    WR3 Andrew Hawkins

    TE 2016 3rd round pick

    (Mack?)-Erving

    Thomas

    Bitonio

    Greco

    Schwartz

    Best offensive lineup we had in the last ten years, sign ray rice.

    @represent said:

    Sign Ray Rice.

    Starting 2016 Line Up

    QB Manziel

    RB Ray Rice

    WR1 Josh Gordan

    WR2 Dwayne Bowe

    WR3 Andrew Hawkins

    TE 2016 3rd round pick

    (Mack?)-Erving

    Thomas

    Bitonio

    Greco

    Schwartz

    Best offensive lineup we had in the last ten years, sign ray rice.

    Even if we did sign him, he wouldn't be worth anything next year. Too old.

  • All this building up the Browns locker room, and to bring in a

    dirtbag, old rb?

    nah.

  • If anybody can convince me that Ahmad Bradshaw is any worst than getting Ray Rice let it rip. AB-29 RR-28yrs. old. both catch the ball, both play in cold, both nfl beat up. I get Mont. and Pet coached him but Rice is not the same player when you draft a Duke Johnson that maybe needed mentored to the nfl game. Rice=Tate in mentoring. Just get the right veteran in if you want one..

  • Bradshaw is more of a receiving back. Rice is used to carrying the ball. A lot.

  • between the 2 id rather have bradshaw

  • Hey I love Bradshaw. I really do. But he's not gonna take 20+ carries/game.

  • RIce is done. He wasn't any good his last season in Baltimore.. he's lost his burst and his ability to push the pile. He only averaged 3.1 in 2013; his career average is 4.3, but 2015 will be his 7th season [counting 2013 as his 6th].

    I wouldn't sign him.. he's not better than any of the 4 we have on the roster, and he'll only get worse.

  • Rice will be Tate ish and demand the 20 plus carries and with our depth I don't see 1 workhorse working anyhow? if Duke is the future I prefer the mix with West Crow and Bradshaw and M. Johnson..

  • RIce is done. He wasn't any good his last season in Baltimore.. he's lost his burst and his ability to push the pile. He only averaged 3.1 in 2013; his career average is 4.3, but 2015 will be his 7th season [counting 2013 as his 6th].

    I wouldn't sign him.. he's not better than any of the 4 we have on the roster, and he'll only get worse.

    @unsympathetic said:

    RIce is done. He wasn't any good his last season in Baltimore.. he's lost his burst and his ability to push the pile. He only averaged 3.1 in 2013; his career average is 4.3, but 2015 will be his 7th season [counting 2013 as his 6th].

    I wouldn't sign him.. he's not better than any of the 4 we have on the roster, and he'll only get worse.

    Pay no attention to his hip injury that year.

  • Yup... I'm guessing that a year later he's healed up and well rested.

    First, he would have to pass a physical.

    Then it's not as if our staff could not tell in a workout how close he is to NFL ready.

    And by the end of pre-season if he is one of our top 4 candidates.

  • Let's not forget ... Wilbert Montgomery is the only NFL position coach he has ever had, I believe. If we bring him in, I think that says a lot about what Wilbert thinks of 8ur current group ... not good enough.

    Z

  • Good point...

    Just feels like it'll happen this week... Haslam chimed in yesterday saying Rice would be a coach's decision and he'd back it.

    When Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine said this week the team has discussed signing Ray Rice it felt like either a trial balloon to gauge public sentiment or a shot across the bow of his young running back group.

    It turns out it was probably a bit of both.

    On Thursday, ahead of the Browns' 20-17 loss to the Washington Redskins, owner Jimmy Haslam told ESPN's Bob Holtzman he'd "like to see (Rice) get another shot" and would be OK if it were with his club.

  • I imagine we will be seeing Rice soon.

  • I imagine we will be seeing Rice soon.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I imagine we will be seeing Rice soon.

    IDK, my memory has him slow and plodding his last season, and now he's even older and out of shape......... We already have West to fill that roll.

    What a bummer that our early perceived strength has turned into a major weakness.

  • I feel like if you're debating giving up (or whatever the accurate phrase is) on Crowell, then you should at least give him the ball more than 4 freakin times.

  • I feel like if you're debating giving up (or whatever the accurate phrase is) on Crowell, then you should at least give him the ball more than 4 freakin times.

    @wargograw said:

    I feel like if you're debating giving up (or whatever the accurate phrase is) on Crowell, then you should at least give him the ball more than 4 freakin times.

    I don't think anyone is close to giving up on the crow, dudes got serious talent. We need more than one back though. It seems West may not be that guy, and who knows about Duke.
  • Giving up's not the right word. Giving up on him as the starter I guess would be. And not permanently, but for now. I don't think anyone's talking about getting Rice strictly as depth.