Ray Rice
-
Sign Ray Rice.
Starting 2016 Line Up
QB Manziel
RB Ray Rice
WR1 Josh Gordan
WR2 Dwayne Bowe
WR3 Andrew Hawkins
TE 2016 3rd round pick
(Mack?)-Erving
Thomas
Bitonio
Greco
Schwartz
Best offensive lineup we had in the last ten years, sign ray rice.
Sign Ray Rice.
Starting 2016 Line Up
QB Manziel
RB Ray Rice
WR1 Josh Gordan
WR2 Dwayne Bowe
WR3 Andrew Hawkins
TE 2016 3rd round pick
(Mack?)-Erving
Thomas
Bitonio
Greco
Schwartz
Best offensive lineup we had in the last ten years, sign ray rice.
Even if we did sign him, he wouldn't be worth anything next year. Too old.
-
All this building up the Browns locker room, and to bring in a
dirtbag, old rb?
nah.
-
If anybody can convince me that Ahmad Bradshaw is any worst than getting Ray Rice let it rip. AB-29 RR-28yrs. old. both catch the ball, both play in cold, both nfl beat up. I get Mont. and Pet coached him but Rice is not the same player when you draft a Duke Johnson that maybe needed mentored to the nfl game. Rice=Tate in mentoring. Just get the right veteran in if you want one..
-
Bradshaw is more of a receiving back. Rice is used to carrying the ball. A lot.
-
Hey I love Bradshaw. I really do. But he's not gonna take 20+ carries/game.
-
RIce is done. He wasn't any good his last season in Baltimore.. he's lost his burst and his ability to push the pile. He only averaged 3.1 in 2013; his career average is 4.3, but 2015 will be his 7th season [counting 2013 as his 6th].
I wouldn't sign him.. he's not better than any of the 4 we have on the roster, and he'll only get worse.
-
RIce is done. He wasn't any good his last season in Baltimore.. he's lost his burst and his ability to push the pile. He only averaged 3.1 in 2013; his career average is 4.3, but 2015 will be his 7th season [counting 2013 as his 6th].
I wouldn't sign him.. he's not better than any of the 4 we have on the roster, and he'll only get worse.
RIce is done. He wasn't any good his last season in Baltimore.. he's lost his burst and his ability to push the pile. He only averaged 3.1 in 2013; his career average is 4.3, but 2015 will be his 7th season [counting 2013 as his 6th].
I wouldn't sign him.. he's not better than any of the 4 we have on the roster, and he'll only get worse.
Pay no attention to his hip injury that year.
-
Yup... I'm guessing that a year later he's healed up and well rested.
First, he would have to pass a physical.
Then it's not as if our staff could not tell in a workout how close he is to NFL ready.
And by the end of pre-season if he is one of our top 4 candidates.
-
Good point...
Just feels like it'll happen this week... Haslam chimed in yesterday saying Rice would be a coach's decision and he'd back it.
When Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine said this week the team has discussed signing Ray Rice it felt like either a trial balloon to gauge public sentiment or a shot across the bow of his young running back group.
It turns out it was probably a bit of both.
On Thursday, ahead of the Browns' 20-17 loss to the Washington Redskins, owner Jimmy Haslam told ESPN's Bob Holtzman he'd "like to see (Rice) get another shot" and would be OK if it were with his club.
-
I imagine we will be seeing Rice soon.
-
I imagine we will be seeing Rice soon.
I imagine we will be seeing Rice soon.
IDK, my memory has him slow and plodding his last season, and now he's even older and out of shape......... We already have West to fill that roll.
What a bummer that our early perceived strength has turned into a major weakness.
-
I feel like if you're debating giving up (or whatever the accurate phrase is) on Crowell, then you should at least give him the ball more than 4 freakin times.
-
I feel like if you're debating giving up (or whatever the accurate phrase is) on Crowell, then you should at least give him the ball more than 4 freakin times.
I don't think anyone is close to giving up on the crow, dudes got serious talent. We need more than one back though. It seems West may not be that guy, and who knows about Duke.I feel like if you're debating giving up (or whatever the accurate phrase is) on Crowell, then you should at least give him the ball more than 4 freakin times.
-
Giving up's not the right word. Giving up on him as the starter I guess would be. And not permanently, but for now. I don't think anyone's talking about getting Rice strictly as depth.
-
I imagine we will be seeing Rice soon.
IDK, my memory has him slow and plodding his last season, and now he's even older and out of shape......... We already have West to fill that roll.
What a bummer that our early perceived strength has turned into a major weakness.
I think Crow's our starter... don't see anyone here suggesting he is not.
I see the question as, "who is the 4th back on our roster?" Not depth chart, but roster... with Winston done it seems like an open question.
IDK, my memory has him slow and plodding his last season, and now he's even older and out of shape......... We already have West to fill that roll.
What a bummer that our early perceived strength has turned into a major weakness.
Not yet it's not...
As the publicity has rolled out to get a team to look at Rice, one part has been some pretty aggressive work out videos.
It will take about 30 minutes to see if Rice is still the 2013 version. I think the table is set to at least take that look. If he passes that test, then I think it is him vs. West for the #2 with Duke as the change of pace guy.
Now if West wins that battle, then I think it is fair to ask if it is worth any residual heat to keep Rice on as the #4 depth guy.
-
Well if it is as a #2 then cool but didn't this spark up after the RB coach's comments on the Crow? Or were they not specific to him? Don't remember.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login