Skip to content

Hoyer gets the start

The Browns Board
23 15 1.1k
  • How can anybody hate Hoyer? He played hard, got hurt, and wasn't the same

    after that, and wasn't a mentor.

    No problem. good luck to him - unless he plays vs the Browns, eh?

    But watching McCown.... I'm certainly not complaining that Hoyer wanted to go elsewhere.

    We are at least just as fine, maybe finer. We're good.

    @calfoxwc said:

    No problem. good luck to him - unless he plays vs the Browns, eh?

    Yup... sums it up.

  • I always wondered if his knee needed more time off to heal. I had my acl done and it took 2 years to be "normal" feelingish. However he is a professional athlete and I am not. Love what I see out of our qb's this year.

  • I'm glad for hoyer. He's a cleveland guy and I hope he does well. He would have done fine for us without the manziel fiasco but what's done is done. Good luck to him.

  • Good for him. I like him.

  • Browns 2013-14

    Hoyer starts: 10-6

    Hoyer does not start: 1-15

    I like Hoyer, good luck to him.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Browns 2013-14

    Hoyer starts: 10-6

    Hoyer does not start: 1-15

    I like Hoyer, good luck to him.

    Zombo

    The problem was that of his 6 losses.....like 5 of them were in his last 5 games here. I mean, I for one was scratching my head wondering what happened. It could not have just been the loss of Alex Mack, could it? Maybe that was it.

  • I suppose someone, less lazy than I am, could look at the first few games and see the difference in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. Maybe even some defensive numbers or time of possession or something. Then compare those with passing yards and passing touchdowns.

    WSS

  • Zombo said:

    Browns 2013-14

    Hoyer starts: 10-6

    Hoyer does not start: 1-15

    I like Hoyer, good luck to him.

    Zombo

    The problem was that of his 6 losses.....like 5 of them were in his last 5 games here. I mean, I for one was scratching my head wondering what happened. It could not have just been the loss of Alex Mack, could it? Maybe that was it.

    @the-gipper said:

    The problem was that of his 6 losses.....like 5 of them were in his last 5 games here. I mean, I for one was scratching my head wondering what happened. It could not have just been the loss of Alex Mack, could it? Maybe that was it.

    Competition level.

  • Watch the tape......his mechanics went into the toilet.....

    and he started coughing up the ball.....(a lot).....4 int's and 10 TD's in the first 9 games....9 int's and 2 TD's in the last 5.....

  • @the-gipper said:

    The problem was that of his 6 losses.....like 5 of them were in his last 5 games here. I mean, I for one was scratching my head wondering what happened. It could not have just been the loss of Alex Mack, could it? Maybe that was it.

    Competition level.

    @wargograw said:

    Competition level.

    No, it went beyond that. I don't think the competition was any harder at the end of the season than at the beginning.

    Did Cincinnati become all that much better over the course of a few weeks?

  • @wargograw said:

    Competition level.

    No, it went beyond that. I don't think the competition was any harder at the end of the season than at the beginning.

    Did Cincinnati become all that much better over the course of a few weeks?

    @the-gipper said:

    No, it went beyond that. I don't think the competition was any harder at the end of the season than at the beginning.

    Did Cincinnati become all that much better over the course of a few weeks?

    Yes they did. They were angry they were fired up they had just had their noses rubbed in shit on national television in their own house. And the Cleveland Browns decided to implement an entire new game plan for the first time when they returned. It was a recipe for disaster. I thought the turning point and Brian Hoyers career was the Indiapolis game where the defense had the Colts down with a foot on their necks. And Hoyers play blew it.

    At which point I think the Cleveland Browns panicked

    WSS

  • Thoroughly hashed-out topic back when it mattered...

    You can look it up.

  • Thoroughly hashed-out topic back when it mattered...

    You can look it up.

    @tour2ma said:

    Thoroughly hashed-out topic back when it mattered...

    You can look it up.

    Sorry Tour.

    I must have forgotten how stringent the system is about repeating the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over...

    Now, how about the money sign!

    😁

    WSS

  • 🙂
  • I always wondered if his knee needed more time off to heal. I had my acl done and it took 2 years to be "normal" feelingish. However he is a professional athlete and I am not. Love what I see out of our qb's this year.

    @letsgojackets said:

    I always wondered if his knee needed more time off to heal. I had my acl done and it took 2 years to be "normal" feelingish. However he is a professional athlete and I am not. Love what I see out of our qb's this year.

    This is what I tried to tell people.. it's hard to be accurate and have good hitch steps when your on the mend.. I went through it Myself.