Skip to content

Meanwhile Around the AFCN...

The Browns Board
15 9 781
  • Thanks, war...

    @vagitron said:

    I don't think you can appropriately evaluate any defense in the preseason as its vanilla across the board. The steelers are moving to more cover two with a one gap on the dline rather than 2. Also allowing our defensive line to rush the passer. Butler has been running exotic blitzes at training camp but I have yet to see one in either preseason game.

    Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.

    @tour2ma said:

    Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.

    yep....Im expecting the Stoolers to be in a lot of high scoring 60 pointish kinda games....they're shooting for 30 a game, but gotta hope they dont give up 31......

    Ravens to drop off and look average this year....

    Bengals to finally....almost....be really good and look like they're gonna stomp ya....but then.....Andy Dalton.

    And the upstart Browns will SHOCK THE WORLD and win the division......

  • I hear you...

    It was only one series, but Dalton actually shocked me with how crisp his throws were.

    Had to remind myself it is only pre-season...

  • I hear you...

    It was only one series, but Dalton actually shocked me with how crisp his throws were.

    Had to remind myself it is only pre-season...

    @tour2ma said:

    I hear you...It was only one series....Had to remind myself it is only pre-season...

    Ha....exactly.....just wait till it counts......😉

    heck....he may even stay crisp and win bunch of games...and make the playoffs..... but then.....Andy Dalton.

  • Greg Little will make us pay. . .

  • Greg Little will make us pay. . .

    @canton-dawg said:

    Greg Little will make us pay. . .

    That is by far the greatest catch of Little's life. How that guy hangs on in the league is amazing.

  • Ive seen him make a few athletic catches.....

    Its the ones that hit him in the hands that are the real problem......

  • That's sad. He used up his one great catch in preseason. Idiot.

  • lol... so in addition to concentration issues he doesn't know how to pace himself...

  • I hear you...

    It was only one series, but Dalton actually shocked me with how crisp his throws were.

    Had to remind myself it is only pre-season...

    @tour2ma said:

    I hear you...

    It was only one series, but Dalton actually shocked me with how crisp his throws were.

    Had to remind myself it is only pre-season...

    Dalton can be impressive as hell.....but he is the little girl with the curl, when he is good he is very good, but when he is bad he is horrid.

  • Thanks, war...

    @vagitron said:

    I don't think you can appropriately evaluate any defense in the preseason as its vanilla across the board. The steelers are moving to more cover two with a one gap on the dline rather than 2. Also allowing our defensive line to rush the passer. Butler has been running exotic blitzes at training camp but I have yet to see one in either preseason game.

    Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, war...

    Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.

    Brownies proved that wrong last year. In pre-season our defense looked very stout.

  • Thanks, war...

    @vagitron said:

    I don't think you can appropriately evaluate any defense in the preseason as its vanilla across the board. The steelers are moving to more cover two with a one gap on the dline rather than 2. Also allowing our defensive line to rush the passer. Butler has been running exotic blitzes at training camp but I have yet to see one in either preseason game.

    Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, war...

    Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.

    Preseason games are for evaluating and starters at this stage hardly play. Defenses are infinitely more complex in the regular season and with the Steeler defense being seated in a lot of different blitz looks its impossible to evaluate regular season performance.