Meanwhile Around the AFCN...
-
I hear you...
It was only one series, but Dalton actually shocked me with how crisp his throws were.
Had to remind myself it is only pre-season...
-
Greg Little will make us pay. . .
-
Greg Little will make us pay. . .
Greg Little will make us pay. . .
That is by far the greatest catch of Little's life. How that guy hangs on in the league is amazing.
-
That's sad. He used up his one great catch in preseason. Idiot.
-
I hear you...
It was only one series, but Dalton actually shocked me with how crisp his throws were.
Had to remind myself it is only pre-season...
I hear you...
It was only one series, but Dalton actually shocked me with how crisp his throws were.
Had to remind myself it is only pre-season...
Dalton can be impressive as hell.....but he is the little girl with the curl, when he is good he is very good, but when he is bad he is horrid.
-
Thanks, war...
I don't think you can appropriately evaluate any defense in the preseason as its vanilla across the board. The steelers are moving to more cover two with a one gap on the dline rather than 2. Also allowing our defensive line to rush the passer. Butler has been running exotic blitzes at training camp but I have yet to see one in either preseason game.
Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.
Thanks, war...
Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.
Brownies proved that wrong last year. In pre-season our defense looked very stout.
-
Thanks, war...
I don't think you can appropriately evaluate any defense in the preseason as its vanilla across the board. The steelers are moving to more cover two with a one gap on the dline rather than 2. Also allowing our defensive line to rush the passer. Butler has been running exotic blitzes at training camp but I have yet to see one in either preseason game.
Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.
Thanks, war...
Just a first take, Vag, but I can argue that "vanilla" schemes mean you get a better evaluation of individual talent. Pretty clear that your team's strength is now firmly on the side of the ball where we are not used to seeing it in Pittsburgh.
Preseason games are for evaluating and starters at this stage hardly play. Defenses are infinitely more complex in the regular season and with the Steeler defense being seated in a lot of different blitz looks its impossible to evaluate regular season performance.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
