Small personal side note
-
Thanks all for the kind words first time I can say that I am proud of a promotion as weird as that my sound, guess cause it was done through a paper telling of me, and not by the good ol boy system, cause I did not know any of the board members who picked the promotee's from the non promotee's.
To me that is a harder promotion then one where you go before people how know you.
-
Congrats, thanks for sharing here with the family.
-
Yep I got my second drip pan.
My plan is out at 20, but who knows.
Yep I got my second drip pan.
My plan is out at 20, but who knows.
That is what i was looking for and couldn't recall the term.....lol.
It is a different army than when i was in, but if the plan is 20, many times, if you have been a good egg and have the right major pumping the base colonel, it isn't out of the question you make master in the next couple of years....though that may be a means to get you to stick around and re-up.
I agree....like anything, you need some serious pull once you start getting to master...that has to be some young officer you helped out after he was fresh out of West Point and somehow he pulled you along or by luck he is now sitting there as your base Colonel and finally pulls you to CSM once he gets a star .
There is something to be said for coattails.
-
CONGRATS, PLUM ! THANKS for your SERVICE !
I hope the current "president" doesn't slash your military retirement like Jimmy Carter did.
That's what happened to my cousin, before he retired...
-
congrats plum and more importantly thank you.
-
Right on plum!! Congrats
-
well lets just say that the tribe will win the penant, the cavs the championship, the browns the super bowl, the bucks the national championship before I make CSM of the Army.
this will probably be my highest rank but I am good with that, SFC is a good career for my MOS, not everyone can be MSG/1SG or SGM/CSM.
well lets just say that the tribe will win the penant, the cavs the championship, the browns the super bowl, the bucks the national championship before I make CSM of the Army.
this will probably be my highest rank but I am good with that, SFC is a good career for my MOS, not everyone can be MSG/1SG or SGM/CSM.
What is your MOS Plum?
-
Congrats Plum, and I too want to thank you for your service.

-
well lets just say that the tribe will win the penant, the cavs the championship, the browns the super bowl, the bucks the national championship before I make CSM of the Army.
this will probably be my highest rank but I am good with that, SFC is a good career for my MOS, not everyone can be MSG/1SG or SGM/CSM.
What is your MOS Plum?
What is your MOS Plum?
was 63H now it is 63X mechanic
-
and again thanks all for the kind words.
and to all who said thanks you are welcome!
-
Nice work Plum. You're better off after this promotion than a lot of folks out there.
-
Congratulations!! Thank you for your service and for sharing.
-
I still remember when my brother got his second rocker. He swore it took forever.
Congratulations and thank you for your dedication.
-
Plum,
Congrats & your making at least a 20 year career was & is a fine choice. It leaves many work options when you do get out.
I will add my thanks for your service.
Mike
-
Congrats coming from across the pond.
-
What is your MOS Plum?
was 63H now it is 63X mechanic
was 63H now it is 63X mechanic
Ahhh...Ok....I was in transportation. 64 Charlie, then 88 Mike....We had to put up with you dickheads all the time.
I'm just busting your chops Plum. Really, congrats on the E-7. That's a biggie
-
Congrats Plum.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
